Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Scotty12000 wrote:
Sometimes the best thing a president can do is shut the @#$%&! up

...but not a president of Carlton. Unless you like being an afterthought of the governing body AND the other clubs? It's par for the course these days so it's little wonder there's an entire generation of supporters who accept the status quo. Some actually think they've all done a stellar job.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Mark LoGiudice denies he is Carlton’s invisible president amid turbulent times at Ikon Park
Jon Ralph wrote:
Two wooden spoons, record membership and an improved financial position are part of Mark LoGiudice’s legacy as Carlton president. But fans criticise him for being “invisible”. Not so, says the man himself.

Mark LoGiudice has denied he is Carlton’s “invisible” president as he prepares to extend his six-year reign at Ikon Park.

The Blues’ fan base didn’t miss LoGiudice in its online member forum, wondering if he ran a boys’ club amid accusations he was “nowhere to be seen”.

LoGiudice has been on the club’s board for nine-and-a-half years of a possible 12-year, four-term limit.

There has been conjecture that a fellow board member, such as PwC boss Luke Sayers, might succeed him.

But as forum members wondered if LoGiudice’s legacy was two wooden spoons and several missed finals chances, he backed his record.

On the accusation he was seen but rarely heard, he said to members: “If you wish to ever see me and want to chat, I am at the vast majority of AFL, VFL and AFLW games and always approachable and available to talk Carlton.

“During my presidency we have delivered a reduced and re-shaped board that is now skill-set based. Record revenue, record profit, and significant reduction of historical debt. Record membership, record home game attendances, record sponsorship, introduction of non-traditional revenue streams including Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport, and a rebuild of the AFL list – the first in the club’s history.”

That board has been able to reduce the club’s debt to $4 million after a third successive year of net profits.

LoGiudice plans to continue as president but the departure of list boss Stephen Silvagni would have been gut wrenching for him given their close relationship.

Football boss Brad Lloyd confirmed the club would continue with the Patrick Cripps-Sam Docherty co-captaincy and defended the decision to move on Dale Thomas despite strong form.

He also defended the club’s decision to lure Josh Deluca in the mid-season draft then jettison him at year’s end.

“When we draft a player we always look at it as a long-term decision hoping they will be at the club as a long-term player. Josh was no different to this and we drafted him with this in mind. In saying this, we would never commit to a player beyond their contracted period,” Lloyd said.

“Josh made the trip across from Perth with the opportunity to continue his AFL career, he did a good job but unfortunately was not able to secure a more permanent position on our playing list.”

CEO Cain Liddle would not commit to the abolition of poker machines at Carlton, saying only that the Blues needed to maximise other revenues to give them options in their business.

Of the 64,000 Members a couple, like Theo (twice) had a go at a perceived Boys club and the President being invisible, and Ralph the Mouth makes a mountain, or writes an article for the trash paper over a fleeting comment from a so called Carlton fan, whom no one knows from a bar of soap let alone having never met him....superb journalism. Who cares what Ralphy or Theo have to say? One is faceless and the other is a Carlton hating sensationalist.

Winge Winge Winge ... when the club is in the best position we have been in since 2002.

SOS is GONE....we move forward

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Theo is probably Ralphy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Or God

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

bmaurizio wrote:
Age wrote:
Some people are never happy.

Yup your Spot On

*you're

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Scotty12000 wrote:
Who calls Kane Cornes an "old c*nt" on live national TV

Did someone actually do that

Whoever did, let's get them for president

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Who calls Kane Cornes an "old c*nt" on live national TV

Did someone actually do that

Whoever did, let's get them for president

Same bloke who also said Adam Goodes should advertise King Kong on live national TV

Can't have one without the other

(hint: his club has won as many premierships as Carlton in the last 25 years...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Scotty12000 wrote:
(hint: his club has won as many premierships as Carlton in the last 25 years...)

*but are far more relevant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:

maybe for you, but not to me.

History matters as it does count.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:

I assume by "relevant" you mean influential with the AFL. TBH I don't care if our president has no influence with the AFL, as long as financially we are in a good state and we are winning games. At present we seem to be heading in the right direction with both.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

By relevant, I mean in every sense of their being. Their supporter base, their headquarters, their membership packages, their home ground, their finances, their clout.

Carlton supporters see a 2 and a bit million profit and get giddy. Apparently the club's going gangbusters! Ok...where do Carlton's assets lie in comparison to other Victorian clubs?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Been a ragged post season period for the club.

MLG should gather the troops from the board to the bootstudder in the warm up area and give them all a rev up and demand a fresh new start after the Christmas break. The club needs some leadership at this point in time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:29 am 
Bruce Comben

Could be happening sooner rather than later......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

blues_clues wrote:
Could be happening sooner rather than later......

Let's hope so.
Time for the dog to wag the tail.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MLG emailed me just now.

A further $1m wiped off the debt. Halved from $6m to $3m in a year. Expect to be debt free by 2022.

Excellent news.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 am 
Geoff Southby

I seen that too.
I'm happy to have a little debt past that as long as they keep pumping the $$$ into the footy department and facilities.
If we are on the up then we need to have the best facility, with the best football department and the best medical team in the league.
That alone will attract A graders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
By relevant, I mean in every sense of their being. Their supporter base, their headquarters, their membership packages, their home ground, their finances, their clout.

Carlton supporters see a 2 and a bit million profit and get giddy. Apparently the club's going gangbusters! Ok...where do Carlton's assets lie in comparison to other Victorian clubs?

Agree.

Carlton is a middling club grovelling out of the hole that the AFL & poor management put us in.

I recently read that book Footballistics by James Coventry. He divides clubs into brackets based on revenue etc. Carlton is considered a "middling" club. We aren't in the big league, and that is the way many in the AFL wants it. Easier to control.

Why can't the AFL give more to Carlton in revenue seeing it is a "middling club"..instead it gives as little as possible, pumping money into Hawthorn (via Tasmania cr*p), Gold Coast, GWS, the Swans etc.

The last thing many in the AFL wants is a powerful Carlton.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

So members will finally get the chance to vote for board positions,

Chris Judd, Chris Townshend and David Campbell all trying to survive with 2 new nominations challenging.

I think Judd's position is the one most in question.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Election of directors

To declare the results of the election of three (3) Directors of the Company in accordance with the Club’s constitution. The candidates are:

a. Chris Judd offers himself for re-election in accordance with 9.2(c) of the Club’s constitution
b. Chris Townshend offers himself for election in accordance with 9.2(a) of the Club’s constitution
c. David Campbell offers himself for re-election in accordance with 9.2(c) of the Club’s constitution
d. John Hollingsworth offers himself for election;
e. Steve Khatib offers himself for election

What do we know about Hollingsworth and Khatib?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
So members will finally get the chance to vote for board positions,

Chris Judd, Chris Townshend and David Campbell all trying to survive with 2 new nominations challenging.

I think Judd's position is the one most in question.

Who would take on the football director's role if Judd goes? As much as I loved him as a player, what has he brought to the role anyway?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 174  Next