Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1016794/williams-on-new-role?videoId=1016794&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1568364569001&spMailingID=7323368&spUserID=Mjg5NTEwNjMyMDY1S0&spJobID=1340959852&spReportId=MTM0MDk1OTg1MgS2

Diesel has his say...

Short but to point discussion. Exactly the 'type' of no nonsense person we have been lacking and needing off field in the footy department. Knows what it takes to succeed, knows the history of club and isn't afraid to make the tough calls. Can he be our current Wes Lofts. Time will tell but I think it's a great appointment by Sayers. The coaching appointment will be a big hire, but we needed this type of person steering the ship. I'm finally starting to feel it.

I like how he said the process will be different for coaches depending on their experience and I do like parko is involved also

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:13 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1016794/williams-on-new-role?videoId=1016794&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1568364569001&spMailingID=7323368&spUserID=Mjg5NTEwNjMyMDY1S0&spJobID=1340959852&spReportId=MTM0MDk1OTg1MgS2

Diesel has his say...

They say talk is cheap but Diesel certainly has always meant what he says and backed it up with action.
Not sure you would want to butt heads with him.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:52 am 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Diesel has his say...

They say talk is cheap but Diesel certainly has always meant what he says and backed it up with action.
Not sure you would want to butt heads with him.

Regards Cazzesman

I agree

Provided he lets Brian cook butt heads with him
:smile:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 am 
Bob Chitty

Also enjoyed listening to Diesel speak. You can hear the passion in his voice. Sent a clear message that improving on field performance is almost the sole focus for this club.
Sayers has also been strong with this messaging.
While talk is cheap, at least the messaging has changed under Sayers and there is an acknowledgment that on field performance is pretty much all members care for.
Also the club is backing up this messaging by taking decisive action with the aim of improving on field performance - ordering external review, removal of coach, removal of assistants, removal of CEO with one of the reasons being the lack of action to address poor on field performance.
Apart from hopefully getting better people in place throughout the club, these moves also make it clear to the players that the excuses are over, this club means business and the same old won’t be accepted going forward. First time in a while this message has been sent and it’s a positive step in my view

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am 
Bruce Doull

Yeah I'm pretty happy he's in the role. He strikes me as his own man which is important because I don't want all his 90s mates getting in his ear & trying pull things in this direction & that direction.

Absolutely calls a spade a spade does Diesel.

Wouldn't have a problem with him getting on the tools at the occasional training session too :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

david31 wrote:
Also enjoyed listening to Diesel speak. You can hear the passion in his voice. Sent a clear message that improving on field performance is almost the sole focus for this club.
Sayers has also been strong with this messaging.
While talk is cheap, at least the messaging has changed under Sayers and there is an acknowledgment that on field performance is pretty much all members care for.
Also the club is backing up this messaging by taking decisive action with the aim of improving on field performance - ordering external review, removal of coach, removal of assistants, removal of CEO with one of the reasons being the lack of action to address poor on field performance.
Apart from hopefully getting better people in place throughout the club, these moves also make it clear to the players that the excuses are over, this club means business and the same old won’t be accepted going forward. First time in a while this message has been sent and it’s a positive step in my view

If the silent assassin Sayers is bringing in people like diesel who gives a shit about the club, is invested and have some kind of aura around the playing group , that can’t be a bad thing for us

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Diesel played for three clubs. He is passionate about Carlton. That says it all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:30 am 
formerly Fevola

Gary Lyon and Tim Watson are saying that Brian Cook is not keen on coming to Carlton. Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
Gary Lyon and Tim Watson are saying that Brian Cook is not keen on coming to Carlton. Hmmmmm.

On face value it seems to be pitched as matter of fact, or to conjure some doubt to the possibility.

Typical SEN or did they say anymore than that? Source?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am 
Horrie Clover

Drewgirl wrote:

There is a reason that some of us point to the treatment of individuals at our club and talk about why it is problematic.

There is still a fair amount of water to flow under the bridge here, but so far, it appears as though we are scorching the earth and starting again (again).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am 
formerly Fevola

bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

On face value it seems to be pitched as matter of fact, or to conjure some doubt to the possibility.

At the end of the show, Gary said he heard that Cook wasnt keen on Carlton and then Tim said he heard the same thing.

Dont know, just reporting what was said.

Everything is guess work right now. And they are barracking that we get no one good as well i guess.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:24 am 
Bruce Doull

Drewgirl wrote:
Everything is guess work right now. And they are barracking that we get no one good as well i guess.

Hearing them have a snigger this morning just drove it home to me how much of a laughing stock we've become

Our time will come.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 am 
Geoff Southby

Drewgirl wrote:

Here we go, it sounds like they're hedging bets again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:40 am 
John Nicholls

CK95 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Hearing them have a snigger this morning just drove it home to me how much of a laughing stock we've become

Our time will come.

My kingdom for a Tardis!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 am 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

At the end of the show, Gary said he heard that Cook wasnt keen on Carlton and then Tim said he heard the same thing.

That why I don’t listen to sen anymore , they just make up stories to suit their purpose

Dwayne Russell show only show worth listening to , if I’m bored on the road

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

I bet they received a text message.

I remember the show when I was in Melbourne. Show ended with a text message.
The electrician had them on early morning IIRC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

That why I don’t listen to sen anymore , they just make up stories to suit their purpose

Dwayne Russell show only show worth listening to , if I’m bored on the road

I haven't heard the show, but are you being serious?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

I tried SEN on stream from where I am, gave up as the Ads were stupid in volume. I drop my kids off at school then drive to work, if I hit to beginning of the ads, I dont hear a damn thing about footy for the entire journey.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Our time will come.

:thumbsup:

We used to laugh at Richmond. Everyone used to laugh at Richmond.

Regardless of what happens with us, it may not be long before we can start laughing at Richmond again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

GMCbris wrote:
I tried SEN on stream from where I am, gave up as the Ads were stupid in volume. I drop my kids off at school then drive to work, if I hit to beginning of the ads, I dont hear a damn thing about footy for the entire journey.

This might be handy for you GMC

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=422&hilit=commercials

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 174  Next