Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Bloody oath it was took on all the hand wringing and opprobrium from the fourth estate personally and a few in here
Shook this club upon a manner not done since the Blues chased Ronald Dale
A Carlton hero in my view

George Harris , the father of the modern Carlton . Brought Marassi to the club and away we went . If Sayers does half as well we will be very lucky . .............I was a critic of Sayers simply coz he had been there for a long time with little effect . Reckon Sayers just wasn't a good second banana or backseat driver . He has shown that once he got behind the wheel himself he can drive .

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Oops , thats BARASSI . Ronald Dale Barassi .

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

After the upheaval you haven't heard from him. Kudos. Jeff Kennet could learn a thing or two

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:28 am 
Harry Vallence

We've heard nothing about him lately and that's the way I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:19 am 
Robert Walls

Thought I would give this thread a bump.

What a masterstroke his Presidency has turned out to be. Undertook the review. Made the tough calls, got rid of the dead wood and sneaky leakers. Put the right people in the right positions and empowered them. Set the challenge to make finals and stuck to his guns. Got this once great club back to being great again.

The best part about it is that you never hear from him. He doesn't shoot his mouth off to the media, publicly undermining the CEO, the Coach, the GM of Football or the GM of Recruitment like Kennett, McGuire et. al. He just lets them do their jobs.

I saw him saying a few words to Jack Newnes after his 200th game on Saturday and it is the first time I have seen him speak for months.

I don't think any of us truly understood how much change a new President and Board could bring. I certainly didn't.

Thank you to Luke and the Board. We are finally on our way to No. 17!! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:43 am 
Ken Hunter

the best thing about the year so far...............

Aside from being Capt Obvious about the 10 wins..........

We haven't heard a peep out of the Pres, CEO or The Board. Quiet achievers - They just shut up and stick to their own duties. No need to grandstand or be 'Dial a Quote.' They are there if required, otherwise it's all about Vossy and below.

No BS, behind the scenes skullduggery or backstabbing. What a breath of fresh air it is.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yeah , agree with you boys . With the way we are going i don't know how the bloody hell he restrains himself . Thats self discipline by the truckload .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mil Hanna wrote:
Thought I would give this thread a bump.

What a masterstroke his Presidency has turned out to be. Undertook the review. Made the tough calls, got rid of the dead wood and sneaky leakers. Put the right people in the right positions and empowered them. Set the challenge to make finals and stuck to his guns. Got this once great club back to being great again.

The best part about it is that you never hear from him. He doesn't shoot his mouth off to the media, publicly undermining the CEO, the Coach, the GM of Football or the GM of Recruitment like Kennett, McGuire et. al. He just lets them do their jobs.

I saw him saying a few words to Jack Newnes after his 200th game on Saturday and it is the first time I have seen him speak for months.

I don't think any of us truly understood how much change a new President and Board could bring. I certainly didn't.

Thank you to Luke and the Board. We are finally on our way to No. 17!! :clap:

and how good has hIS leadership made WA bAGGERS FEEL about being a Bagger :fight:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm looking forward to hearing from Luke on the last Saturday of September 2022 :thumbsup:
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Pres/Board not only made a whole heap of huge changes but they also left in place some people/departments that he could easily have swept the broom through. So, it was a pretty nuanced review that said 'keep this/get rid of that'.
It is great that the Pres/Board are largely unheard in the media but the truth is that its much easier to do that when things are going as well as they are. There was a lot of talk about how MLG was too quiet and not in the media enough.

I can't imagine we'd be in this position if Teague was still in charge. I did like him and think he might still one day become a good coach. But no way would we be where we are now. I also don't reckon we'd be here if Ross Lyon had won the role either. Maybe Clarkson but I feel like Voss is the right man at the right moment with the right team.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

I don't want a photo with Cripps or Charlies autograph.... I want to shake Luke Sayers @#$%&! hand.

:thanks:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:10 pm 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
The Pres/Board not only made a whole heap of huge changes but they also left in place some people/departments that he could easily have swept the broom through. So, it was a pretty nuanced review that said 'keep this/get rid of that'.
It is great that the Pres/Board are largely unheard in the media but the truth is that its much easier to do that when things are going as well as they are. There was a lot of talk about how MLG was too quiet and not in the media enough.

I can't imagine we'd be in this position if Teague was still in charge. I did like him and think he might still one day become a good coach. But no way would we be where we are now. I also don't reckon we'd be here if Ross Lyon had won the role either. Maybe Clarkson but I feel like Voss is the right man at the right moment with the right team.

Yeah, that is true. Fair call.

I guess this is what we have all been waiting for. Letting actions speak, rather than words. It is a beautiful thing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Thank God for Sayers intervention halfway through last season
What a metamorphosis throughout the club
Strong decisive leadership by Sayers not shirking the hard issues

Absolutely the right call

That's why they paid him the big bucks at PCW.

Ruthless and focussed.

Metamorphosis is the apt word. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

No. According to a departed poster, he's nothing more than a bean counter. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
No. According to a departed poster, he's nothing more than a bean counter. :lol:

We've had some good ones.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

We've had some good ones.

Good bean counters or posters? :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

Yeah , but there's bean counters and there are bean counters aren't there . Must have been a bloody good one .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

Played tennis against an ex PWC guy over summer & got chatting after & he spoke very highly of Luke.

It's funny looking back on the review period, when the media absolutely caned us, & basically said the review was an embarrassment & badly done. And that David Teague was treated terribly etc etc. It was obvious at the time that life would go on & the media was on a big slow news day.

Actually both us & the Pies were said to be a shambles when we changed coaches but it doesn't look like it worked out too badly for either of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Played tennis against an ex PWC guy over summer & got chatting after & he spoke very highly of Luke.

It's funny looking back on the review period, when the media absolutely caned us, & basically said the review was an embarrassment & badly done. And that David Teague was treated terribly etc etc. It was obvious at the time that life would go on & the media was on a big slow news day.

Actually both us & the Pies were said to be a shambles when we changed coaches but it doesn't look like it worked out too badly for either of us.

It’s like I mentioned in another thread.

Focus on your own shit and give very little time to others’ bullshit.

Mort Sahl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 174  Next