Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:27 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1801
Like all good presidents, its identifying the people you want with the traits you want and then letting them do their thing. Nothing but praise at the moment but we are only at the starting line. The real test is the results. Only with a win in round 1 will I be seeing passed the last 20 years. GO Blues!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:41 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 18415
Location: Bondi Beach
Have to start building that bronze of Sayers, if we want it at Princes Park when we win the next flag.

Those bronzes take a couple years to make. :wink:

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:41 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am
Posts: 1866
For all those people who were calling us a rabble, especially in comparison to the gold standard process the Pies went through, how are we looking now?
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO
Assistants cleared out (although not yet in place).

We are now aligned and on our way.
Meanwhile, Collingwood have not settled on their President and their Board is a shambles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:48 pm 
Offline
formerly Fevola

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 3991
17th Premiership wrote:
For all those people who were calling us a rabble, especially in comparison to the gold standard process the Pies went through, how are we looking now?
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO
Assistants cleared out (although not yet in place).

We are now aligned and on our way.
Meanwhile, Collingwood have not settled on their President and their Board is a shambles.


Yep but the media wont be acknowledging this. :banghead: :garthp:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:52 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1510
carntheblues wrote:
Like all good presidents, its identifying the people you want with the traits you want and then letting them do their thing. Nothing but praise at the moment but we are only at the starting line. The real test is the results. Only with a win in round 1 will I be seeing passed the last 20 years. GO Blues!

The silent assassin sayers proof In pudding will be consistently winning.next year , that’s how we can judge his success

But he is off to great start to help him and club achieve this sustained success

_________________
#sayerscouldbetheman!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:26 pm 
Offline
John James

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Posts: 622
17th Premiership wrote:
For all those people who were calling us a rabble, especially in comparison to the gold standard process the Pies went through, how are we looking now?
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO
Assistants cleared out (although not yet in place).

We are now aligned and on our way.
Meanwhile, Collingwood have not settled on their President and their Board is a shambles.

:thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:09 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 1495
I’ve been confident about Luke Sayers all along, I’m certain he deliver the positive results we all crave for m incrementally, humans are complicated to mange , but with Luke’s direct , competent management and passion for CFC, I’d say we’re in very good hands let’s just be patient.

_________________
Go Blue Boys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:30 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 18295
Location: North of the border
He seems to have a lot of contacts - He seems to get things done
He doesn't shy away from making tough decisions

My only question he has been on the board for 9 years did he not have any influence at all
Where were these tough calls throughout the last nine years

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the board meeting over the years

_________________
If you allow the Government to change the Laws in an emergency
They will create an Emergency to change the Laws


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:15 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:27 pm
Posts: 5211
Sydney Blue wrote:
He seems to have a lot of contacts - He seems to get things done
He doesn't shy away from making tough decisions

My only question he has been on the board for 9 years did he not have any influence at all
Where were these tough calls throughout the last nine years

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the board meeting over the years


You can have all the ideas in the world but have absolutely no power or influence. He’s got his chance now and he’s most certainly running with it.

_________________
The problem will be made. for the solution to be sold, to your face before your eyes, tolerance is now the new danger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:22 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 7040
Sydney generally on boards the direction strength and leadership really comes from the Chair he or she sets the tone and agenda
Boards change fundamentally in my view when the Chair changes
This can be the case even if the new chair has previously been a board member who now has the imprimatur to make changes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:24 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 7040
How stupid does the media narrative now look no one wants to coach Carlton sacked everyone

New CEO new coach up to 10 candidates wanting to coach Carlton
Cerra and Hewett coming
Cerra nominating Carlton
Doesn’t look like a shambles to me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1801
frank dardew wrote:
Sydney generally on boards the direction strength and leadership really comes from the Chair he or she sets the tone and agenda
Boards change fundamentally in my view when the Chair changes
This can be the case even if the new chair has previously been a board member who now has the imprimatur to make changes



That's how they work. The members are purely there for their area of expertise ( and in footy club terms their contacts) and for agreeing with the president.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:34 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 18295
Location: North of the border
You do realise that I sit on a board meeting every month.
I can assure you that the direction our company is taking is driven by the CEO and myself not from the directors. And particularly not the Chair.
We have one new director who is very good and has significant experience and has loads of input

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

_________________
If you allow the Government to change the Laws in an emergency
They will create an Emergency to change the Laws


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am 
Online
Geoff Southby

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 5990
Location: Australia
Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 am
Posts: 10066
Location: Coburg
it depends on the make up of the board, once the make up is right, things change.

_________________
This type of slight is alien in the more cultured part of the world - Walsh. Its up there with mad dogs, Englishmen and the midday sun!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:16 am 
Online
Geoff Southby

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 5990
Location: Australia
dannyboy wrote:
it depends on the make up of the board, once the make up is right, things change.


Thanks db, that’s what I meant but you put it much more eloquently…..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 18415
Location: Bondi Beach
sinbagger wrote:
Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.



I've seen this before.

Awful (embarrassing) to watch 2 head strong egos on a Board with a point to prove when the ideal is to work in collaboratively and cohesively with the same goals.

A strong Chair is important in those situations.

I was with a company where the American born Chairman, encouraged divisiveness, and liked to see Directors argue for their piece of the pie.

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:41 pm 
Online
Geoff Southby

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 5990
Location: Australia
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.



I've seen this before.

Awful (embarrassing) to watch 2 head strong egos on a Board with a point to prove when the ideal is to work in collaboratively and cohesively with the same goals.

A strong Chair is important in those situations.

I was with a company where the American born Chairman, encouraged divisiveness, and liked to see Directors argue for their piece of the pie.


I’ve worked for an American MNC for 29 of my last 31 years and that is exactly how the company culture works.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 18415
Location: Bondi Beach
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.



I've seen this before.

Awful (embarrassing) to watch 2 head strong egos on a Board with a point to prove when the ideal is to work in collaboratively and cohesively with the same goals.

A strong Chair is important in those situations.

I was with a company where the American born Chairman, encouraged divisiveness, and liked to see Directors argue for their piece of the pie.


I’ve worked for an American MNC for 29 of my last 31 years and that is exactly how the company culture works.


Amazing isn't it.

The chairman I worked under encouraged different Divisions targeting the same segment, which led to 2 sales people from the same company pitching for the same business. Let the hungriest, or, most aggressive win. Created a lot of unnecessary conflict and divisiveness boom boom.

Good to see Sayers Cook and Voss are encouraged wo work with a shared culture with connection.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1021786/shared-culture-creating-connection-cook-previews-what-s-to-come

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:33 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:44 am
Posts: 1995
Location: East Melbourne
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... y0r#p52y0r

Say what you like about the review whether it was right or wrong to do a cleanout. Here is one ex-player Gibbons who says that it destabilised the playing group.

Quote:
Gibbons did reveal the constant speculation around the club’s preview hurt morale and focus at the Blues labelling it “incredibly stressful”.

“It creates, I wouldn’t say toxic (environment), but it’s pretty unspoken,” Gibbons said.

“When you sit down and have a chat to blokes towards the latter end of the year, it was getting to everyone.

“No fault of the media, but it was in the media every day and it becomes a bit of a cycle.”

_________________
Silvagni


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arnhem blues, billy_bongo, CFC8795, cortez, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], GreatEx, Irblue, jezzarules, Laguna, Lucky, Menzel_Mayhem, Mil Hanna, Scotty12000, Springsteen and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group