Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Maclure on 360 alluding to some rumbling.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The members of the Carlton Football Club have ousted far more successful Presidents in the past (Harris and Elliott) - MLG wouldn’t want to stand on his record.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
The members of the Carlton Football Club have ousted far more successful Presidents in the past (Harris and Elliott) - MLG wouldn’t want to stand on his record.

He's the only President in my memory of the CFC to accept the workings of the AFL and not attempt to cheat or shortcut his way to success.
I hope he's around long enough to see the fruits of his hard work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

He's the only President in my memory of the CFC to accept the workings of the AFL and not attempt to cheat or shortcut his way to success.
And that is why he will never lead this club to success.
You have to beat the system or find loopholes in it to be successful.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Care to provide us factual evidence of how Rich, WB, Syd, Gee and Haw found loopholes? And...AFL assistance to Syd doesn't count...how did the clubs beat the system? What loopholes did they find?

If only Carlton's percentage was replicated by the percentage of asinine posts you publish, we'd be much further up the ladder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Care to provide us factual evidence of how Rich, WB, Syd, Gee and Haw found loopholes? And...AFL assistance to Syd doesn't count...how did the clubs beat the system? What loopholes did they find?

If only Carlton's percentage was replicated by the percentage of asinine posts you publish, we'd be much further up the ladder

What do you mean AFL sanctioned payments outside the Salary Cap doesn’t count.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

Maclure was taking the piss out of Robinson & Wheatley about there being “rumblings”.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

You have no idea do you
I don't think I have ever come across anyone who is so clueless and totally oblivious about what goes on.
How do the cats and Hawks not bust cap
Pies what they did with Mason Cox
How did Sydney get Buddy and Tippet and not lose any other stars
Tigers have 4 players on real big coin .
When the cap is around 10mill
How can you pay 4 or 5 players 800k plus as well as make minimum payments to others on list 3 to 4 mill on 3 or 4 players whilst the other 40 have 6 or 7 mill between the lot

For once in your life 99 think
Instead of stalking me just take a little bit of that grey matter in your head and think

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Also Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson involvement with Geelong in the mid 2000s, calls into question the validity of their premierships.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am 
John Nicholls

AGRO wrote:
Also Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson involvement with Geelong in the mid 2000s, calls into question the validity of their premierships.

Not enough is made of this, truly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

What do you mean AFL sanctioned payments outside the Salary Cap doesn’t count.

No that doesn't count cause that wasn't the club finding the loopholes; those loopholes were provided by the AFL.
SB spoke about club based engineering, not AFL engineering
But hey, let's not be distracted by Sydney (Swans)
What have RIch, WB, Gee Coll and Haw done to BEAT the system? And...I'll throw in StK, Freo and WC who have been grand finalists over the last decade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:

You have no idea do you
I don't think I have ever come across anyone who is so clueless and totally oblivious about what goes on.
How do the cats and Hawks not bust cap
Pies what they did with Mason Cox
How did Sydney get Buddy and Tippet and not lose any other stars
Tigers have 4 players on real big coin .

When the cap is around 10mill
How can you pay 4 or 5 players 800k plus as well as make minimum payments to others on list 3 to 4 mill on 3 or 4 players whilst the other 40 have 6 or 7 mill between the lot

For once in your life 99 think
Instead of stalking me just take a little bit of that grey matter in your head and think

Ooh this is getting juicy SB...'stalking', I like that word. Anyway, enough of my self indulgent and vexatious litigation.

Ok, I will give you a chance to really bury me, a free kick as it were...

1. Show me evidence that the Hawks and Cats bust the salary cap. Do you have access to their financials?
2. Give me a bit more than Mason Cox's rookie salary outside the cap as a reason for Collingwood's climb up the ladder. (By the way, mason Cox wasn't around when they won their flag so not sure how he helped them BEAT the system)
3. And as a corollary to 2, are you suggesting that Mason Cox is the 'eldorado' for Coll this year?
4. The Tigers have 4 players on REAL BIG coin...so what? How has that helped them BEAT the system
5. WB...nothing to see here...what loopholes did they find?
6. StK, WC and Freo were grand finalists during the last decade. How did they manipulate the system?
7. Apart from the Eastern states expansion clubs who have been socially engineered, please explain to me why the other 14 clubs haven't BEATEN the system like they have?

I could end this post with an A-Z choice of acerbic swipes directed toward you but on this occasion, I'll be the bigger man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow boys,just changing the subject,can any of you guys tell me why the hell did Marco LG bump Trigg.Still to this day have no idea.Reason i ask coz i reckon we were tracking beautifully under his watch.I reckon it has all turned to shit since Trigg has departed...............Oh,and i don't buy this marketing bullshit coz if that was the big issue you would have brought in Liddle for that specific job,not to run the whole joint.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

My understanding is they wanted a CEO to drive membership numbers which they felt Trigg wasn’t doing.

Also Trigg was essentially a “fly-in / fly-out” CEO, as his family was still in Adelaide.

I’m also guessing the Board felt the football department had “been sorted” so wanted the Melbourne based CEO who could drive the membership numbers as our next step to reviving the club.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 am 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
My understanding is they wanted a CEO to drive membership numbers which they felt Trigg wasn’t doing.

Also Trigg was essentially a “fly-in / fly-out” CEO, as his family was still in Adelaide.

I’m also guessing the Board felt the football department had “been sorted” so wanted the Melbourne based CEO who could drive the membership numbers as our next step to reviving the club.

Thanks Aggs............had no idea Trigg was still Adelaide based.OK that is not ideal so i get itBut surely that should have been sorted before he was appointed.Crazy.............however,that being the case,why would you not get an experienced CEO and bring in Liddle as a marketing man which apparently where he excels.Sounds to me like they have got there apples and oranges mixed up...............and they thought the footy side was sorted ? and now Macca is gone ! sounds like we are flying blind,making it up as we go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

it's outrageous to think we have a rookie president, CEO and head coach.

something there has to give. we went all in with amateur hour, and we're paying dearly right now. the women's & mens seniors were both the league worst, and our VFL team is 2nd last.

there's failure and then there's what we're serving up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

emtwenty wrote:
Maclure was taking the piss out of Robinson & Wheatley about there being “rumblings”.

He let it slip then tried to backtrack and joke it away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
it's outrageous to think we have a rookie president, CEO and head coach.

something there has to give. we went all in with amateur hour, and we're paying dearly right now. the women's & mens seniors were both the league worst, and our VFL team is 2nd last.

there's failure and then there's what we're serving up.

Spot on, with the ability and experience available , it defies logic how our great club has been made to genuflect so unceremoniously.
Getting rid of Triigg/ Craig was just a little premature, even a blockhead can understand it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
Anyhow boys,just changing the subject,can any of you guys tell me why the hell did Marco LG bump Trigg.Still to this day have no idea.

My take has always been that Trigg was hired because he came AFL recommended. The absolution from HQ was all our board needed to hear to hire him. In reality - he was a glorified communications manager whose track record at Adelaide in the previous few years there was abysmal.

*Adelaide's sponsorship program lost 2 million between 2011 and 2012, and was at the same level it was at in 2009.
*Adelaide went from being a financial powerhouse to requiring a a million a year in grants from the SANFL just to make it profitable. Without the grant, Adelaide would have been loss makers in five of Triggs' last six years.
*Adelaide's revenue increases over Trigg's last five years were almost solely due to increases in TV rights funding.

99prelim wrote:
No that doesn't count cause that wasn't the club finding the loopholes; those loopholes were provided by the AFL. SB spoke about club based engineering, not AFL engineering

AFL enginerring works both ways...clubs have to make a case why they deserve a decent part of the pie. Prior to the 2012 season, the club CEO's, Presidents and AFL exec members worked for over a year on the Club Future Fund which set out AFL payments for clubs between 2012-2016.

Club's Total allocation (2012-16)
Bulldogs $10.2 million
North $10.2 million
Melbourne $9.2 million
Saints $8.1 million
Richmond $8.1 million
Port $7.2 million
Sydney $7.2 million
Brisbane $7.2 million
Essendon* $4.75 m
Collingwood $4.25 m
West Coast $4.25 m
Fremantle $4.25 m
Carlton $4.25m
Geelong $3.25m
Hawthorn $3.25m
Adelaide $3.25m
GC $3.25m
GWS $3.25m

So you can make the argument that Greg Swann and Stephen Kernahan didn't do a great job or that we were shafted by the AFL...or BOTH! Clubs were provided with a formal funding package letter outlining the conditions of funding. Clubs that received between $10.2million and $7.2million then worked with the AFL to set 2012-2014 budgets and agree on hiring strategies and KPIs for new roles.

This certainly assisted the Tigers and Dogs who used it to great effect. Melbourne, North and the Saints not quite as astute. The Blues spent their monies on facilities and debt reduction. While Trigg was CEO, the AFL assisted with marketing and sponsorship.

Rexy wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
He let it slip then tried to backtrack and joke it away.

I'd be shocked if there was a board challenge. Zac Fried and Marcus Clarke will both have served 12 years by the beginning of 2019 and cannot stay on. Board can go down to 6 if it chooses or bring 2 more on through the independent nominations committee...i don't think members will get a vote. Another example of club engineering...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 174  Next