Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

blues_clues wrote:
Seeing as Luke Sayers is about to step down as the CEO of PwC and head off into early retirement (well deserved) he will have some more time on his hands..... Move over MLG

I agree. MLG has a lot of areas for improvement but he should feel comfortable with what he has assisted the club to achieve. Sayers should inherit a stable organisation that he can hopefully take to the next level.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
MLG has a lot of areas for improvement but he should feel comfortable with what he has assisted the club to achieve.

What are those achievements BV? Feel free to go from February 2010 (appointed board member) or June 2014 (President).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DocSherrin III wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
MLG has a lot of areas for improvement but he should feel comfortable with what he has assisted the club to achieve.

What are those achievements BV? Feel free to go from February 2010 (appointed board member) or June 2014 (President).

Leading a board that had the courage to back the rebuilding of the list.
That's the biggest and gutsiest achievement at the club in many a year. Throw in record membership, financial improvement etc if you'd like.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rebuilding of playing list to an abundantly talented one.
Administration restructuring, to a more competent , aggressive and driven professional unit.
Appreciable increases in profitability and viability.
Historical increases in membership tally
Mark has chaired and witness a historical overhauling of our great club to were we are now in a position to launch 2020 without the tag of a dysfunctional limping dinosaur.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

bmaurizio wrote:
Rebuilding of playing list to an abundantly talented one.
Administration restructuring, to a more competent , aggressive and driven professional unit.
Appreciable increases in profitability and viability.
Historical increases in membership tally
Mark has chaired and witness a historical overhauling of our great club to were we are now in a position to launch 2020 without the tag of a dysfunctional limping dinosaur.

You might have to use baby talk with some on this forum, that is all they understand!! Actually i am not sure that will work either!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

DocSherrin III wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Still living in the past you are, how about getting into the now.

Figures do not lie, he has changed the cfc for the better, no matter how you spin it, the balance sheet does the talking!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Members forum starts in a few minutes.

Now's the time to put up....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:

Lovely night for it...oh that's right - it's online! Ok...where do I watch it? I can't? I thought it was a members forum? You lot actually support this? Bewildering.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Lovely night for it...oh that's right - it's online! Ok...where do I watch it? I can't? I thought it was a members forum? You lot actually support this? Bewildering.

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

As an interstate member, an online forum is fine by me. The ability to ‘like’ questions that we want answered is good too (ensures the questions of greatest relevance to the majority of the members get answered).
Having the Q&A uploaded to the website upon completion seems to be an improvement on previous efforts too. Better than needing to come on here for a review of the temperature of the party pies and availability of mid strength beers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cecil89 wrote:
As an interstate member, an online forum is fine by me. The ability to ‘like’ questions that we want answered is good too (ensures the questions of greatest relevance to the majority of the members get answered).
Having the Q&A uploaded to the website upon completion seems to be an improvement on previous efforts too. Better than needing to come on here for a review of the temperature of the party pies and availability of mid strength beers.
Agree, not a bad format... (a few too many 'repeat' questions, but hey)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

One thing to reel off rote answers in an online forum without the pressure of a crowd, another to justify your rote answers before a live studio audience.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

I suspect plenty are more upset about losing the audience for their question rather than there being no audience for the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mark LoGiudice in the members forum wrote:
During my presidency we have delivered a reduced and re-shaped Board that is now skill-set based. Record revenue, record profit, and significant reduction of historical debt. Record membership, record home game attendances, record sponsorship, introduction of non-traditional revenue streams including Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport, and a rebuild of the AFL list (the first in the Club's history). The establishment of an AFLW team which played in the Grand Final last season, along with authentic and genuine community programs including Carlton Respects, and re-shaped the organisation to achieve an AFL leading engagement score amongst our staff. Our supporters are closer to the Club than ever before and we now rank first in the league for Digital content consumption. The largest infrastructure project for Ikon Park in history with $40 million committed. But more importantly we're now extremely excited and positioned for future success..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cecil89 wrote:
I suspect plenty are more upset about losing the audience for their question rather than there being no audience for the answer.
:lol: :clap:....

Yes, nothing is as sweet as the sound of my own voice

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ya know....

fools find no pleasure in understanding...
but delight in airing their own opinions...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

cecil89 wrote:

They'll get their chance at the AGM. I presume those that normally pontificate are rusted on members. No insightful responses by the suits tonight, so not sure what it achieved. It wasn't engagement and it wasn't transparency, so I'd be recommending they scrap it altogether. Kudos for trying though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

To the contrary, I thought it provided a lot of clarity on the SOS/Liddle situation and hit some of the unfounded rumours on the head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 am 
Geoff Southby

I preferred it. I wasn’t going to attend the forum if it was an in-person event again with little or no moderation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:28 am 
Bruce Doull

It may not have been perfect, but good on the board for fronting up and putting themselves in the firing line. Good to see the meedyah running with the members all baying for blood over SOS; yes, there was a bit of that, but there were plenty of other topics discussed and quite a few supportive comments/questions as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 174  Next