Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

It’s hilarious that people talk about our ruck deficiency with Pitto, which by the way, I don’t think is that bad, but at the same time, want to trade one of the best up and coming ruckman coming through. Just weird logic but I guess this is the new Carlton supporter.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wasn't Pitto just recently rated as one of the most efficient ruckmen in the comp? Lol

Pitto isn't the problem.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:23 am 
Bob Chitty

agree ... he is pivotal for us ... he isnt the best ruckmen in the league, but he is competitive and the best we have at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:39 am 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
agree ... he is pivotal for us ... he isnt the best ruckmen in the league, but he is competitive and the best we have at the moment.

Yep . He's OK . Competitive . Not a star but not bad . Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf of bread .

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:02 am 
Harry Vallence

Again, this mentality is holding the club back. The obsession with star power, with individuals.

You don't need 22 stars in the team. Ffs.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:22 am 
formerly Fevola

Traveller86 wrote:
Again, this mentality is holding the club back. The obsession with star power, with individuals.

Its not about star players as i dont care what draft number you are. But do your job. Its a ruckmans job for example to do the ruck. To go back and assist and to go forward to assist. Or to present up the line to take a mark.

Im using pittonet as an example and this scenario can be for any player.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:38 pm 
Horrie Clover

SurreyBlue wrote:
It’s hilarious that people talk about our ruck deficiency with Pitto, which by the way, I don’t think is that bad, but at the same time, want to trade one of the best up and coming ruckman coming through. Just weird logic but I guess this is the new Carlton supporter.

He's not the worst Pitto, at the same time he's not the best. Solid, but if we have a stoppage orientated game we need a more dominant ruck.

I'm really hoping TDK comes through, he came on early last year but hasn't been any were near that level since. I think for his age he needs to start showing more. I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:

Media speculation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Its not about star players as i dont care what draft number you are. But do your job. Its a ruckmans job for example to do the ruck. To go back and assist and to go forward to assist. Or to present up the line to take a mark.

That's what we've been waiting for.
He may hit a purple patch as happens with rucks, but then again, he may never be that ruckman, like Kreuzer wasn't, and he was a No 1 pick.
Pitto is the best we've got and we suffer without him when TDK has no form.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:09 am 
Ken Hands

bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

He may hit a purple patch as happens with rucks, but then again, he may never be that ruckman, like Kreuzer wasn't, and he was a No 1 pick.
Bit harsh on Kreuze, I reckon. When fit, he was special. His body let him down.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:54 am 
Bruce Doull

bluechucky wrote:
Quote:

Stability and unity in your football program is what gets you through tough patches.

I acknowledge it may not be what some want to hear but for the next 13 weeks and hopefully longer this season, we are in this together and that is not changing. Every step of the way.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the above, but I read it as - Finals this year or Vossy is gone.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I wonder what will happen to our president when the PwC thing blows up even bigger…

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BamBam7 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Bit harsh on Kreuze, I reckon. When fit, he was special. His body let him down.

I'm talking about marking. Kreuzer wasnt known for his marking around the ground, Pitto's the same.

Last edited by bondiblue on Thu May 25, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

CarltonClem wrote:
I wonder what will happen to our president when the PwC thing blows up even bigger…

Club Statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:21 pm 
John Nicholls

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 5dbe9.html

"Many Australians don’t read the financial sections of the papers or pay attention to the detail of what’s played out in a financial world so far away from their own family budgeting.

Let’s face it: there’s a whole economics-discourse gap that makes financial literacy a challenge, and not everyone is into the jargon or the detail. But even at such a distance from the financial service sector, knowledge of the scale of the ethical and moral failure at PwC is leaking into the broader community. People know it’s something to do with tax and big tech companies not paying their fair share, and a bloke who took confidential information from Australian citizens and used it to make money.

When a senior partner at PwC, Peter Collins, signed three separate confidentiality agreements with the Australian government between 2013 and 2018, he knew what he was doing. He was inside the tent; he had access to confidential information about Australian tax laws being designed to ensure big multinationals pay their fair share of tax. He sat in meetings with Australian Treasury officials and shared his considerable knowledge about tax law to assist in the effective design of Australian law. But then he went back to PwC Australia and PwC Global and – with the support of PwC colleagues in the US, UK, Singapore, Ireland, and Europe – unethically and collaboratively designed a scheme to profit himself, his colleagues and all the partners in the firm.

PwC attempted to enable major international companies, the names of which I intend to ensure are revealed, to avoid paying their fair share of tax. That is money straight from the pockets of hard-working Australians. The actions of PwC were a direct assault on our nation’s capacity to fund our schools, hospitals and public services – and in that way was a direct assault on every Australian citizen.

Let’s be clear about this: once Collins had the intelligence about what the Australian government was doing on the Multinational Anti-Avoidance Legislation (MAAL), he took it back to PwC to share with colleagues. And share it he did – far and wide across the PwC Australia and Global network. Together with others at PwC, Collins became the central cog in the machine being actively constructed inside PwC to turn confidential knowledge into a product for PwC to flog off to the same multinationals who were trying to minimise the amount of tax they pay in Australia.

The very first time that sharing of confidential material and insights was suggested was the moment PwC should have pounced on Collins and sacked him for multiple breaches of ethical boundaries. The moment of opportunity to do the right thing was lost. What occurred is matter of historical fact: there is a now public cache of communications between Collins and at least 53 different redacted PwC email addresses that fills 144 pages. It is truly shocking material.

A sample: “In total we expect (based on fee estimates that we have agreed with clients) that revenue from the first stage of the MAAL projects will be approximately $2.5 million.” That’s Collins in a PwC love-in that celebrated his deception and delighted in the anticipated flow of dollars into the PwC coffers.

Another: “Don’t circulate it beyond us or discuss it outside PwC – it would really put PwC Australia and me in a real bind.” Not only did Collins know he shouldn’t be sharing the confidential material with anyone, he knew it would be a big problem for everyone who facilitated the process he was leading. No one at PwC Australia or PwC Global stopped him.

The communications between PwC Australia and PwC Global extends from October 2014 to January 2017. In May 2016, so excited was PwC by the prospect of capturing the multinational tax avoidance market with the insider intel, it held a conference call for global tax partners.

Collins knew what he was doing. It breached the ethical and professional boundary he should have known and observed in spirit and practice. He was banned from practising for two years. But he was not alone and the emails he sent and received implicate many of his PwC colleagues.

All this occurred during the leadership in Australia of Luke Sayers, PwC’s then-CEO. He has questions to answer about the behaviour that took place on his watch. Tom Seymour, PwC’s head of tax at the time and later CEO of PwC Australia, has already stepped down. We’re told by PwC that he will retire in September, about the same time as the PwC internal review is expected to land. But what about all the others?

The Australian people deserve better from one of Australia’s biggest assurance companies. It’s time for PwC to face the music and to name the names of all involved. No delaying; no mucking around; no hiding any longer. Name the names. As the PwC saga continues, I think it’s time to call out the behaviour of a leadership team now in damage-control mode.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:42 am 
formerly Fevola

Someone needs to come and save us and do a proper clean out of all management including coaching team.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:58 am 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:
Someone needs to come and save us and do a proper clean out of all management including coaching team.

The AFP might save us lol

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Carlton board member Craig Mathieson is expected to tender his resignation this week.

Mathieson has been a director since 2012 and was one of several board members who supported president Luke Sayers' push for Ross Lyon to succeed David Teague as senior coach in 2021.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/28/ ... -on-blues/

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:48 am 
Robert Walls

Does that mean Bruce is going to try to hold the club to ransom now?

Sack Voss or lose ya pokies
??

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

What's going to be interesting is the timing of everything. I still think that Voss sees out his contract and coaches Carlton in 2024. I think there'll be a couple of changes at assistant coach level and the finals or bust won't come until next season. Cook will have Mark Thompson circa 2006 in his mind when he talks to the board.

Speaking of Cook, his contract is also up at seasons end 2024. He already stuffed up one executive appointment in Braith Cox, so I'm not convinved the board trusts him to find a successor. He's also linked to the fortunes of Luke Sayers. If Sayers should depart for something related outside of football, Cook would likely follow. Cannot see him working with another President.

So I might be wrong - but I think we'll have status quo into 2024 where Coach, CEO and President are concerned. And I think that's the right move. Voss's fortunes will be different this time next year. Cook will likely move on regardless and the President will likely remain President even with external voices syaing otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 174  Next