Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 pm 
formerly cj69

Greg Swann was brought to this club by Pratt because supposedly he was the "Best". Pratt ethos was always to get the "Best".

Well if ever he needed to show his worth it is now. He is effectively CEO and President. He is the boss. He is the business brain that runs the club on a day to day basis.

He needs to step up and make a stand that recent results and efforts are not good enough and will not be tolerated. He needs to tell the supporters. Put EVERYONE on notice!

The culture of the club comes from the top and he is it. He can do it, he's done it before, he was highly involved in the rebuild of Collingwood.

As a long time loyal supporter I need to hear he is doing something. I need to hear that efforts like the past month will not be tolerated. I need hope.

As with most I have my own opinions on what the problems are but in the end it doesn't matter.

FFS Swanny show me something!!!!! :mad:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:21 pm 
Horrie Clover

Have a feeling heads will roll if we miss September.

Last 3 years we have taken steps forward and our 3 narrow finals losses have been brave. But that will all count for nothing if we miss finals.

Missing the 8 all together will be too much. I'm sure some tough decisions need to be made and it probably starts from the top. Sticks and Ratts - great servants and legends of our club but probably time to move on now.

And let's not allow the actual playing list to escape scrutiny here either. Changes need to be made.

Some may argue probably a couple years too late...but better late then never.

We have arguably been one of the worst performed clubs of the last decade. Enter Chris Judd, a new coach (or 2) and 3 no.1 picks later and still some things just have not changed...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I would say he's busy making himself available for media as we speak.

I wouldn't expect him to have a presser about club direction as this would come across as being panicked. But I reckon he'll chat to KB, and Harf etc usual stuff.

They won't move on Ratten until the season has been flushed down the crapper entirely.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

ThePsychologist wrote:
Greg Swann was brought to this club by Pratt because supposedly he was the "Best". Pratt ethos was always to get the "Best".

Well if ever he needed to show his worth it is now. He is effectively CEO and President. He is the boss. He is the business brain that runs the club on a day to day basis.

He needs to step up and make a stand that recent results and efforts are not good enough and will not be tolerated. He needs to tell the supporters. Put EVERYONE on notice!

The culture of the club comes from the top and he is it. He can do it, he's done it before, he was highly involved in the rebuild of Collingwood.

As a long time loyal supporter I need to hear he is doing something. I need to hear that efforts like the past month will not be tolerated. I need hope.

As with most I have my own opinions on what the problems are but in the end it doesn't matter.

Would you honestly get some comfort out of Swann coming out and making a rubbish public statement like....'this will not be tolerated'.

Proof is in the pudding, actions speak louder than words.

Those statements are meaningless unless they actually act and do something about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

If you reckon Swann can save us,then good luck.His place is in the front office and that is going only so so. Thats the big problem,Swann sticking his bib into matters that dont concern him when he cant even do his own job properly.Swann is overated..........Andy Mac is the man.Reckon Andy is gonna reck some old freindships pretty soon.Its gotta be done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kots1234 wrote:
We have arguably been one of the worst performed clubs of the last decade.

Not sure that that's arguable.

It just is.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
If you reckon Swann can save us,then good luck.His place is in the front office and that is going only so so. Thats the big problem,Swann sticking his bib into matters that dont concern him when he cant even do his own job properly.Swann is overated..........Andy Mac is the man.Reckon Andy is gonna reck some old freindships pretty soon.Its gotta be done.

I hope you're right - but I still think we reek too much of the 95 Premiership Players Club and Sticks might be the President, but I am pretty sure there is someone else from that group pulling the strings "Godfather Style". :wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 22.35 KiB | Viewed 9541 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:34 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

DocSherrin wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

:clap: :clap:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluedog wrote:

He did....REALLY????? I refuse to believe this unless I see it quoted another 50 times.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
bluedog wrote:

He did....REALLY????? I refuse to believe this unless I see it quoted another 50 times.

He did say that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

sarcasm

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 pm 
Bruce Comben

AGRO wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I hope you're right - but I still think we reek too much of the 95 Premiership Players Club and Sticks might be the President, but I am pretty sure there is someone else from that group pulling the strings "Godfather Style". :wink:

I've been saying that for years. Too many Carlton people at Carlton. Jobs for the boys & no-one willing to make the tough decisions for fear of the group turning on them.
Swann is an outsider & is probably struggling without Pratt in the chair.
If you look at the successful clubs you see strong leadership at all levels. That is what is lacking at Carlton.
I saw Aker on Open Mike this evening & he talked about strong leadership at Brisbane & weak leadership at the doggies & what it meant for on field success.
It is obvious to me that the club is lacking in good leadership. The last couple of seasons were lucky based on talent alone.
I have a feeling the club is in for big changes & hopefully for the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
bluedog wrote:

:razz:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

He's a Collingwood plant. Why would he do anything to help us onfield? He's there for the bottom line and his pay packet, which I imagine is not inconsiderable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am 
Wayne Johnston

I'm sure he will be more concerned about his super ATM than the CFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am 
Rod Ashman

So ppl want megaphone diplomacy from C.F.C. admin?
I don't think Swanny is sitting in his office doing crosswords

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Didn't things start looking downhill after Icke left? Just saying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

isdonis.george wrote:
So ppl want megaphone diplomacy from C.F.C. admin?
I don't think Swanny is sitting in his office doing crosswords

Soduku?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next