Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Personally i think we will beat collingwood if Gibbs plays in the backline and we lost the third tall type we play there.

I admit Gibbs is playing better as a midfielder than i thought he could and longterm it could be better for the club to play him there continually but if we want to win against collingwood moving him to the backline is what i would do.

We have only won one game with him in the midfield this season and that was against GWS. We looked our best in games against Westcoast Adelaide (first half before Gibbs got subbed out) and Brisbane and our second half against the cats looked ok. He played back in all them games. I think this is because he stops goals and sets more up for us from the backline.

He would need to be replaced onball which at this stage is hard unless Murphy comes back and/or Bell and Carrazzo come in.

Touhy Jamo Simpson
Walker Henda Gibbs

This backline still does is for me. Gives us extra run and rotations onball so we can keep doing what we do well for longer.

At the minute i would play Yaz as a small forward and drop one of Betts or Garlett.

Lucas sub.

I think the MCG under lights this week will bring out our best and re ignite our season.

What you are really saying is even with 20 hbfer types on the list and not enough mids.. were struggling at hbf.. and Gibbs should keep playing there??

Yeah i agree....!!!.. but only because we !@#$%& up recruitment and list management...and Gibbs can play BOTH even though he is a midfielder!!!!
We are just so dumb arent we???

Pretty much.

..........and id be happy to lose a little more in the midfield if we get our attacks from behind centre. It will mean there is more space in front to use instead of going all 2010 and trying to play the game in our half .....................and not scoring due to the congestion. So we give up a bit of midfield and have an attacking dynamic backline with space infront of it. Sounds like what some of the teams at the top are doing.

True we botched up our list with too many players with HBF skillsets. I want onballers in every position but the spine. Occasionally a third tall defender but not often.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Personally i think we will beat collingwood if Gibbs plays in the backline and we lost the third tall type we play there.

I admit Gibbs is playing better as a midfielder than i thought he could and longterm it could be better for the club to play him there continually but if we want to win against collingwood moving him to the backline is what i would do.

We have only won one game with him in the midfield this season and that was against GWS. We looked our best in games against Westcoast Adelaide (first half before Gibbs got subbed out) and Brisbane and our second half against the cats looked ok. He played back in all them games. I think this is because he stops goals and sets more up for us from the backline.

He would need to be replaced onball which at this stage is hard unless Murphy comes back and/or Bell and Carrazzo come in.

Touhy Jamo Simpson
Walker Henda Gibbs

This backline still does is for me. Gives us extra run and rotations onball so we can keep doing what we do well for longer.

At the minute i would play Yaz as a small forward and drop one of Betts or Garlett.

Lucas sub.

I think the MCG under lights this week will bring out our best and re ignite our season.

What you are really saying is even with 20 hbfer types on the list and not enough mids.. were struggling at hbf.. and Gibbs should keep playing there??

Yeah i agree....!!!.. but only because we !@#$%& up recruitment and list management...and Gibbs can play BOTH even though he is a midfielder!!!!

Pretty much.

..........and id be happy to lose a little more in the midfield if we get our attacks from behind centre. It will mean there is more space in front to use instead of going all 2010 and trying to play the game in our half .....................and not scoring due to the congestion. So we give up a bit of midfield and have an attacking dynamic backline with space infront of it. Sounds like what some of the teams at the top are doing.

True we botched up our list with too many players with HBF skillsets. I want onballers in every position but the spine. Occasionally a third tall defender but not often.

Our best ball user should be given the ball - Give the bloody thing to Zac Touhy he is the only players in the side that gets penetration on his kicks - Free him up and give him the F#*king ball FFS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigKev wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Lucas will play.
And he'll be here next year playing again.
If MM agreed with the majority of Synbad followers here he's be in the twos with Laidler and Duigan.

Lucas has far moe upside than downside and despite the growing band of Lucas-bashers here can actually pay football OK. He has his faults but so do they all.

Judd is a crap kick for goal and can't kick over a jam tin any more. He never tackles anybody and only runs hard one way. But he knows how to get the footy and many others in the team don't.
Modern footy has many faces but the old adage of not being able to win games if you can't find the football is as true as ever.

Lucas can find it. He wins his share of one on ones and his kicking efficiency is better than (guessing) Robbo.

Contrary to what many people think, MM does not come here for advice as to whom he should drop.

Lucas is the new Houilihan/Wiggo (before he became a cult hero)/Russell. Every team has a whipping boy.

It'd be nice if he got more support from the 'supporters'.

Totally agree. Lucas gets very bad press here.

Personally I'd be questioning Garlett's place at the moment. Last year he seemed to be undroppable for a very long period of time, during which he didn't contribute much. If he's going into this sort of funk again I'd rather see him rested sooner than later.

Based on Saturdays performance Graham, Bell or Duigan are worthy of selection IMO.

Garlett has been quiet for two games. Post the Essendon* game he was probably in the AA team. Reckon he might have a few credits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

We lack a competitive edge for four quarters and have no killer instinct. Until the players start to challenge themselves to get better we'll just end up a middle of the road side that achieves nothing. The coaches have to put it to the players to get better as a team and run out matches where closer enough isn't good enough.

Go Blues let's stop the rot with a win against the Magpies.

Our season strats on Friday night.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 pm 
formerly cj69

Sydney Blue wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:

Touhy Jamo Simpson
Walker Henda Gibbs

Lucas sub.

Pretty much.

Our best ball user should be given the ball - Give the bloody thing to Zac Touhy he is the only players in the side that gets penetration on his kicks - Free him up and give him the F#*king ball FFS

Need better ball use behind and around the ball.

Yarran to HBF is a no brainer for me. Where he played his best footy and where he can add some consistency to his game.

His run from defence with Walker and Simpson would be damaging.

Tuohy is crying out for more. Throw him in the middle where his size and elite kicking will add to our rotations. If guys like Tuohy can be kicking it inside 50 4-5 times a game then we are so much more dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
n regards to this weekend's game, we'll be putting the best side on ground to beat Collingwood on Friday night.

Collingwood are another great challenge. They are a very good football side and Club.

We need to start beating some of these teams who are above us on the ladder. We don't want to become reliant on other sides winning or losing games for us to make it.

Right now the opportunity is for us is to advance and we must do so.

I'm relying on the playing group and the match committee to perform to their optimum on Friday night.

Thank you for your support and hopefully next Monday I will be able to say what a great victory it was.

Kind regards

Mick Malthouse
Member ID 2930412

well, that clears things up eh? :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluegirl72 wrote:
Quote:
n regards to this weekend's game, we'll be putting the best side on ground to beat Collingwood on Friday night.

Collingwood are another great challenge. They are a very good football side and Club.

We need to start beating some of these teams who are above us on the ladder. We don't want to become reliant on other sides winning or losing games for us to make it.

Right now the opportunity is for us is to advance and we must do so.

I'm relying on the playing group and the match committee to perform to their optimum on Friday night.

Thank you for your support and hopefully next Monday I will be able to say what a great victory it was.

Kind regards

Mick Malthouse
Member ID 2930412

well, that clears things up eh? :razz:

Interesting concept, should have tried that earlier. :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 am 
Craig Bradley

I'm getting sick of this Friday night crap. Much rather have half my weekend ruined than the whole bloody thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:

Touhy Jamo Simpson
Walker Henda Gibbs

Lucas sub.

Pretty much.

Need better ball use behind and around the ball.

Yarran to HBF is a no brainer for me. Where he played his best footy and where he can add some consistency to his game.

His run from defence with Walker and Simpson would be damaging.

Tuohy is crying out for more. Throw him in the middle where his size and elite kicking will add to our rotations. If guys like Tuohy can be kicking it inside 50 4-5 times a game then we are so much more dangerous.

Yarran can't go back to HBF because opposition coaches worked out he is too easily dragged out of the game by playing their HFF at FF. Yarran then an't go near the footy because his man just propped in the goalsquare and Yarran had to stay with him. Put him on someone else and that player would go to the square. Walker had to go back because he can mark and run. Yarran can run but his marking isn't good enough for him to play at FB. So Yarran moved up field where he is more involved in the play.

Touhy I agree should play in the midfield. He runs hard, plays hard and kicks beautifully in the field and for goal and isn't frightened to have a ping. Last week inthe forst quarter, nobody wanted to take responsibility for shooting at goal and it was almost comical watching several players passing off when they were in range. Turnovers resulted and we didn't impact the scoreboard.. Time to blood Touhy in the rotations.

I'd love to think we can win this but I thought we could beat Sydney. Picking Carlton cost me top spot on the TC Tipping Comp!!!

Now THAT hurts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 am 
Ken Hunter

..Yarran needs to work harder, all the time.. ..or it wont make a difference where we play him.. ..and unfortunately, it's not just him either.. ..but a player of his skill, ought to be one of our young guns.. ..and so far, he's still 'potential'.. ..surprised at how much he's escaping the spotlight these days..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:09 am 
Ken Hunter

Ponkstar wrote:
I'm getting sick of this Friday night crap. Much rather have half my weekend ruined than the whole bloody thing.

Friday nights are great if you win but suck if we lose.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am 
Ken Hunter

Only limited tickets left so make sure you upgrade to a seat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:42 am 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
Ponkstar wrote:

I've spent 3 out of the last 4 Friday nights sitting at the footy in the cold (and wet last week) watching us lose.

Bit over it right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

missnaut wrote:
kezza wrote:
Ponkstar wrote:

I've spent 3 out of the last 4 Friday nights sitting at the footy in the cold (and wet last week) watching us lose.

Bit over it right now.

Not a good feeling is it... Sick if these 'competitive losses'.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

..our current form will beat pies.. ..their current form will lose to us.. ..what we each bring friday night is anybody's guess, but we're by far the more consistent team even though we're 2 losses down..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

[youtube]xigFjMla-s4[/youtube]

As you said Murph "the supporters have done their bit to inspire the team" now its up to the team to inspire the supporters.
Thrash this mob on Friday night..

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I thnk it will boil down to who they bring in and what impact they have;

Young and Beams are two that have not played and then there is Jolly, Reid, Goldsack and Johnson as possible ins.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

..young and beams wont offer too much first game up.. ..if they even play.. ..jolly is cooked, and would be having sleepless nights thinking of playing vs krooz.. ..reid is doubtful, goldenballs might play.. ..its not who's out of their side, its who's in.. ..their better players have been underwhelming this year..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I hope they bring in far too many underdone players

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Goldsack hasn't played since round 6, think they openly said he and Beams would be playing in the VFL this weekend.

Carrots/McInnes for White and Cachia.
Don't think Murphy is ready.

Cachia kind of unlucky, but I think Curnow is really starting to play to his limitations, taking the first option with his disposal, creating some clearances and some good tackling to boot. Almost like a younger, less polished version of Carrots.

Chuck McInnes on Lynch. Thrashed Dawes last year, like for like Spuds are those two.

Hendo/Walker to help out Jamo and give us some rebound.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next