Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If O'Brien is allowed to roam free I reckon I'll go mental. Must shut him down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 pm 
Robert Walls

In: Carazzo, Murphy, McInnes
Out: White, Curnow, Bootsma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

ThePsychologist wrote:
In: McInnes Murphy Carrazzo Graham Bell
Out: Curnow White Garlett Bootsma Cachia

I wouldn't be dropping Cachia...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

I wouldn't be dropping Garlett either. I like the ins but it won't happen. Agree with the other outs, Cachia has been ok but how many stoppers do we need in the team, I wouldn't be disappointed if Armyfield got dropped also.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

I agree to a point about the ball winning part, but we can't just be an unaccountable free wheeling team, it may mean we have more days out but it will almost certainly mean more bad days.

But at the same time there is more potential upside by playing Bell and Graham as opposed to Cachia and Curnow who will probably don't offer as much upside. I think Cachia is ahead in the pecking order of Curnow though.

Mind you I think Simmo has been fantastic the last month and reports of his demise may of been greatly premature.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

bax wrote:
CK95 wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

I wouldn't be dropping Garlett either. I like the ins but it won't happen. Agree with the other outs, Cachia has been ok but how many stoppers do we need in the team, I wouldn't be disappointed if Armyfield got dropped also.

Armfield is no where near being dropped he puts on defensive pressure and has pace.

Yarran is one we need to sort out in terms of how to best use him. Mick seems to think having them all up forward is too much, then he won't play him in the middle as he hasn't got the tank, and there isn't a spot in defence for him because Walks is there.

Maybe okay Yaz off half back against the Pies and use Walks up forward.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:14 pm 
formerly cj69

Adam Chatfield wrote:
I agree to a point about the ball winning part, but we can't just be an unaccountable free wheeling team, it may mean we have more days out but it will almost certainly mean more bad days.

I am not saying being unaccountable or freewheeling at all, actually the opposite. We as a group need to be very defensive but we have to work both ways. My issue is that we go with 3 or 4 "shutdown" players that don't do anything else thus we are really lacking in ball winning ability. Too much pressure is put on too few to win the ball and create and IMO that is costing us each game.

Ross Lyon is as defensive as anyone but only uses Crowley as a tagger. He backs the rest in to win the ball and then work as a group to close down the opposition as a group. Barlow, Mundy, Fyfe, Hill etc win the ball and then work back when the opposition has the ball.

Curnow works hard but is average. Hard on Cachia to come in and be a tagger. If he plays let him win the ball. Armfield is a very good run and carry player. Let him play to his strengths.

If Carrots comes back he can be our tagger because he can also work the other way.

Last edited by ThePsychologist on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
formerly cj69

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Yarran is one we need to sort out in terms of how to best use him. Mick seems to think having them all up forward is too much, then he won't play him in the middle as he hasn't got the tank, and there isn't a spot in defence for him because Walks is there.

Why can't Yarran & Walker both play in defence?? Along with Simpson how much damage could they cause? All are creative, good ball users and would run any forward line ragged. Very hard to match up on.

Along with Jamo at FB, Henderson CHB and McInnes are third tall link player IMO that's a decent backline with great potential.

Release Tuohy onto wing or midfield where we need his size and kicking. I can also see him taking over Scotlands role dropping back and creating.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:28 pm 
Garry Crane

Our small forwards have had great games against the Pies in recent times. I see no reason to drop Garlett, Betts or Yarran. All three should be starters next week. If it is a dry game there will be a MASSIVE difference in their output compared to the Swans match, make no mistake.

Carrots absolutely DOMINATED in the middle last against the Pies. I hope he is back in. I can see White or Bootsma being dropped for him to come back in. Put McInness out of your mind for this year I think (at least until we know we wont play finals). Cachia still deserves his spot and is actually quite a good ball user. Lucas should be omitted against the Pies. He doesnt have enough physical presence. This opens the door for Menzel or Graham to maybe play their first game.

There only needs to be one or two changes to this team. Casboult and Waite up forward are two very good targets and will give the Pies headaches. Their key backmen won't be able to beat them in the air. Expect 6 goals from those two in total, and plenty from running midfielders. This will get us up. Cloke will be very dangerous but it's the number of small/medium sized forwards that Collingwood will hurt us with. We need to pay particular attention to them.

Blues will win this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Pies struggling against Port at present.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Be good if we played like port ! Pressure on the man is massive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Yep - season defining game now. Brace yourselves.

4th "defining" game in a row, and we all know how it'll end. Pies on the rebound will smash us, esp now that Garlett and Eddie have lost their mojo, and with Yarran no doubt the SUB again, what hope have we got.

Rabble.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There is nothing game defining about our club - it's our current era that defines us and its pretty piss poor.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
There is nothing game defining about our club - it's our current era that defines us and its pretty piss poor.

We are quickly becoming a laughing stock. Bummers are light years ahead of us and could win a flag in 2-3 years (missing maybe the next 2 drafts won't stop this current team - best KPPs in the league shortly). Port are marching past us, and the Tiges are finals bound. Mick will no doubt be planning an old fashioned clean out at season's end, and it can't come soon enough.

Curnow, Davies, McCarthy, Hampson, Robinson, White, Ellard, O'Keefe, Watson, Mitchell, Duigan......all in the gun. That's a huge and scary list which shows our complete lack of depth. Add the ageing Scotto and Houston, we have a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

2 games out of the top 8... this is a must win

In: Murphy... Carrazzo... McInnes
Out: Who? I don't care

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Season well and truely shot
Result doesnt matter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:21 pm 
Bert Deacon

After watching both Sydney game and northern blues game if go with this:

In: mcinnes. Buckley. Bell.
Out: boots. White. Garlett.

Carrots looked rusty and could benefit another reserves game if not omit Curnow.

Garlett been off for a month now, needs to be made accountable. He done buffer all again but this time he allowed his direct opponent to get career/game high stats. Buckley is quick, skilful and hard at it.
Mcinnes was rarely beaten for third week straight, nothing fancy jus gets job done.
Bell has heart, courage & determination to match the best, hard as nails, quick, long kicking, deserves gig.

Graham very close, only 3 games in, first if which played half. Another performance like this weekends could nearly do it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

ThePsychologist wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Why can't Yarran & Walker both play in defence?? Along with Simpson how much damage could they cause? All are creative, good ball users and would run any forward line ragged. Very hard to match up on.

Along with Jamo at FB, Henderson CHB and McInnes are third tall link player IMO that's a decent backline with great potential.

Release Tuohy onto wing or midfield where we need his size and kicking. I can also see him taking over Scotlands role dropping back and creating.

Nothing to say they can't just what MM seems to think with his selection at the moment.

I thin the side you suggest psych will be closer to reality towards the end of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Can't see it.
I have tipped them to win a couple of times now and been let down.

The result is for bragging rights only. I agree with the poster above who says our season is defined already. Disappointing.

Get Ratts back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:32 pm 
Bob Chitty

I originally thought that McInnes would need some time to get back but he has demonstrated sound form for a month and I think we need his calm head in the backline.
Hopefully:
Ins: McInnes, Murphy, Carrots
Outs: White, Boots (I have faith he will be good but not ready yet), Lucas (I've been hoping that he'd come good but have lost faith - he has a fundamentally flawed kicking technique meaning he's not good enough to be an outside player and he's not a strong enough tackler so can't play inside)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next