Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

R21: Brisbane Vs Carlton (Pre match discussion)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Leppa will be pretty excited for this I'd imagine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It will be a lock in.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

Brisbane are a basket case but they'll be up for it after their flogging this week.

Plus we have a day game in QLD which is our third interstate trip in four weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Out: Walker

In: Everitt

Not sure of any other changes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yuk.

Brisbane are shit but they have pace.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Humpers wrote:
Out: Walker

In: Everitt

Not sure of any other changes.

In : Whiley Jaksch

Out: Walker Kreuzer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:05 pm 
www.blueseum.org

Good recent record against us....

http://www.blueseum.org/Brisbane+Games+List

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Out:Walker, Graham.

In: Everitt, Whiley.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Clash of the Titans! We need to drop Cas and krooz and bring in some pace otherwise we'll be run off our legs. Robbo 3 votes?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:01 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

missnaut wrote:
Brisbane are a basket case but they'll be up for it after their flogging this week.

Plus we have a day game in QLD which is our third interstate trip in four weeks.

I can only count 3 weeks they've been up for it missnaut this year. I expect a win but I wonder what our lineup will be for it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:49 pm 
Bert Deacon

Play Smith, Rainbow, Jaksch, Jones, those we are looking through delist for final three weeks. Might be surprised with one or two that might lift. Not many deserve to keep there spots so wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:42 am 
Ken Hands

I don't see how we can play Casboult, Kreuzer and Phillips in the same side and expect to have any hope of matching other teams for pace and spread. Just too top heavy and slow.

Last three games for us but hopefully we can get something positive out of them. That sort of begs the question of trying some new things. If it were to me I'd be tempted to go for more pace at the expense of height and see how that goes.

Sure there are plenty of players that should arguably be delisted but we will only get so many picks that might be upgrades. I guess we'll know soon enough if the MC think it is worth giving the likes of Rainbow or Gowers one shot at the big time before they are delisted.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:49 am 
Ken Hands

Guessing - in: Murphy out: Walker

The flat effort against the Saints suggests it would be good to make a few other changes but not many players presenting in the twos. A few players now gone for the season and our poor depth has been exposed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:57 am 
Rod Ashman

Centenaryblue wrote:
I don't see how we can play Casboult, Kreuzer and Phillips in the same side and expect to have any hope of matching other teams for pace and spread. Just too top heavy and slow.

Last three games for us but hopefully we can get something positive out of them. That sort of begs the question of trying some new things. If it were to me I'd be tempted to go for more pace at the expense of height and see how that goes.

This is a good post.

But at least Kreuzer can tackle players after they have disposed of the ball. He creates a lot of grunt work, that adds up to nothing. That's a positive.

Pick the two of the three out of Phillips, Kreuzer and Casboult that are most likely to kick goals.

Casboult....13 goals as a key forward out of 16 games is lamentable, even if he is carrying 20 different injuries.
Kreuzer - 6 goals as a ruckman who spends a good portion of the season in the forward line- also lamentable.
Phillips - 4 goals in 9 matches - for a new player not as bad.

I watched Casboult closely in the Adelaide game (I didn't watch the St Kilda match) and he was really slow to make decisions and get there as well when deep in the forward line. Either play him as a ruck for Kreuzer or drop him, or drop both, or frankly just pick anyone.

I would bring Tutt in purely on the fact I saw him play when he was a junior player and he was a ball magnet. I don't watch enough footy these days to see how far off the pace he is now, but uite frankly, he couldn't do worse than about 16 of the players in this team...but then again?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:28 am 
Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:
Centenaryblue wrote:

This is a good post.

But at least Kreuzer can tackle players after they have disposed of the ball. He creates a lot of grunt work, that adds up to nothing. That's a positive.

Pick the two of the three out of Phillips, Kreuzer and Casboult that are most likely to kick goals.

Casboult....13 goals as a key forward out of 16 games is lamentable, even if he is carrying 20 different injuries.
Kreuzer - 6 goals as a ruckman who spends a good portion of the season in the forward line- also lamentable.
Phillips - 4 goals in 9 matches - for a new player not as bad.

I watched Casboult closely in the Adelaide game (I didn't watch the St Kilda match) and he was really slow to make decisions and get there as well when deep in the forward line. Either play him as a ruck for Kreuzer or drop him, or drop both, or frankly just pick anyone.

I would bring Tutt in purely on the fact I saw him play when he was a junior player and he was a ball magnet. I don't watch enough footy these days to see how far off the pace he is now, but uite frankly, he couldn't do worse than about 16 of the players in this team...but then again?

Phillips has 4 goals in 12 matches averages 6.9 disposals and he is 25yr old not an 18yr old kid which im sure some people think!! Yes still learning and maybe he might break out being the number 1 Ruck but Phillips has been fairly average for us.
as for Tutt please :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tap in 79 wrote:
Centenaryblue wrote:

The problem is the reverse polarity - he's shit at it.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 pm 
Horrie Clover

Out: Walker, Boekhorst, Graham, Buckley, Casboult
In: Everitt, Lamb, Sumner, Jaksch, Cunningham

Time to put a line through the outs and start to develop guys that will be on the list next year, except get some goals into Everitt for trade purposes :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Tongue wrote:
Out: Walker, Boekhorst, Graham, Buckley, Casboult
In: Everitt, Lamb, Sumner, Jaksch, Cunningham

Time to put a line through the outs and start to develop guys that will be on the list next year, except get some goals into Everitt for trade purposes :grin:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Centenaryblue wrote:

The problem is the reverse polarity - he's shit at it.

:wink:

oh well, there you go. I don't watch enough footy these days to be properly informed on this, so you are probably right. The last match I watched live was the Adelaide game.

And I think I watched one other match before their last victory.

Oh well, I am sure there are plenty of other great players in the reserve.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next