Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

when we have a total sweepout ... the skies will be bluer.
right now.. were shuffling things around to window dress.

thats all 'youse all ' need to know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

this thread title has had this song stuck in my head

[youtube]L1Xn-DWHuuM[/youtube]

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Useless as tits on a bull. Classic Synners. I'm pissing myself. It's funny cause it's true. I can't help but laugh at how sad it is that this is the case. Other than Bucks, Bell, Menzel, Temay, Mcinnes and Boots, the Carlton players yesterday were embarrassing and just made me sad. If we start copping some injuries it ain't going to be pretty.

My love for Geelong's drafting, development, list management and trading is approaching unhealthy levels. They didn't move heaven and earth to keep Gaz, they didn't want to overpay/lose players in order to satisfy one player, no matter how good he is. Now they have Smedts and Caddy to help in the future when Gaz will most likely be done and theyve one a flag since too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Could mm have cleaned the list out last year?
I think you will find most of the hacks and list cloggers were contracted

Post subject: Are blue skies ahead?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Michael Jezz wrote:

Exactly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

King Kenny wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:

Exactly

So not one person on the list could have been moved on?

Look. I don't know it just seemed a bit weird that nothing changed apart from the assistants.

I also found it strange that MM went to three rucks when I reckon that was pretty well shown as a lemon last year.

Anyway, I'm on board with MM, I think I've seen some improvement in the team this year and I'm hopeful that it turns into wins soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

Spot on. As I said previously MM's hands were tied due to some magnificent foresight by others at the club. How would he know the real state of the list when first got here. So he watched a few games last year. Big deal. How would he know the character of players until he became directly involved with them. We're 11 games in for flowers sake, give him a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

mots wrote:
Spot on. As I said previously MM's hands were tied due to some magnificent foresight by others at the club. How would he know the real state of the list when first got here. So he watched a few games last year. Big deal. How would he know the character of players until he became directly involved with them. We're 11 games in for !@#$%& sake, give him a chance.

Hey, I'm on board.

Just asking a question. Wasn't me slitting my wrists after the loss on Friday.

I see the improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:
King Kenny wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:

Exactly

Look. I don't know it just seemed a bit weird that nothing changed apart from the assistants.

I also found it strange that MM went to three rucks when I reckon that was pretty well shown as a lemon last year.

Anyway, I'm on board with MM, I think I've seen some improvement in the team this year and I'm hopeful that it turns into wins soon.

I agree, the fact that we've been in EVERY game we've played is a huge improvement. However I reckon we are 1 on-field leader away (capable of setting high standard of discipline) from reaching the next level.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 pm 
Bob Chitty

Your fine Cimm. I think we are both normally on the same page. I think there were players they wanted to move on but they were contracted and because of the lack of flexibility with our salary we were basically stuffed. There better be plenty of room to move this year or I will be pissed off.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:01 am 
Robert Walls

DenimUndies wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
King Kenny wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:

Exactly

I agree, the fact that we've been in EVERY game we've played is a huge improvement. However I reckon we are 1 on-field leader away (capable of setting high standard of discipline) from reaching the next level.

Agree with all this.
No losses by over 17 points is a big improvement in my opinion.

Just really hope we can maintain that this week and really take it up to the hawks

Post subject: Are blue skies ahead?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 am 
Serge Silvagni

And if we beat hawthorn ? what then synbad? You really will be scraping egg off then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

When has a player being in contract stopped a player being traded? Could argue it is the best time to trade them.

What's with the hands tied stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:27 am 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
When has a player being in contract stopped a player being traded? Could argue it is the best time to trade them.

Good point club.
At the very least free up some salary cup pressure and give them away for a third/fourth rounder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

Good point club.
At the very least free up some salary cup pressure and give them away for a third/fourth rounder.

the 10 we need to get rid of are not worth a 10nth rounder let alone a 3rd or fourth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

Good point club.

the 10 we need to get rid of are not worth a 10nth rounder let alone a 3rd or fourth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 am 
Rod Ashman

Trigger wrote:
redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

Good point club.

So they have nothing to do with us not improving?

Does that mean MM can take us deep into September with the other 30 on the list, or do we need to get of some of them also?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:21 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
Trigger wrote:
redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

Good point club.

Does that mean MM can take us deep into September with the other 30 on the list, or do we need to get of some of them also?

No he cannot, that is why a cleanout is needed and some high profiles on our list need to be traded, for picks or players with ticker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:38 am 
Rod Ashman

Trigger wrote:
redback wrote:
Trigger wrote:
redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

Good point club.

No he cannot, that is why a cleanout is needed and some high profiles on our list need to be traded, for picks or players with ticker

The bottom 10 no one wants and the high profile aren't good enough for MM to coach.
Ratts was better than I thought then taking this list to finals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:
The bottom 10 no one wants and the high profile aren't good enough for MM to coach.
Ratts was better than I thought then taking this list to finals.

:thanks:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next