Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hope he hasn't got a pregnant wife due any time before the Tiges game......or he decides he wants to try opening the batting.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 am 
Ken Hunter

Walker needs to stay forward with the occasional run through the middle. He does however need to learn to do the little bits and get back to basics again and not just look at the flashy bits.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I hope they do Cowgirl In The Sand.

oh, sorry. :oops:

I hope they win!!!!!!!

Just frikkin win!

Win..in the key of Win!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 am 
Geoff Southby

Based on the worst case scenerio that Robbo & Bell are suspended and Waite is unavailable, I predict -

Tuohy Jamo Laidler
Duigan Hendo Yarran
Simmo Judd Lucas
Gibbs Walker Garlett
Betts Casboult Hammer

Kreuzer Carrazzo Murphy

Inter: Armfield, Brock, White

Sub: Curnow/AJ

NB-
* Not a top 4 team on paper IMO. I think we'll have our work cut against a Richmond side that I'm fairly sure will make the 8 this year.
* Our backline has looked very unconvincing for most of the NAB Cup. Hendo's probably the most consistent of the 6 (although I thought Laidler ran into some form after a shaky start and was surprised he played VFL last weekend). Jamo started well but has looked vulnerable in the last 2 weeks as the tempo/pressure/intensity increased. Yarran's had quite a slow start and may need to be moved to a wing when Scotland returns.
* Hammer vs Warncok. I reckon Warnock will start the season in the VFL, but my best 22 team would have him as #1 ruck. I get the impression that MM is going to give Hammer the first crack at it early in the season and see how hungry Warnock really is in the early VFL games.
* Casboult vs Rowe. This is a tough one because Rowe hasn't done much wrong and looks promising. However, Casboult is probably better placed (in terms of fitness/touch) to get the opportunity in Rd 1. Not much in it though, IMO.
* Duigan - not convinced by his pre-season form, but I can't see MM dropping him now.
* Tuohy - see Duigan.
* Robbo's pre-season form has been a mixed bag, but we'll miss him if he gets rubbed out. Bell would have been the obvious replacement, but he's on VFL report. Cachia might be suddenly in the mix if picking on 'type' - not sure of Cachia's eligibility off the rookie list, he might need an LTI (McCarthy? Graham?). Didn't play NAB Cup, so unlikely to be rushed in I'd say.
* White gets a game as the 'swing man'. He's looked OK as a 3rd tall forward in the NAB Cup, and can go back if we need to mix things up (eg. push Hendo forward). Not a player I'd have in my best 22, but he could play a role for us (especially while Waite is out);
* Curnow vs AJ for the sub spot. This will come down to match ups I think. We might even see one of these guys in the starting 21 and either Garlett or Armfield as the sub. Ellard very unlucky to get injured when he did, otherwise he would be there instead of Curnow/AJ. By the way, Garlett didn't play AFL or VFL last week - was he simply rested, or is there an injury concern there?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:19 am 
Robert Walls

I believe he had leave to attend a funeral back home.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

HTP wrote:

OK. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 am 
formerly cj69

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walker needs to stay forward with the occasional run through the middle. He does however need to learn to do the little bits and get back to basics again and not just look at the flashy bits.

Walker is nearly 27. When is he going to get it?? Sometimes you have to say this is the best he is going to give us. He does not do the basics and team things well or consistently enough.

He needs to use his endurance and run, that is his strength. IMO that is on a back flank where he can sit on someone and then use his speed and endurance to run off them. I seriously believe that will make him a much more consistent player. He and Yarran running off HB will cause some damage.

He can push forward at times when needed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 am 
Stephen Silvagni

ThePsychologist wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Walker is nearly 27. When is he going to get it?? Sometimes you have to say this is the best he is going to give us. He does not do the basics and team things well or consistently enough.

He needs to use his endurance and run, that is his strength. IMO that is on a back flank where he can sit on someone and then use his speed and endurance to run off them. I seriously believe that will make him a much more consistent player. He and Yarran running off HB will cause some damage.

Walker is not a good decision maker IMO and playing him as a rebounder off HB will cause turnovers.
Yarrans getting dragged back to deep defence where he's ineffective. Needs to be playing link up through the middle and racking up effective inside 50's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Walker is not a good decision maker IMO and playing him as a rebounder off HB will cause turnovers.
Yarrans getting dragged back to deep defence where he's ineffective. Needs to be playing link up through the middle and racking up effective inside 50's

We need to get drive out of defense from somewhere. Gibbs is out. If Yaz goes too we are stuffed in that dept. We need to have two players with dash that can provide the drive.
That will make it hard for teams to counter with the drag a player back tactic.

If MM's plan is to kick long along the wings then i am sure Walker he can manage as the decision is made for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

club, I'm hoping Scotto, Hendo, Laids and Tuohy can be our drivers out of defence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm 
Robert Walls

Robbo available - no charges from the weekends round of matches - not sure if that includes VFL and Bell though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
club, I'm hoping Scotto, Hendo, Laids and Tuohy can be our drivers out of defence

But none of them have the penetration of Yaz and Gibbs. Cant imagine them being so dangerous the opposition drag them out of play and to me that says something. I noticed Simpson spending a bit of time back. That would be a good start I reckon Rexy but we will lose his gut running from elsewhere.

Yaz is looking a bit out of touch in general. Would not be suprised if he is overlooked for selection. I doubt this will happen but it wouldnt suprise me if it did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Know this sounds arrogant but wouldn’t surprise me if Yarran flicked the switch & had a blinder against Richmond, just seems that type of player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Know this sounds arrogant but wouldn’t surprise me if Yarran flicked the switch & had a blinder against Richmond, just seems that type of player.

He certainly hasn't looked like he's taken any of the NAB Cup games seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

B. Tuohy Jamison Bootsma
HB. Laidler Henderson Duigan
C. Yarran Judd Gibbs
HF. Garlett Bell Lucas
F. Armfield Casboult Betts

R. Kreuzer Carrazzo Murphy

I. McLean Simpson Robinson Walker

looking forward to Menzel, Graham & Rowe's first game down the track too.
Tuohy - please don't give away any ticky-touchwood high free kicks please.
Casboult - back up 2nd ruckman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 pm 
formerly cj69

B: Tuohy Jamison Laidler
HB: Walker Rowe Lucas

C: Simpson McLean Yarran
Foll: Kruezer Judd Murphy

HF: Garlett Henderson Gibbs
F: Betts Casboult White

Int: Robinson Carrazzo Armfield (Bell)

Need to be smarter up forward. Henderson & White are smarter movers who will enjoy the space of MCG. Casboult the big target deep.
Rowe in defence on Vickery. Flexibility to swap he and White if needed.
ONE Ruckman being Kruezer
Bell needs to play
Ive gone for Yarran on a wing and Lucas as a running HBF. I believe he and Walker can really provide consistent run and put pressure on Tiger forwards.
Jamison on Reiwoldt and Laidler on Edwards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Only the fourth time you've posted your team, Psych. I'm not quite sure yet who you reckon will be in?

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

On the weekly Carlton Access Video, Mick said that Bucks (yes Buckley :) ), Bell, Laidler, Warnock + maybe some others are in contention for a round 1 spot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

TEAMS FROM ROUND 18 2012

CARLTON
B: Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Aaron Joseph
HB: Christopher Yarran, Bret Thornton, Heath Scotland
C: Kane Lucas, Andrew Carrazzo, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Andrew Collins, Andrew McInnes, Frazer Dale
F: Jeffrey Garlett, Levi Casboult, Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Brock McLean
I/C: Dennis Armfield, Marcus Davies, Edward Curnow, Tom Bell

RICHMOND
B: Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Chris Newman
HB: Bachar Houli, Kelvin Moore, Matt Dea
C: Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio
HF: Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson
F: Luke McGuane, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas
Foll: Ivan Maric, Reece Conca, Shane Tuck
I/C: Jake King, Jayden Post, Brandon Ellis, Addam Maric

This is the match we won with the late goal from McLean with less than a minute to go.
At a quick glance we were missing the following key players:
- Judd, Simpson, Walker, Henderson, Robinson, Laidler (assuming he's picked for Rd 1).
In addition the likes of Kreuzer and Jamo probably weren't close to full fitness.
On the other hand the Tigers didn't appear to be missing too many players.

I know Richmond have recruited well and are improving however based on this comparison we should be too strong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

HTP wrote:

I heard the same thing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next