Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

So it's Father's Day and my 7 year old daughter suggests that she wants to attend her first match EVER as a gift to me.
OK I think, seasons over nice weather expected, I will be as calm as a cucumber, it's going to be a "celebration of Ratten", carnival atmosphere.... WHY NOT.

I knew fate wasn't going to be good when Ticketmaster would not allow me to purchase a AFL member and junior guest pass (allocation exhausted) and so I ended up forking out $45 for the two of us on level 1.

We get to the game and find that our seats are in the middle of the flowering St Kilda Cheer Squad. Bogans to the right of me, Morons to the left, thugs behind and ferals in front. Oh well, I thought, a couple of early goals will quieter them. No such luck, got louder and louder, climaxing when Armitage kicked the goal to take the lead.

I could have chosen to do anything on Father's Day but instead tortured myself by watch a bunch of selfish players already on the plane to Vegas. I would think that if you have a 9 point lead with 8 minutes to go in the SEASON, you would have a go. But the cue was in the rack and it was one way traffic until the siren. Seriously, I am seeing more G&D and will to win on ABC TV coverage of the Paralympics than these so called, elite sportsman. Great when things are going your way like Collingwood and one Essendon* game this year but when we need to dig deep, we are just scratching the surface. We saw it last week when we had EVERYTHING to play for and we saw it today when we just had pride and the jumper. These guys play like they're entitled, they don't care about the jumper.

Other than Waite and McLean who were very good all day, no one really put in four quarters. Walker tried hard and probably won the fight in the end but not the game. Seeing Eddie and Jeff missing easy goals and then Armatige, Milera and Wilkes kicking monsters was analogous to the season. I think we sacked the wrong coach... Barker has brought nothing to our forwards structure or kicking skills.

Disappointing Fathers Day, disappointing season.

Twinone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 pm 
Bruce Comben

Football's not everything. Sure the boys played like crap and I agree with everything you said about them but you got to spend time with your daughter who obviously shows the same passion for the game as you do. IMO you couldn't ask for more than that. Enjoy your Father's Day just like the rest of us dad's did.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

At least two men down on the rotations Twin ... we were always likely to run out of steam
towards the end.

Like your description of the St.Kilda cheer squad. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Why did you stay sitting there?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Nah, today was alright....

...Father's Day 2010 on the other hand....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm 
Bruce Comben

Quite useful information on sending flowers for Father’s Day. I am planning to send flowers for my father on his birthday and looking to hire reputed Flower Delivery service. Hope to find reputed and right florist who can deliver fresh flowers in time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What the @#$%&!? How does a spam bot get registered but super funny alias get pogoed?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

well,
that is just plain weird.
I mean..it's along way from here to san fran....nicelooking site, and flowers vorstel,
and great stealth advertising ..
but...we are in australia here..
so...you know...
probs won't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

I reckon it's tommi as an alter ego.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

Who is.....?.....Bluegirl72........?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm