Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:59 am 
Robert Walls

molsey wrote:
BlueTerritory wrote:
How good is his fisting???? : )

:shock: - maybe a different nickname would be better Molsey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:17 am 
Craig Bradley

how good was our forward line at the start of the game

Campo - Lance - Morell
Lappin - Fevola - Chambers

some serious talent in that forward line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:38 am 
Geoff Southby

Blue Bird wrote:
molsey wrote:
BlueTerritory wrote:

Nah, I like it. Imagine that being called out with each defensive play..."FIST"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ponkstar wrote:
Cory McGrath's form is a real bonus. He has proven quite effective at the centre bounces and his delivery is excellent. If Cory can get 15-20 touches + 2-3 tackles a game he will be a very valuable asset.

We no longer look slow and clumsy. That's a positive too.

Which is why I was puzzled why he spent a lot of time on the bench especially in the 2nd quarter - because we struggled to get the ball out of the centre when he wasn't in there. :? Out of all the players we recruited last year - McGrath will more than make up for some of the 'duds' like Mott/Kenna etc we picked up.

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:52 am 
Ken Hunter

One positive that I would like to add is that we are winning without Koutoufides :D and minimum input from his understudy in Waite. :P

It's just the beginning but boy it feels good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Massive positive for me is that 21 goals were kicked! When was the last time we kicked that many in a game? Also very pleasing to see that whilst Fev dominated with 6 goals - he didn't have to be the main focal point. We have options up forward now, and that is proven by the fact that there were 10 other goal scorers besides Fev!!

Carrazo - four or five center clearances - looked reasonably comfortable for someone that normally plays in the backline!

Chambers - didn't know he could play as a tagger - but clearly HE CAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:54 am 
Rod Ashman

molsey wrote:

Well, a career in the adult film industry beckons if AFL doesn't work out... :shock:

Nothing wrong with being a good fister... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think the biggest positive on the night was some of the passages shown by Carrazzo. I posted this elsewhere, but he will follow a similar path to Rats the way he is going. He's deceptively quick and has great composure.

Negative, Norman. He looks like he'd rather be elsewhere at the moment. How does he look at training. Does he appear disinterested there as well? I will be very disappointed if he doesn't push on. He definitely has the attributes to make it at AFL level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:01 am 
Geoff Southby

hmmm, i expected some carrazzo positives to be mentioned here but i think some of this is a bit uncalled for. carrazzo missed 3 passes in a row in his first few possessions; i was killing the bean bag i was sitting in with punches. granted, last quarter was very good.

p.s. i know this is very un-carlton of me to post a negative as we approach a grand final

pps i wonder if carrots will have to play BP this week though; sampi may call for carrots to go back given his good performances on davey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Horses for courses Molsey.
Carrazzo will never have the skills of Stevens but his creative skills are first rate.
His ability to win clearances out of the centre was exceptional.
I dont mind if he kicks a 30 metre grubber out of the middle.
As long as its going our way, the opposition dont have it.

His ability to create an option is excellent as well.
When we recieve a mark or free kick and play comes to a stop, Carrazzo often provides a running option to break up the play so we arent kicking to contests.
The skills of reading the play and creating a viable option is the best skill of all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:33 am 
Geoff Southby

good to know that Carrots is a horse; must make him popular with some of the fans.

Yeah, I know all that BV, I really do. not many fans out there realise that he's a midfielder playing BP because our list requires it; not the other way around. but as a midfielder his kicking is at times poor. he seems to go through phases; in the VFL last year he had a few games where he was 100% effective, man he was good. And then there's others where he dribbles it around. hot / cold syndrome.

perhaps in the new pagan empire some of these guys are OK; wiggins, carrots as ball-winners who put their balls on the line a hell of a lot of the time. while we're winning of course its ok, its just when they give up a goal that we'll all complain. perhaps as we recover from draft pick losses such players will naturally fall away, i'm not sure.

from my perspective, we should be mindful of the downsides while showering with praise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:57 am 
Bert Deacon

Blue Bird wrote:
molsey wrote:
BlueTerritory wrote:

LOL! :roll: Agreed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:59 am 
Geoff Southby

ok.... if you dont like the fist.... what else can I say... well, its a clenched fist...

THE CLENCH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:07 pm 
Bert Deacon

molsey wrote:
ok.... if you dont like the fist.... what else can I say... well, its a clenched fist...

THE CLENCH!

If his performances keep up, I like "The Rock". His performances have been solid.

If we are to use the Rock analogy then his performances that were Sandstone are becoming something a lot tougher. Still not granite though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

So many positives for me.
The main positives were the the perfomances of the "whipping boys".
Yes I've been doubtful of the futures of Simmo, Livo, Davies, Carrazzo, Wiggo but over the last few weeks these players have SHOWN SOMETHING at senior level that gives me hope that they might have a good future with the blues.
As each days passes the more respect and admiration I have for Dennis Pagan grows. What a master coach he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Being saying for a while that Lappin has to play forward and is in all aus form. Deluca gives us another target and stretches opposing defenses with his height...
Liked Kade Simpson as well...nice left foot kick and a stylish player who knows what he is doing when he gets the footy.....
Livo....one of his best games....timing was good, and got to most contests.
Thought French did well and a bit of a pat on the back for Davies who did well when he came on the ground..
We have a problem in the ruck when French isnt rucking..prenda is ok around the ground in general play but we lose soemthing when Frech isnt on the ball and the opposing rucks take over....wouldnt want to see prenda rucking for too long this week especially with West Coast having some decent talls...all in all a very good game from every Carlton player and Pagan should be very happy...

Post subject: Re: #10: Harry McKay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Stone Free wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Nextgeneration wrote:
Really like Harry as a long term prospect but anyone who thinks he will take Levi's place in the team this season (or maybe even next) is dreaming

I agree. I hope he plays footy in the firsts but his JLT series was underwhelming.
He needs to do better to get a guernsey at the moment but I am sure his time will come.

Didn't he give Levi a chop out in the ruck in JLT2 once Kruze went down? Considering that, I don't think he did too bad.

He has shown nothing, zilch.I am still waiting for some kind of sign that he will make anything that reesembles a n afl player. I hope i am wrong!!

Post subject: Re: Positives
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Where am I?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Relax Sue, everything is very normal, nothing to see here, it's going to be just fine. Now come with me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
Where am I?

In the Tardus?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 pm 
John Nicholls

Beantown wrote:
The positive for me was Kade Simpson. A few of the glimpses he showed make me think he's going to be worth the wait.

This is the best thing from this thread. 13 years later...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next