Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
verbs wrote:
Malthouse doesn’t want the rules changed for women or men. He said he doesn’t like women playing footy.


The interview I heard was him saying he doesn't like it ion its current format. He says there should be some rule changes that address the injury issue.

#Istandwithmick on this one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Posts: 4597
The women go in hard... way more than the men imo... it's what I admire about AFLW and makes the game very watchable.

But the health concerns associated have to be taken seriously... it's just a shame that in today's social climate, whether the message is either taken on board or is lost, is dependent on the messenger.

_________________
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 44735
Location: Canberra
sinbagger wrote:
So men aren’t allowed to have any opinions about women?


Of course they are, but we're talking systemic and generational issues here, well beyond the Malthouse–Hope stuff, and in many cases it's not that men hold opinions on women's issues, it's that they're often held at the expense of all others and assume they know best and that any counter opinions are wrong.

I'm not saying Hope acted in the best or most appropriate manner, but just look at the gender profiling that's taken place in recent comments. Malthouse, hitherto slandered and dismissed by pretty much all of us on this site, has been suddenly elevated to expert on women's footy who's every word is accepted, while Hope has been dismissed pretty much universally and her opinion not accepted.

Neither Malthouse nor Hope has acted perfectly, but only one is being listened to. Some of that may be because of the way Hope reacted etc, and some of that criticism directed towards her behaviour may be warranted. However, as the only AFLW player involved in the discussion, Hope deserves to be heard.

It's difficult to discuss stuff like this because the specifics of the issue at hand get caught up in the much, much broader issue of gender imbalance. But why that bigger picture issue matters is that Hope has probably been told countless times by men why AFLW is crap, or why women should do this or that. That's after probably being laughed at when she was a kid if she said she wanted to play footy. And so it goes.

Anyway, I should have learnt by now it's not really worth trying to add a counter point to topics such as this. C'est la vie.

:beer:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
camelboy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
So men aren’t allowed to have any opinions about women?


Of course they are, but we're talking systemic and generational issues here, well beyond the Malthouse–Hope stuff, and in many cases it's not that men hold opinions on women's issues, it's that they're often held at the expense of all others and assume they know best and that any counter opinions are wrong.

I'm not saying Hope acted in the best or most appropriate manner, but just look at the gender profiling that's taken place in recent comments. Malthouse, hitherto slandered and dismissed by pretty much all of us on this site, has been suddenly elevated to expert on women's footy who's every word is accepted, while Hope has been dismissed pretty much universally and her opinion not accepted.

Neither Malthouse nor Hope has acted perfectly, but only one is being listened to. Some of that may be because of the way Hope reacted etc, and some of that criticism directed towards her behaviour may be warranted. However, as the only AFLW player involved in the discussion, Hope deserves to be heard.

It's difficult to discuss stuff like this because the specifics of the issue at hand get caught up in the much, much broader issue of gender imbalance. But why that bigger picture issue matters is that Hope has probably been told countless times by men why AFLW is crap, or why women should do this or that. That's after probably being laughed at when she was a kid if she said she wanted to play footy. And so it goes.

Anyway, I should have learnt by now it's not really worth trying to add a counter point to topics such as this. C'est la vie.

:beer:


I'm happy to hear your counter point and I'm sure the audience at the lunch would've loved to hear Mo's counter points also. I respect her opinions, but we don't all have to agree. And it's hard to have a conversation with someone who runs out and slams you on Insta to her 10,000 followers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


www.google.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


http://www.google.com


You’re the one who said he suggested rule changes for women. Either you made it up or can detail his “improvements” due to his conern for the welfare of women playing AFL.

It’s not difficult.

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
Sakc Mikc

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Last edited by verbs on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 2265
Location: Singapore
camelboy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
So men aren’t allowed to have any opinions about women?


Of course they are, but we're talking systemic and generational issues here, well beyond the Malthouse–Hope stuff, and in many cases it's not that men hold opinions on women's issues, it's that they're often held at the expense of all others and assume they know best and that any counter opinions are wrong.

I'm not saying Hope acted in the best or most appropriate manner, but just look at the gender profiling that's taken place in recent comments. Malthouse, hitherto slandered and dismissed by pretty much all of us on this site, has been suddenly elevated to expert on women's footy who's every word is accepted, while Hope has been dismissed pretty much universally and her opinion not accepted.

Neither Malthouse nor Hope has acted perfectly, but only one is being listened to. Some of that may be because of the way Hope reacted etc, and some of that criticism directed towards her behaviour may be warranted. However, as the only AFLW player involved in the discussion, Hope deserves to be heard.

It's difficult to discuss stuff like this because the specifics of the issue at hand get caught up in the much, much broader issue of gender imbalance. But why that bigger picture issue matters is that Hope has probably been told countless times by men why AFLW is crap, or why women should do this or that. That's after probably being laughed at when she was a kid if she said she wanted to play footy. And so it goes.

Anyway, I should have learnt by now it's not really worth trying to add a counter point to topics such as this. C'est la vie.

:beer:


I think the problem is she had no opinion on what MM said, except that it was apparently all wrong and sexist.

You gain respect by arguing your point of view respectfully and logically. Not by doing a dummy spit.

Maybe MM was completely wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me. But Hope never even tried.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 41816
Location: SAKC !!
Cos she had......no hope.

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

I'm bad and that's good, I'll never be good and that's not bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2371
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


He may well be a dinosaur but the bottom line is that for many of us to immediately challenge Mick's 'wrongfulness' just because Mo stormed out devalues Mo's credibility when she is talking to girls in schools about being empowered to have a voice, follow their dreams and challenge the status quo.

Sadly, and this is not my opinion but more an observation, Mo's emotional exit, posting on instagram and avoiding the issue the next day at a footy clinic does nothing but feed the stereotype that some men may have about women/emotions etc.

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
I don't think it's a female thing - just an generation/upbringing issue. They weren't taught how to be emotionally resilient and can't deal when someone disagrees with them.

I blame universities for not preparing them for the realities of life :razz: . She thinks she's a trailblazing rebel, but in reality, when she behaves like that, she's just a dumb simpleton who's been exposed.

But Hope will get enough support from other 'victims' to think she's right and also a victim of maleness.

And so the great divide continues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
99prelim wrote:
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


He may well be a dinosaur but the bottom line is that for many of us to immediately challenge Mick's 'wrongfulness' just because Mo stormed out devalues Mo's credibility when she is talking to girls in schools about being empowered to have a voice, follow their dreams and challenge the status quo.

Sadly, and this is not my opinion but more an observation, Mo's emotional exit, posting on instagram and avoiding the issue the next day at a footy clinic does nothing but feed the stereotype that some men may have about women/emotions etc.


Regardless of how one person reacted, what does it say about the codger saying he doesn’t like women playing footy during that forum? He’s entitled to his opinion for sure but where’s the tact?

It would be good to hear what he actually said at the function but what he’s said subsequently proves we made a monumental blunder appointing him. He’s set us back so far it’s not too far fetched to think perhaps it was a Collingwood ruse all along.

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Posts: 4597
Caroline Wilson does the victim act from time to time but she came out in support MM today...

_________________
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27033
Location: *Currently banned*
That’s a good reason to despise Malthouse even more.

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Posts: 4597
:lol:

_________________
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13108
99prelim wrote:
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


He may well be a dinosaur but the bottom line is that for many of us to immediately challenge Mick's 'wrongfulness' just because Mo stormed out devalues Mo's credibility


Just like you're incorrectly judging other posters by suggesting they're making judgements based on Mo Hope storming out. :?
I read what he said and thought his comments were bigoted and outdated. Mick has a history of lying and deflecting to save his own arse. This is quite possibly another case of the same.

_________________
I still enjoy footy, just not as much as I did before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25575
Location: The Brown Wedge
verbs wrote:
99prelim wrote:
verbs wrote:
The Duke wrote:
verbs wrote:
What rule changes for the women did he suggest?


That would've been a really good question for Mo to ask Mick - but she was crying in the carpark posting shit on Instagram because someone said something she didn't agree with.

:lol:


So did he say in a just general senses that there should be rule changes without going into details?

He hates rule changes and hates Women playing his sport.

He’s a dinosaur. One who we stupidly got sucked into his warped 1950s thinking.


He may well be a dinosaur but the bottom line is that for many of us to immediately challenge Mick's 'wrongfulness' just because Mo stormed out devalues Mo's credibility when she is talking to girls in schools about being empowered to have a voice, follow their dreams and challenge the status quo.

Sadly, and this is not my opinion but more an observation, Mo's emotional exit, posting on instagram and avoiding the issue the next day at a footy clinic does nothing but feed the stereotype that some men may have about women/emotions etc.


Regardless of how one person reacted, what does it say about the codger saying he doesn’t like women playing footy during that forum? He’s entitled to his opinion for sure but where’s the tact?

It would be good to hear what he actually said at the function but what he’s said subsequently proves we made a monumental blunder appointing him. He’s set us back so far it’s not too far fetched to think perhaps it was a Collingwood ruse all along.


Can you actually give me the quote where he says "I don't like women playing football"? Or are you just guessing. And what has he actually said since that is so 'disgusting'.

Forget the MM that coached the CFC, he's gone. I want to know what was said that was so offensive. Not what people thought he said, not what people think he meant, just what he said.

Because I can't find the offending comments.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group