Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Who are the other untried candidates we should be interviewing : Scott Burns, Nathan Bassett, Just think it's a massive call to give these guys a go on the back of an impressive powerpoint show. Clarkson and Lyon at the Saints were against the odds but both were Premiership assistant coaches.
Alan Richardson has been largely 'less regarded' at Essendon* and Carlton basically since being away from Mick.
I don't think any of the current assistants leaving would be considered to have ripped up trees considering our season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Give me a break - Think I might move overseas for the next 3 years until Mick is sacked

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... z262eITM9Q

MM Show is coming to town

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Give me a break - Think I might move overseas for the next 3 years until Mick is sacked

Quote:
Malthouse says that most fans are positive about his potential move.
"The football people in general … There has been no negativity from any supporter all saying 'all the best hope everything works out and good luck to you'. It's quite pleasant, it's constant.”

The old dog still has some new tricks to learn....he hasn't met TC yet. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mrs Caz wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Quote:
Malthouse says that most fans are positive about his potential move.
"The football people in general … There has been no negativity from any supporter all saying 'all the best hope everything works out and good luck to you'. It's quite pleasant, it's constant.”

The old dog still has some new tricks to learn....he hasn't met TC yet. :lol:

Maybe we could sponsor him that way he will disappear quicker :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bookie wrote:
Alan Richardson has been largely 'less regarded' at Essendon* and Carlton basically since being away from Mick.

Away from Mick? :lol:
Richardsons role at Collingwood was heading up their academy. Collingwood offered him a healthy contract extention because he was doing a fantastic job however he wanted an assistant coaches role. Thats why he took up the Bombers offer. (Contrary to Malthouses bullshit ramblings)
At Essendon* he was again highly rated, hence Carlton offering him the senior assistants role.

Sorry but to suggest Richardsons success or failure hinged on Malthouse is nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Richardson actually came under notice at the Bulldogs as an assistant coach, Malthouse lured him to Collingwood as development manager.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm 
Robert Walls

Can we please change the name of this thread to the: I TOLD YOU SO!!! Thread

I told you Ratts would fail
I'm telling you Mick will fail
Everything will fail

Get in now and have it logged for posterity!

Come Wednesday, we need to just get on with it.

Just win, Micky!

:fight: :fight: :fight:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Richardsons role at Collingwood was heading up their academy. Collingwood offered him a healthy contract extention because he was doing a fantastic job however he wanted an assistant coaches role. Thats why he took up the Bombers offer. (Contrary to Malthouses bullshit ramblings)
At Essendon* he was again highly rated, hence Carlton offering him the senior assistants role.

Sorry but to suggest Richardsons success or failure hinged on Malthouse is nonsense.

Just saying he never got a look in at Essendon* or us where he was working or vacant Melbourne, Adelaide, bulldogs or saints jobs, not even mentioned for current Port role. Maybe he should stick to academy jobs cause he's just another assistant under the ill fated Knights and Ratten. You might even suspect he was lucky to be at the Pies when they had all going for them.
Who would you give it to BV if not M.M?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bookie wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Just saying he never got a look in at Essendon* or us where he was working or vacant Melbourne, Adelaide, bulldogs or saints jobs, not even mentioned for current Port role. Maybe he should stick to academy jobs cause he's just another assistant under the ill fated Knights and Ratten. You might even suspect he was lucky to be at the Pies when they had all going for them.
Who would you give it to BV if not M.M?

Its not about the personalities Bookies, its about the process. (as much as I think Malthouse is a very average human being :grin: )
How would we know who is the best candidate? We've just used the same failed process used to appoint Ratten. Uninformed people on the board making decisions about things they know nothing about. Stupid old school Carlton ways.
Could Scott Burns be a fantastic coach? Or Leigh Tudor?
How the @#$%&! would we know?
The board gave it to Malthouse because its easy and its safer. If it fails, theres less pressure on them because they appointed a safer candidate.
Clowns

Last edited by Blue Vain on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm 
Rod McGregor

I don't understand why people dont want mm. The process that large organisations to get a successor is ongoing. They know who the best are and they go get them. We have done this. We just needed to be sure where his head is at.

Welcome Micky !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

Would've been nice if, for once, we could've been a bit "cooler" about things.

The only other senior coaching position available was Port Adelaide. Did we really have offer so much $$$$$ so early???? Reminds me of the Brock Maclean trade. I'd be very confident, with hindsight, that we could've got him for less than a #11 pick if we'd just held our nerve and waited a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mick's head was, is and will always be up his own arse.

But if he can win us a flag in the dark then so be it.

Kinda like when George Graham went off and managed spurs...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

thehulk wrote:
I don't understand why people dont want mm. The process that large organisations to get a successor is ongoing. They know who the best are and they go get them. We have done this. We just needed to be sure where his head is at.

Welcome Micky !

If he's the best, why was he sacked from his last job? Why arent there other clubs beating down his door?
Maybe they're not as smart as us hey? Or maybe the jokes on us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm 
Rod McGregor

He wants to stay in vic- only one role in vic, macguire had to make his girlfriend coach, he wasn't going to coach this year

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
thehulk wrote:

Welcome Micky !

If he's the best, why was he sacked from his last job? Why arent there other clubs beating down his door?
Maybe they're not as smart as us hey? Or maybe the jokes on us.

If Collingwood are such geniuses why didn't they have an open "process" to find their new coach?

Or maybe they're thick as two planks and they just moved on a coach who might have won them another flag last year if it wasn't for their closed "process" that undermined him.

I honestly have no idea how Malthouse will go at Carlton but the extent of the negative reaction of some in here is absurd.

If you want a "process" then we need to get rid of the board because they struggle to run a chook raffle but if they stay then I'll take the Malthouse appointment over any sort of "process" they're likely to arrange.

It may not be perfect but I'd prefer to give the guy a go before pulling a knife on him.

The board's had a go so I'm happy to see the knives come out for them.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
Mick's head was, is and will always be up his own arse.

But if he can win us a flag in the dark then so be it.

Kinda like when George Graham went off and managed spurs...

Ok, I'll google your reference later, but yeah..I kind of agree with your post.
If we want to continue being supporters, and enjoy another season of watching our team, I guess we try and make the best of it. We hope that despite him being a dick, and..what you said, that he gets the best out of our players. There's nothing we can do about the board, or assistant coaches right now. We don't get a say.
If we eventually get to vote again, then we can hope our votes get us closer to being a great club again.
I can't see why MM had to say anything about the coaches that are moving on, or being moved on. He would have had a say in it, or caused maybe some of it, so why lie more when you don't need to?
Hopefully, we come out next year, and have a killer season.
We need to put 2012 behind us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:
If you want a "process" then we need to get rid of the board because they struggle to run a chook raffle

Hey, you're preaching to the converted here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm going to have to like him.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
GWS wrote:
If you want a "process" then we need to get rid of the board because they struggle to run a chook raffle

Hey, you're preaching to the converted here.

I know which is why I don't really see the point in getting too worked up about Malthouse at this stage.

There isn't a person on this board who wouldn't love a shot at coaching Carlton (and a million bucks to do so) and I don't blame him for wanting the job so I'm not going to crap on the guy before he's given it his best shot just like I did with Pagan and Ratten.

There's plenty of time for character assassination but it's always nice to be welcoming at the beginning.

Manners are important.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

And he might be a cauliflower but he's our cauliflower now! :lol:

Mort Sahl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109  Next