Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:44 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Stamos wrote:
The Rhino wrote:
An option of next year.

I don't think that's right.

As far as I am aware next year was optional (performance based)..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm 
formerly King Kenny

4 pages already

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

murraycray wrote:
Aren't we forgetting one thing ? Malthouse has stated more than once he will NOT go to a club that sacks their coach to accommodate him.

So for Mick to join Carlton, wouldn't that require Ratts to fall on his sword and resign ?

Stranger things have happened, but if Ratts decides to tough it out and ultimately be sacked, then Mick won't coach Carlton !!!

Source ? Michael Malthouse !!!!!!!

Could have sworn John Todd was sacked from the Eagles when he went to coach them over 20 years ago now. :screwy:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dominator7 wrote:
My 2 cents worth
We need an experienced coach who's role will include setting up with mckay the whole football dept.

That to me is the interesting/exciting part. Discussions of Ling as a possible midfield coach for example.
I think McKay will really grow in his role.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Talk of money is interesting. I don' t know the fine print of Ratts contract, but I thought it was 2 yr extension. The other thing is that a new coach needs to be able to bring in his own team. What contracts do our assistants have? Will they all need to be paid out? For the club servicing the biggest debt in the AFL, we 'd need to get it all right and get a flag in the next few years or we might end up facing ruin as we did in 2002. We are no financial powerhouse these days. Any talk of a challenge to Sticks?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 pm 
formerly King Kenny

gerry atric wrote:
Talk of money is interesting. I don' t know the fine print of Ratts contract, but I thought it was 2 yr extension. The other thing is that a new coach needs to be able to bring in his own team. What contracts do our assistants have? Will they all need to be paid out? For the club servicing the biggest debt in the AFL, we 'd need to get it all right and get a flag in the next few years or we might end up facing ruin as we did in 2002. We are no financial powerhouse these days. Any talk of a challenge to Sticks?

We have pokes Gerry, what debt are you talking about ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Appointing MM would be the usual 'quick fix', go the chequebook, little thought. Evident of a club yet to realise this is now the AFL and not the VFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 pm 
Bruce Comben

cimm1979 wrote:
Chocco and Bomber probably.

Please not Choco. It took Port Adelaide three years to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Appointing MM would be the usual 'quick fix', go the chequebook, little thought. Evident of a club yet to realise this is now the AFL and not the VFL.

:clap: We were the best in the VFL but average now in the AFL, the scene has changed and we still seem to adopt our 1980's approach.

How about a full review, invite people from the outside to participate. Ling would be one of the first we should get involved.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Ling? Pass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 am 
Horrie Clover

@ a

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mick said he won't coach a club that sacks their coach mid season. Not a coach sacked post season.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:53 am 
Garry Crane

I would like to see Mick at Carlton, even if he only coaches for one contract of three years.

Looking toward the future, it may be a fantastic thing for the younger players in the group (those who have been contracted for 2 years or less or played only a handful of games). They roll in for 2013 pre-season training and suddenly there is MM, grouchy and telling blokes to pull their heads in, stop tweeting bullshit, get a proper haircut, concentrate on what they are getting paid for and stamping his authority all over the game plan and the team!

Even if MM is only there for 3 years, the next coach who comes in will be the benefactor of a group of players who will be that little bit more professional.

I only hope Cloke doesnt follow him into a Navy Blue blazer...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Is there any scope/ chance that Ratts could work beside MM? Similar to Buckley's role at collingwood under MM?

Get the recruiting, fitness and game plan tweaked, and then have Ratten take back over after a 2 year deal?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
Is there any scope/ chance that Ratts could work beside MM? Similar to Buckley's role at collingwood under MM?

Get the recruiting, fitness and game plan tweaked, and then have Ratten take back over after a 2 year deal?

No way...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Well, if ratten keeps winning he's our coach next year. Count on it.

Sticks is looking for every reason to keep him, and Ratts is giving him plenty.

Ratten has outcoached his opposite 2 weeks in a row. Made adjustments on the fly, made the right matchups and importantly has the guys playing for him.

He'll be hard to turf if that stays the same.

fwiw, I reckon all Ratten needs is a mentor to help with off field stuff and game day strategies & prep. He bleeds blue, and whoever comes in to replace him, won't be bleeding blue like Ratts does.

Ratten is slowly creating a culture here where everyone who puts on the guernsey is bleeding blue too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
Well, if ratten keeps winning he's our coach next year. Count on it.

Sticks is looking for every reason to keep him, and Ratts is giving him plenty.

Ratten has outcoached his opposite 2 weeks in a row. Made adjustments on the fly, made the right matchups and importantly has the guys playing for him.

He'll be hard to turf if that stays the same.

fwiw, I reckon all Ratten needs is a mentor to help with off field stuff and game day strategies & prep. He bleeds blue, and whoever comes in to replace him, won't be bleeding blue like Ratts does.

Ratten is slowly creating a culture here where everyone who puts on the guernsey is bleeding blue too.

gone......

and no way......

Bleeding blue doesnt make you a good coach....
Leigh Matherws didnt bleed Lions
Bomber Thompson didnt bleed Cats
Clarkson didnt bleed Hawks
MM didnt bleed Collingwood.

Thats the thing about the good coachs.. theyre paid to have the brains and know how to win flags...not barrack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I hope ratts keeps winning and getting the boys to lift.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
I hope ratts keeps winning and getting the boys to lift.

Me too... but he wont be there next year....

Different to getting the players not to lift like most of this year....

See effort is not able injuries is it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
hopefully this one goes a bit better

I agree. We don't want any mods telling someone his head is so far up his arse that he can't see what a great poster someone is, do we???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109  Next