Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 am 
formerly Fevola

I hope we dont get Eade. His game plan will bore the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 am 
Harry Vallence

Posted this on the Travis Cloke thread in talking recruiting. Greg Denham is on radio with KB discussing Cloke ( he said he thinks will go to Carlton). When asked who would be coaching Cloke he replied Malthouse. Said he no inside info.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 am 
Harry Vallence

Joffa has just tweeted, "So I am told he will be a blue next season..signed and done!Dont slam the door on the way out."

Please tell me its not true

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am 
Robert Walls

MarkNo3 wrote:
Joffa has just tweeted, "So I am told he will be a blue next season..signed and done!Dont slam the door on the way out."

Please tell me its not true

It's not true.

Feel better? :grin: :grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Ok so a couple of posters took the option for a week ban.

Let me make it clear, cut out the personal attacks, cross posting and circular arguments. That goes forum wide, not just this thread.

If you have concerns or questions about this please send me a pm. Don't raise it in here.

Thank-you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am 
Geoff Southby

Our club loves a quick fix, so I'd be absolutely amazed if MM wasn't being single-mindedly pursued by Sticks and Co.

It also wouldn't surprise me if this started quite some time ago, about the time Travis Cloke started making impossible demands of Collingwood.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but it seems like Cloke has done everything he can to make it impossible for Collingwood to re-sign him. There's a fair chance he wants to play under MM, and is happy for talks to stall in order to make a free agency shift to a MM-coached Carlton a possibility.

Don't know if MM is the right choice, but I do think I know how our leadership operates. I reckon he's our next coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 am 
Ken Hands

What is required is a thorough and transparent process.

What we will get is a quick fix negotiated behind closed doors.

Mick Malthouse = Denis Pagan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am 
Geoff Southby

Drewgirl wrote:

I don't get this, personally.

How can a carlton supporter be bored watching carlton? When I'm watching two teams I don't care about, THAT'S when I want the coaches to put on a freeflowing, entertaining display.

When I'm watching carlton, I want to see winning football. End of story.

A grand final win... 6.4.40 to 6.3.39. Yeah, I'll take that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:24 am 
Garry Crane

My 2 cents worth
We need an experienced coach who's role will include setting up with mckay the whole football dept.
The successful young coaches have all joined really well run football clubs. Providing their coach with all the right people and support. Adel, geelong, pies.
A young coach would likely flounder because they will not be allowed to 'just' coach the team
To compliment the experienced coach who has the appetite to rebuild the footy dept will need to be assistants who need to do assume a bigger role, because the main coach has multiple responsibilities. So a strong up and coming assistant.

To me malthouse and matthew would fit. Not sure how others like williams operate to make a comment.

'‘He had an enormous capacity to pump himself up and get the best out of himself when it mattered. He had a fire in his belly – a passion for the contest like few other players’' -- D Parkin in reference to the dominator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
Why restrict yourself to 3 candidates? Throw it open.
Someone unexpected may come along and impress the hell out the selection committee but if they're not given the opportunity......

More half arsed measures.

This x 100

Has the feel of another Pagan style appointment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why restrict yourself to 3 candidates? Throw it open.
Someone unexpected may come along and impress the hell out the selection committee but if they're not given the opportunity......

More half arsed measures.

This x 100

Has the feel of another Pagan style appointment.

Which would just be the cherry on top of the fact we really haven't learned anything in the last 10 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

JohnM wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

I don't get this, personally.

How can a carlton supporter be bored watching carlton? When I'm watching two teams I don't care about, THAT'S when I want the coaches to put on a freeflowing, entertaining display.

When I'm watching carlton, I want to see winning football. End of story.

A grand final win... 6.4.40 to 6.3.39. Yeah, I'll take that.

What about 7. 14 - 56 to 8.5 - 53?

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:52 am 
Harry Vallence

I think we're all in agreement now that Malthouse comes with Cloke. It'll be a package deal. Asked a fair few Pies supporters and they see Cloke as expendable and are feeling rubbed roughly by his carry on re: contract. An interesting point - Cloke was definitely playing footy worth $1mil per season last year...under Malthouse. Without? Zilch. Could MM get him back to his best footy again?

Another question I guess needs to be about the Carlton list. Could the boys work a gameplan and have good cohesion around another big name 'give it to me' forward? Thought we already burnt that bridge with Fev. Still reckon a lesser light forward who can develop with the team organically is better than a blow-in Hollywood KPF, but whatever will be will be...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Scotty12000 wrote:
I think we're all in agreement now that Malthouse comes with Cloke. It'll be a package deal. Asked a fair few Pies supporters and they see Cloke as expendable and are feeling rubbed roughly by his carry on re: contract. An interesting point - Cloke was definitely playing footy worth $1mil per season last year...under Malthouse. Without? Zilch. Could MM get him back to his best footy again?

Another question I guess needs to be about the Carlton list. Could the boys work a gameplan and have good cohesion around another big name 'give it to me' forward? Thought we already burnt that bridge with Fev. Still reckon a lesser light forward who can develop with the team organically is better than a blow-in Hollywood KPF, but whatever will be will be...

There would have to be someone somewhere left at the club who remembers the Kouta debacle, surely?

5 year deals even 4 year deals are should only be entered into under the most extraordinary circumstances.

We got a beauty with Judd and his long contract, but Cloke is a train wreck looking for some buckled track and a faulty signal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 pm 
Robert Walls

JohnM wrote:
Our club loves a quick fix, so I'd be absolutely amazed if MM wasn't being single-mindedly pursued by Sticks and Co.

It also wouldn't surprise me if this started quite some time ago, about the time Travis Cloke started making impossible demands of Collingwood.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but it seems like Cloke has done everything he can to make it impossible for Collingwood to re-sign him. There's a fair chance he wants to play under MM, and is happy for talks to stall in order to make a free agency shift to a MM-coached Carlton a possibility.

Don't know if MM is the right choice, but I do think I know how our leadership operates. I reckon he's our next coach.

I actually thought supporters wanted the quick fix.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

This 'Malthouse 4 coach' campaign is starting to get out of control.

If Ratts is shown the door I implore the club to go through an open and comprehensive process to find a replacement.

It's too important a role these days not to be thorough about an appointment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Juanita Jones wrote:
JohnM wrote:

I think it's just as likely it's impatient board members after a quick fix.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Juanita Jones wrote:
JohnM wrote:

You speak of 'supporters' like they're a homogenous group. I'd say there'd be a dozen different attitudes across the CFC supporter group.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am tipping that Brett Ratten will remain as coach of Carlton through 2013

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wouldn't say no to MM as coach but I don't want Cloke at the club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next