Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:12 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

JohnM wrote:
Ayers would be great. He'd solve our depth problems overnight. We'd have two of Murphy, two of Judd, two of Henderson... Two of everyone!

:lol: :lol:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Synbad wrote:
Akermanis really is one of us... isnt he???

Just a wild blogger.... who can say anything he wants anyway he wants ... and whatever.... hes a perfect TCer.

I reckon Brock will be here one day too...hed love it here...

Brock is already here. Posts as nytdog.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DocSherrin wrote:
That's a bit of conjecture. I've heard both. If there's an optioned year - they won't have to pay out, unless they've agreed to something when they drew up the contract and it's in writing.

Even if it's an option Sticks will probably suggest they pay him out so everyone stays mates.

He's got a new baby you know...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:31 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

BTW Cimm, I agree with Synbad here, and I don't think it's overly disrespectful of a club champ. I love Sticks, and freely acknowledge his place in the club. As I've said earlier, I concede that he's easily the second or third best CHF I've seen at Carlton, and probably our third best captain, so I have no bias against him.

I just think he's completely out of his depth as a president. And I wouldn't call him an "ordinary prez". I wish he were ordinary. Ordinary would be someone who had the club treading water. This guy has us going south at a rate of knots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
BTW Cimm, I agree with Synbad here, and I don't think it's overly disrespectful of a club champ. I love Sticks, and freely acknowledge his place in the club. As I've said earlier, I concede that he's easily the second or third best CHF I've seen at Carlton, and probably our third best captain, so I have no bias against him.

I just think he's completely out of his depth as a president. And I wouldn't call him an "ordinary prez". I wish he were ordinary. Ordinary would be someone who had the club treading water. This guy has us going south at a rate of knots.

I want him gone. He's completely out of his depth. It's frightening listening to him speak, particularly last night when he said things like he " i dont like the sound of the word review, we'll just have a look at things at the end of the season".

But we are better than we were, that ain't good enough into the future obviously . I have to admit to being completely ignorant of just how dependent we are on benefactors until recently, you don't pay much attention to much bar ladder position when you are in WA.

But some of Synners stuff is over the top and disrespectful to Sticks. He's obviously not the only banana in there either. The size of the board is a reflection of people shoring up positions for things other than the clubs best interests.

The question remains, how do we get him and the people driven by self interest out.

In a previous post I said I've seen this all before. Unproductive boards, hangers on , board members just there for prestige and business opportunity.

It happened at West Perth in the WAFL in the 70's and 80's and almost killed the club.

It only got fixed when the club stunk so bad that all the maggots left because there was no prestige or money too be had. It was just a carcass.

I hope it doesnt come to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

cimm1979 wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

I want him gone. He's completely out of his depth. It's frightening listening to him speak, particularly last night when he said things like he " i dont like the sound of the word review, we'll just have a look at things at the end of the season".

But we are better than we were, that ain't good enough into the future obviously . I have to admit to being completely ignorant of just how dependent we are on benefactors until recently, you don't pay much attention to much bar ladder position when you are in WA.

But some of Synners stuff is over the top and disrespectful to Sticks. He's obviously not the only banana in there either. The size of the board is a reflection of people shoring up positions for things other than the clubs best interests.

The question remains, how do we get him replaced?

Only a wild hunch, but I feel Bruce Mathieson is the only likely option to cause enough of a stir that might see a break away formed next year involving Craig Mathieson that might get the numbers to end Sticks' reign.

Hopefully the next President/board can create a better sense of inclusiveness with the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:

The question remains, how do we get him and the people driven by self interest out.

In a previous post I said I've seen this all before. Unproductive boards, hangers on , board members just there for prestige and business opportunity.

It happened at West Perth in the WAFL in the 70's and 80's and almost killed the club.

It only got fixed when the club stunk so bad that all the maggots left because there was no prestige or money too be had. It was just a carcass.

I hope it doesnt come to that.

Cimm, I don't think we will ever get to that only because there are too many layers of external scrutiny these days such as through media etc that will kick start some sort of remedial action, albeit piecemeal.

I think our problem is we will meander along like we have been, for the next twenty years ala Richmond, always threatening to be the giant but never actually being it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
JohnM wrote:
Ayers would be great. He'd solve our depth problems overnight. We'd have two of Murphy, two of Judd, two of Henderson... Two of everyone!

:lol:
Geez, 2 Henderson's would be handy right now. One at each end of the ground.

you've got yer smiley faces....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Perhaps Sticks is to Eddie, as Eddie is to Mike Fitzpatick.

Perhaps Synners does see clearly.
Perhaps what he sees clearly though, is his own uniquely colored perception. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
DocSherrin wrote:
That's a bit of conjecture. I've heard both. If there's an optioned year - they won't have to pay out, unless they've agreed to something when they drew up the contract and it's in writing.

Even if it's an option Sticks will probably suggest they pay him out so everyone stays mates.

He's got a new baby you know...

Youre probably right, but its a small price to pay if it means we have got an appropriate replacement and the required review of the club etc has been done and done properly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:27 pm 
Robert Walls

I felt sick watching Sticks in the interview with Eddie.
To me he came across as sucky, overly humble, defeatist.
Seemed like in the past week he's lost a lot of the wind from his sails.

Just my perception anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm 
formerly Fevola

Our administration are so embarrasing in public. Looney Tunes...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Bluey44 wrote:
I felt sick watching Sticks in the interview with Eddie.
To me he came across as sucky, overly humble, defeatist.
Seemed like in the past week he's lost a lot of the wind from his sails.

Just my perception anyway.

yep, on several occasions said we not as good i.e. 'Waite not as good a Cloke', and 'our memberships were nothing like yours'.

True, but saying it makes it real :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Did he mention president nnot as good too?

I think Sticks begged Eddie not to as the MM question.
Eddie said not unless you get out there in front of national T V and admit youre not as good as Collingwood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm 
Robert Walls

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=140532

Quote:
Ratten, Sticks in talks
By Matt Thompson
12:33 PM Thu 05 July, 2012

EMBATTLED Carlton coach Brett Ratten and president Stephen Kernahan have caught up for a seemingly friendly chat after the Blues trained at Visy Park on Thursday morning.

The fact that this is a news article on the AFL website is a sign of where this game is heading. It's a @#$%&! soap opera, with off field stuff more important than the game.

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:37 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

The question remains, how do we get him replaced?

Only a wild hunch, but I feel Bruce Mathieson is the only likely option to cause enough of a stir that might see a break away formed next year involving Craig Mathieson that might get the numbers to end Sticks' reign.

Hopefully the next President/board can create a better sense of inclusiveness with the fans.

Does inclusiveness really matter compared with winning games? Inclusiveness is the last thing i care about.

If someone better than Sticks wants the job all they have to do is challenge. Simple scenario.

Posters can rant and rave all they want about wanting Sticks out but you are just doing this> :banghead: unless someone puts their hand up for a challenge.

If Craig Mathieson wants the gig and he is any good he will get it. I doubt he would even need a break away group.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mathieson cant do it.
Hes already tried long distance.
Noone will challenge Stinks.

He needs to voluntarily leave and that will allow people to fill the Stinks vacuum.

Sticks hates criticism .
Believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
Did he mention president nnot as good too?

I think Sticks begged Eddie not to as the MM question.
Eddie said not unless you get out there in front of national T V and admit youre not as good as Collingwood.

You see Synners, this is just total flower crap.

You dress it up as a joke, but its complete and utter shit.

The likely reason Eddie didn't ask it is he'd be shit scared of getting backhanded, that's what cowards do.

Eddies happy to give us a kick on radio, but given the opportunity to do it to his face he backs away. He even contrives a story that he won't ask it because it's not the right thing to do. Eddie the coward becomes Eddie the great bloke.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We need someone with a Melbourne accent for starters. :yikes: :razz:

(kidding Adelaidites)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Mathieson cant do it.
Hes already tried long distance.
Noone will challenge Stinks.

He needs to voluntarily leave and that will allow people to fill the Stinks vacuum.

Sticks hates criticism .
Believe me.

Yes, you were on the end of it once, weren't you .... ? :razz:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next