Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 am 
Trevor Keogh

Sometimes I think it would be nice of Mathieson and Eddleston shove their $$ up ass.

Reviews happen at clubs every year - amazing Mathieson even suggested it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:46 am 
Bruce Doull

Scarps reviews do happen not proper reviews.

You see Scarps.. Eddelston is sitting in the coaches box cos he made a donation to the club.
Our business model relies on donations philanthopic types like Pratt Mathieson and Eddelston...

If the club could create wealth and revenue streams without them... there wouldnt be 2 Pratts on the board one a co vice president... there wouldnt be a Mathieson furious with the way the club is being run publicly.. and the Dr wouldnt be in the box with the coach during a crucial game.

Each time the camera flashes to the box and you see Edelston in there... just know.. he paid the club for that privilege.

Its the business model.

Smart fella... he chose the Collingwood game for his visit to the box.... more exposure for himself... and also Ratts will be in the box this week....
Sticks said Ratts chooses where he sits .. boundary or box... but the Dr chose for him this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Don't all kinds of people sit in coaches boxes.?

VIP's and competition winners among them. I'm in Perth and know two people personally that have sat in the coaches box at the G.

My concern is the Doc make its sounds like he's there to help . Did he say he reviews game plans?????

If he wants to sit up the back and watch that's one thing but I hope he's not there assessing what goes on as an owner might.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 am 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:

VIP's and competition winners among them. I'm in Perth and know two people personally that have sat in the coaches box at the G.

My concern is the Doc make its sounds like he's there to help . Did he say he reviews game plans?????

If he wants to sit up the back and watch that's one thing but I hope he's not there assessing what goes on as an owner might.

I think that was something that used to happen years ago.
People could sit in the box.

I doubt it happens at clubs under the pump these days unless they need money.... ......................

And then you dont go to the media to teell everybody too...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:21 am 
Bruce Doull

j.scarponi wrote:
Sometimes I think it would be nice of Mathieson and Eddleston shove their $$ up ass.

Reviews happen at clubs every year - amazing Mathieson even suggested it.

Sticks is it you????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 am 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:

Oh, god.

So this is what we've become is it?

And to think I used to laugh at the dees.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:37 am 
Rod Ashman

JohnM wrote:
Effes wrote:

Oh, god.

Don't jest (though you're not!), someone will put a call into Jack next ... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:39 am 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
King Kenny wrote:
@JAkermanis: Just on Carlton. My mail is Ross, Gary Ayres then Mick. Expect a lunch between jack Elliot, Kernahan and Jenni Pratt. Good luck gents.

@JAkermanis: Dinner at Koko's. I hope John is paying. http://t.co/GNUCVQQz

Jeannie is in Poland and back Monday according to Sticks.

What the !@#$%& is she doing in Poland????

Theres a crisis at Carlton... how the hell are we supposed to work through this is Jeannie is in Poland???
We invited her onto the board as VP for her to go galllavanting behind the iron curtain ...???

Shes Co Vice Pres for fupps sake!!!

Yup and and she's got all the (chequebook) answers .... :oops: :sly: :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:41 am 
Rod Ashman

The Rhino wrote:
I IQ'd it to watch later. Felt a bit queasy watching 360, and felt a bit sorry for Ratten.

Thanks guys- you've saved me 30 minutes and some much needed hard drive space.

What was the tone of 360 Rhino ... ripped us to shreds?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 am 
Stephen Silvagni

kennyhunter wrote:
JohnM wrote:
Effes wrote:

Oh, god.

Don't jest (though you're not!), someone will put a call into Jack next ... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's one of the funniest articles I've read in a while - brilliant trolling from Jared Lynch & Matt Murnane :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 am 
Bruce Doull

They were not trolling.
Just reporting a Carlton story....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 am 
Geoff Southby

Journo's can smell blood in the water for sure. Even though the Edelstone story is pretty trivial and a beat-up, it's funny how these stupid things only ever seem to attach themselves to flailing clubs that don't have their shit together. You never hear dumb stuff like this come out of the best run clubs.

You know how people often say "I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Carlton"?

I'd hate to be a fly on the wall at Carlton. I'd be sitting there rubbing one of my many eyes with my proboscis, barely believing what I was seeing. I'd be looking for a vent to escape from, to fly out over Princes Park to escape these bozos, and remember a time when we were at the top of the game.

I think Sticks deputising Bear Gleeson to do his annual mega-review of the club to make sure everything is on track, would be the final straw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 am 
Craig Bradley

kennyhunter wrote:
The Rhino wrote:
I IQ'd it to watch later. Felt a bit queasy watching 360, and felt a bit sorry for Ratten.

Thanks guys- you've saved me 30 minutes and some much needed hard drive space.

What was the tone of 360 Rhino ... ripped us to shreds?

Nah not really. Barely discussed the club itself. Sounded like 4 blokes running a Cup sweep on when Ratts gets the arse, and which one of "their guy" gets the nod as the next coach.

That and a great Carlton man in Sellars trotting out the "I tipped this last year" line so often.

Just seemed unnecessarily malicious.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:10 am 
Stephen Silvagni

JohnM wrote:
Journo's can smell blood in the water for sure. Even though the Edelstone story is pretty trivial and a beat-up, it's funny how these stupid things only ever seem to attach themselves to flailing clubs that don't have their shit together. You never hear dumb stuff like this come out of the best run clubs.

You know how people often say "I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Carlton"?

I'd hate to be a fly on the wall at Carlton. I'd be sitting there rubbing one of my many eyes with my proboscis, barely believing what I was seeing. I'd be looking for a vent to escape from, to fly out over Princes Park to escape these bozos, and remember a time when we were at the top of the game.

I think Sticks deputising Bear Gleeson to do his annual mega-review of the club to make sure everything is on track, would be the final straw.

It's an article designed to stir up Carlton plebs outside the castle - to expose the pantomime being played out inside the castle - :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:41 am 
Horrie Clover

cimm1979 wrote:
Mate, are you sure you've been around for 8 flags because so have I, but you carry on like a 2 year old.

Collingwood have this.
People make fun of me.
They have bragging rights.

Yes it's more fun when you win, but lets just ensure we get the change we want. Long term success.

And no I don't want to go back to the slimy practices because those very same practices started the downfall, or have you forgotten what got us into this mess?

I'm convinced that Stick's problem is that he's not a pro. By that I mean he's not on the ball all the time, he's a dilettante , a dabbler, he's stuck in the past . You can tell this by how he's not over the current stories and talk. Didn't know there was a problem with Hyde, didn't know about the kerfuffle with Ratt's and were he sits during the game. It's not that he has to get involved in these things, but he would have to be living under a rock not to know about it.

I honestly believe he's the sort of guy who doesn't like bad news, likes to keep a low profile and only sticks his head up when there's some shit to be sorted.

From experience these types tend to let things fester and grow beyond what they should. I can just imagine people going to him with issues and him ignoring them hoping they go away. But they don't. I also think he's a soft touch, for all his outwardly rugged appearance, he would struggle to give someone a rocket or single them out if warranted. He's probably try and make it an issue about the group and try and work it out as a team.

I rate the guy as a first class human being, but ordinary Prez. I don't know how we get him out of the chair, but getting hysterical and making him out to be something akin to a war criminal is not going to help.

Bravo :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6417664589

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:

when did your people sit in the box?

veteran box sitter today ticks rats as the right man to lead this club having watched more coaches on gameday than your associates have.

sticks is not a was criminal.

he is a moron that is bringing down the club.

he does not have to be hauled before the Hague.

he just needs to piss off!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

blues8182 wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Mate, are you sure you've been around for 8 flags because so have I, but you carry on like a 2 year old.

Collingwood have this.
People make fun of me.
They have bragging rights.

Yes it's more fun when you win, but lets just ensure we get the change we want. Long term success.

And no I don't want to go back to the slimy practices because those very same practices started the downfall, or have you forgotten what got us into this mess?

I'm convinced that Stick's problem is that he's not a pro. By that I mean he's not on the ball all the time, he's a dilettante , a dabbler, he's stuck in the past . You can tell this by how he's not over the current stories and talk. Didn't know there was a problem with Hyde, didn't know about the kerfuffle with Ratt's and were he sits during the game. It's not that he has to get involved in these things, but he would have to be living under a rock not to know about it.

I honestly believe he's the sort of guy who doesn't like bad news, likes to keep a low profile and only sticks his head up when there's some shit to be sorted.

From experience these types tend to let things fester and grow beyond what they should. I can just imagine people going to him with issues and him ignoring them hoping they go away. But they don't. I also think he's a soft touch, for all his outwardly rugged appearance, he would struggle to give someone a rocket or single them out if warranted. He's probably try and make it an issue about the group and try and work it out as a team.

I rate the guy as a first class human being, but ordinary Prez. I don't know how we get him out of the chair, but getting hysterical and making him out to be something akin to a war criminal is not going to help.

Bravo :clap: :clap:

you got a supporter in surrey.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just wanting to clarify something....

Is Ratts contracted for next year or was the contract extension one year with the option of one extra.

If so that would suggest Carlton does not have to honour that year and also avoid a payout?

Is this correct

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

That's a bit of conjecture. I've heard both. If there's an optioned year - they won't have to pay out, unless they've agreed to something when they drew up the contract and it's in writing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next