Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alastair Clarkson
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

deano35 wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
deano35 wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Steve7 said:
Quote:
Any head coach would know that you need a quality support team around you if you want to be successful and if you take up too much of the soft cap then the players will not have enough support to be at their best.

So my question to all is... Did Teague get that? IMO its a big NO he did not....

David was given the option at the end of last season to freshen up with new coaches BUT David told Lloyd that he was very happy to work with the same assistant coaching group.
Still to this day even as late as last week he publicly backed himself and the coaching group as the best people to take this club long term.
The man is delusional

Was he? Or was it the fact that the soft cap and other issues made this unachievable and David was told as such so maybe to divert attention away from another failing of our inept board David said that to appease the masses? Of course he is going to say that recently, he has no other option to spin it the party line (although he has every right to). FACT he has the best win loss ratio of any carlton coach since Ratten. FACT after the same amount of games his win loss is better than Clarkson and a host of other "experienced" coaches". I'm not saying he is beyond criticism etc - he isnt. I'm not saying he is the right coach going forward. I'm saying he deserved better support. This board set him up to fail. Is Clarkson right for us? Not sure - it smacks of another pagan/malthouse appointment to me. Whilst Clarkson has amazing premiership results the last won was many years ago and his results since have been far from "pick me I'm the best". This review is another example of the incompetent management and horrific poor culture which was instilled as acceptable at least 20 years ago and nothing has changed putting something out there to divert the attention away from massive core issues and the most likely scenario its nothing but a joke. Its most likely they determined the result they wanted and directed those in the review to make those findings to make it seem "independent".

In all seriousness how serious was those appointed for this review. Geoff Walsh? Your kidding me right? The ex Football exec from Collingwood. who oversaw possibly the most incompetent list management of recent memory which resulted in them having to discard a number of players (a few absolute guns) because of a seriously mismanaged salary cap? Pavlich - OK maybe some better credentials, but hardly top notch and the other one - a no name.

It smacks of another example of BS management of our beloved footy club. Its so infuriating!!!!!

You want some more FACTS.
FACT - We sacked better credentialed people which would have been a fresh new set of eyes for the club coz David who is coach rightly picked who HE wanted, by the way Barker left remember.
FACT- You cannot compare Teague and Clarksons first 2 years. Clarkson had a list of kids and the Hawks were in rebuilding mould when he was appointed similar to Hardwick so can everybody just stop with the comparisons coz Teague has a way more mature list that should be playing finals and is ready to go.
FACT - As bad as Malthouse was did he not take us to within a free kick of a preliminary final .
FACT - Clarkson took his mature list and WON 4 bloody flags. Teague can't win 3 games in a row.
FACT - There is NO accountability on Senior players.

FACT - You lost me on the last one. That is opinion!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Get the feeling Lyon has been interviewed and has expressed his desire but the club are still talking to Clarkson.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:50 am 
Harry Vallence

Clarkson on fox sports this morning said he is going to take a year off .

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:59 am 
Geoff Southby

I guess the rumour is true then.
2023 Clarkson will be GC coach, nothing to see here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edhQ1Gpdfd0

Wonderful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

The plot thickens, I doubt the AFL powers to be would have anything to do with this.

Quote:
'I'm not concerned': Dew unfazed by sacking rumours

Quote:
Dew is contracted to coach the Suns until the end of 2022, although reports surfaced this week the club was under pressure to move him out early.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/666983/-i-m-not-concerned-dew-unfazed-by-sacking-rumours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fro ... 58kdz.html

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2021- ... 4d3a91870f

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kouta wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/from-tailing-players-to-dog-tales-weird-al-clarkson-stories-20210820-p58kdz.html

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2021- ... 4d3a91870f

Now that’s a coach. How much of that was a result of “support from the board” and how much of that was a relentless drive to succeed which was intrinsically motivated? I think the answer is obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

I am neither a Teague advocate or a Teague basher (FWIW, I think his position has become untenable and a change will be made), but I don’t like the hate and misinformation being thrown around as “facts”….

deano35 wrote:
FACT - We sacked better credentialed people which would have been a fresh new set of eyes for the club coz David who is coach rightly picked who HE wanted, by the way Barker left remember.

This is not a fact. It’s your opinion that they were ”better credentialed”. Anyway, who are you referring to?

deano35 wrote:
FACT- You cannot compare Teague and Clarksons first 2 years. Clarkson had a list of kids and the Hawks were in rebuilding mould when he was appointed similar to Hardwick so can everybody just stop with the comparisons coz Teague has a way more mature list that should be playing finals and is ready to go.

Perhaps they were rebuilding, but the average age of Hawthorn in 2005 was 24 years. That’s the same average age of Carlton in 2019 when Teague took over. Only three years before Clarkson was appointed, Hawthorn played in a preliminary final with a fairly young team, so they weren’t exactly a basket case (I’m not for a moment suggesting Clarkson has anything less than an outstanding coaching record). On the other hand, Teague took over a club that in the preceding three years had undergone a list turnover unprecedented in AFL history and had won about 20% of its games in that time.

deano35 wrote:
FACT - As bad as Malthouse was did he not take us to within a free kick of a preliminary final.

This is not true.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If we’re going to offer the current Hawthorn Coach $1.7 million dollars over 7 years - we should at least offer it to the guy currently wearing the match day headphones …. Sam Mitchell

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Clarkson just cost himself a one place better first round draft pick if he ends up coaching us

:razz:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Saying he is taking the year off after match

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:

I heard that too.
He sounds adamant that he will take a year off. Lets see.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

That's what Klopp said, then 4 months later...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

I heard that too.
He sounds adamant that he will take a year off. Lets see.

Couple of things ...

(1) He's never said that he won't be coaching Carlton, and
(2) Taking a year off is like coaching Carlton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

He still seems very eager to learn even at his age. That's a good sign. I was worried if he came here it would be for the "superannuation cheque" like others previously. Not the case. More than happy for him to coach us (goes without saying of course). Be better than Lyon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:24 pm 
Bert Deacon

AlphaBlue on BF wrote:
Got our man. Clarko will commit to the blues for 2022.
The rumour mongers are reporting it's a done deal. I'm taking it with the proverbial grain of salt for the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:49 pm 
John Nicholls

snakehips wrote:
AlphaBlue on BF wrote:
Got our man. Clarko will commit to the blues for 2022.
The rumour mongers are reporting it's a done deal. I'm taking it with the proverbial grain of salt for the moment.

Oh lordy lord. Unmitigated disaster. Malthouse the second.

Post subject: Alastair Clarkson
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ockhams razor wrote:
Clarkson has expressed interest in discussions.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
Ockhams razor wrote:
Clarkson has expressed interest in discussions.

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next