Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Kane Cornes (yeah, I know) raised an interesting point this morning. Do we accept that Clarkson seriously is 100% out of the mix at this point? We haven't heard anything direct from his mouth, & even if we had, prospectives have said no before. Look at Roos & how long he spent saying no thanks to Melbourne...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Was thinking the same. Playing hard to get.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:30 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Paywalled article in Hun suggesting we haven't given up on him and considering making a record breaking offer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:45 am 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
Paywalled article in Hun suggesting we haven't given up on him and considering making a record breaking offer.

Sheahan Ink: Massive pay deal could land Clarko at Carlton
Carlton is not giving up on its bid to sign Alastair Clarkson and is considering a record-breaking offer to recruit the coaching great.
Tony Sheahan
Carlton is going to throw millions of dollars at Alastair Clarkson in a last-ditch attempt to secure him as their new coach.

Club heavyweights haven’t ruled out Clarkson coaching the Blues next season after revelations that the former Hawthorn coaching legend confided to some he had refused to talk with Carlton with David Teague still in the top job.

President Luke Sayers and his board are desperate for ‘Clarko’ to coach the new look Blues and are willing to offer a deal that could break AFL records.

Board members connected on Tuesday night, with many on the hook-up of the opinion Clarkson was as good as signed, sealed and delivered.

But Hawthorn may be throwing a spanner in the works, not wanting to pay Clarkson his entire severance package and thereby jeopardising the entire Carlton deal.

A well-connected Carlton insider said the club’s heavyweights were expecting an announcement in coming weeks.

The Blues aren’t giving up hope despite a statement from Clarkson’s manager, James Henderson, that his client would be taking a year away from coaching an AFL club.

So desperate to get their man the Blues will roll the dice one more time before they turn to Ross Lyon.
Sayers spoke on Melbourne radio on Friday and was less than convincing about another tilt at the four – time premiership coach.

“I’d love to consider Alastair Clarkson, but from everything I hear and read I think he’s taking a year off overseas,” Sayers told Kane Cornes on SEN.

When pressed on these comments, Sayers refused to elaborate.

The Carlton coaching job is Clarkson’s to lose or Ross Lyon’s to gain.

The Blues are very keen on Lyon but feel one final tilt will allow the club to rest easy in the knowledge they did everything in their power to get the best available.

Clarkson, 53, has been adamant he will not coach next season: “My sincere intention is have a spell away from the game over the next 12 months. I want to travel with my wife and explore the world.”

But Covid may be a defining factor in his decision making process.

If Clarkson knocks back the Blues, he will be favourite to coach the Gold Coast Suns at some stage in 2022.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thanks for posting. Am in 2 minds here. Despite fact I can't stand the prick still rate him highly as a coach. If he wants the job as he sees it as a challenge to try and get the most out of an under performing list then great. If he needs a bucket load of cash to convince him, I fear a Malcolm Blight at the aints situation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Freshly-minted board member, Lahra Carey, had better get her skates on.

Pathetic and desperate are NOT part of the brand.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sometimes it’s what they say, “my sincere intention” instead of “I won’t be”. In other words the door isn’t shut. Doubt remains. My personal preference however, is we get a coach with a desire and a burning to coach us from day one. Not sure Clarkson does.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

How many times do we have to chase the Messiah? Pagan, Judd and Malthouse come to mind.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:26 pm 
Bert Deacon

why are we waiting for clarkson move on and find some1 who has passion and desire ,someone who hasnt won a flag and cheaper ROSS LYON come down .sounds like we are begging clarko F off

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

If we're genuinely evaluating the journalistic credibility of various sources. Tony Sheahan is the bottom of the barrel.

Spent the past few years virtually unemployed peddling retweets from Ricky Nixon or SEN as fact. No credibility whatsoever. A sympathy hiring out of respect for his old man.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

malbi wrote:
How many times do we have to chase the Messiah? Pagan, Judd and Malthouse come to mind.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Judd was a great coup for the club, not the Messiah as you suggest....all clubs in melbourne wanted him. We bidded and he selected Carlton. He came because of our 3 young No 1 dtaftees, and Stevens, Carrazzo to help him out in the middle. Don't tell me you were upset when Judd chose Carlton? Before you answer that, I wouldn't believe you if you answer "yes"

Are you suggesting Clarkson circa 2022 and Malthouse circa 2013 are in the same sphere?

Clarkson for a start >>>> Teague

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Geez. I'd forgotten Stevens was there for the start of the Judd era.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy One wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Sheahan Ink: Massive pay deal could land Clarko at Carlton
Carlton is not giving up on its bid to sign Alastair Clarkson and is considering a record-breaking offer to recruit the coaching great.
Tony Sheahan
Carlton is going to throw millions of dollars at Alastair Clarkson in a last-ditch attempt to secure him as their new coach.

Club heavyweights haven’t ruled out Clarkson coaching the Blues next season after revelations that the former Hawthorn coaching legend confided to some he had refused to talk with Carlton with David Teague still in the top job.

President Luke Sayers and his board are desperate for ‘Clarko’ to coach the new look Blues and are willing to offer a deal that could break AFL records.

Board members connected on Tuesday night, with many on the hook-up of the opinion Clarkson was as good as signed, sealed and delivered.

But Hawthorn may be throwing a spanner in the works, not wanting to pay Clarkson his entire severance package and thereby jeopardising the entire Carlton deal.

A well-connected Carlton insider said the club’s heavyweights were expecting an announcement in coming weeks.

The Blues aren’t giving up hope despite a statement from Clarkson’s manager, James Henderson, that his client would be taking a year away from coaching an AFL club.

So desperate to get their man the Blues will roll the dice one more time before they turn to Ross Lyon.
Sayers spoke on Melbourne radio on Friday and was less than convincing about another tilt at the four – time premiership coach.

“I’d love to consider Alastair Clarkson, but from everything I hear and read I think he’s taking a year off overseas,” Sayers told Kane Cornes on SEN.

When pressed on these comments, Sayers refused to elaborate.

The Carlton coaching job is Clarkson’s to lose or Ross Lyon’s to gain.

The Blues are very keen on Lyon but feel one final tilt will allow the club to rest easy in the knowledge they did everything in their power to get the best available.

Clarkson, 53, has been adamant he will not coach next season: “My sincere intention is have a spell away from the game over the next 12 months. I want to travel with my wife and explore the world.”

But Covid may be a defining factor in his decision making process.

If Clarkson knocks back the Blues, he will be favourite to coach the Gold Coast Suns at some stage in 2022.

The fact this wannabe reporter is reporting , gives me confidence that he has no idea what he talking about , he is as bad as Tom Browne , this is the same reporter who wrote a article 2 weeks , word for word of rumour that was on big footy ... no creditability

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20