Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Sky is falling
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 am 
Bob Chitty

isdonis.george wrote:
Win a premiership and some blokes will be unhappy because there's nothing to be unhappy about :wink:

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 am 
Bruce Doull

one thing taking about flags and the other is winning them!

but of course we will win it!
we have an outstanding record of winning flags in the last twenty five years!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

2 flags , same as the pies and 1 less than geelong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Carlton must still be in Maroochydore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

woof wrote:

if we dont win this year its one in twenty five!

the other difference is our performance over fifteen would be bottom three!
and worst in the league over the decade!
happy?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
Carlton must still be in Maroochydore.

The sky sure fell up there yesterday, that's for sure!

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Synbad wrote:
woof wrote:

happy?

25 years , 15 years, 10 years blast off.
You are a cracker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

woof wrote:
Synbad wrote:
woof wrote:

happy?

25 years , 15 years, 10 years blast off.
You are a cracker.

that's the way things go !

time stands still waiting for noone !
the harsh reality is we are in no Mans land!

not up there for turnover. not up there for memberships not up there for win loss ratio or flags in how we have handled the modern version of the game!

but that's ok! perhaps we can win it this year!

its only time! we have an infinite amount of it!

go blues!

seriously though,when do you envisage greatness in these areas? or do you believe we are peaking?

what areas in your opinion can we improve upon?

or you are happy enjoying the ride?

just questions!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

Weekend is here again...and still no premiership

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Megaman wrote:
Weekend is here again...and still no premiership

just questions

Post subject: The Sky is falling
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

I think we had fairly extenuating circumstances for us being rubbish from 02-07, which are behind us now.

What should have we done in recent years that we haven't? Won 3 flags? I hope we pinch one or more, but they are bloody hard to win.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 am 
formerly Virgin Blue

Blues improved in 2011, to be fifth on ladder, with 5th best offense and 5th best defense.
If anything though, those stats understate where the club is at. While we didn't beat any teams above us, we didn't lose badly to any of them - we almost beat Geel, Haw and WC (in Perth with key players out), and we got closer to Collingwood as the season progressed. As Mark Robinson says CFC is very much competitive against the top sides. And of those below us, we smashed Ess in the final, and smashed Syd at Etihad, and beat them in Syd. So stats and results show we are the fifth best side and not far fom the top 4. We also are no.1 for clearances, which is a telling stat and one which makes Synbad's complaints over a lack of true onballers invalid. Most importantly, more than half our team are still young enough to improve, some have a lot of improvement in them. Really, facts indicate Blues are on the rise.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am 
Bruce Doull

yes! invalid!
we will see!
important to keep into perspective that last years stats mean nothing this year? that these things are dynamic!
that if we are hoping for superhuman Judd performances forever we are not planning!
to look at stats only is our pitfall!
look at our stats against the teams that beat up on us during the minutes that counted for the outcome!
smashing gold coast doesn't mean lack during finals and either does an injury!
on one hand you use stats to make a point and on the other you use them and saw they understate!

let's just see how we have planned to take the next step!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am 
formerly Virgin Blue

Synbad wrote:
yes! invalid!
we will see!
important to keep into perspective that last years stats mean nothing this year? that these things are dynamic!
that if we are hoping for superhuman Judd performances forever we are not planning!
look at our stats against the teams that beat up on us during the minutes that counted for the outcome!
on one hand you use stats to make a point and on the other you use them and saw they understate!

You're clutching on straws if the foundation of your arguement is 'things can change'. I mean one could use your arguement to say a Hawthorn or Collingwood or Geelong are headed for disaster. More likely is the upward trend seen in the past few years, actually means something.

Judd super human effort?? Last thing I recall he was largely ineffective in the 2 finals in 2011 and we almost made it to the Prelim, and in 2012 Gibbs potentially could step up like MM did in 2011. Again, I think you're arguement is weak, and seems motivated more out of personal reasons, whatever they might be.

How have we planned to take the next step? well, for one we haven't traded too many early picks in recent years, so that tells me the club is courageous enough to keep thinking of the LT. At the same time we have been shrewd is shoring up deficiencies without selling the farm - laidler, duigan are good examples of this.The club's recruiting has been of a very high standard of late. Yes there are a few misses but no club has a 100% hit rate.

To look at stats is a pitfall is it? well I'd sooner use them as a guide than be totally airy fairy like you are.

Look Synbad I think it's important to be open minded about things and not be 100% positive just for the sake of it. I acknowledge the club have some challenges. We wouldn't be fifth best if there weren't some issues and challenges. I acknowledge our midfield need to get nastier to beat Hawthorn. I acknowledge we don't have a gun key fwd like Buddy and Cloke and this could be our downfall. I acknowledge WC have an edge over us in midfield because they have the best ruck combo at the mo and have a couple of clearance experts in Kerr and Priddis. These are in my view our two biggest challenges, along with making sure jamo and Waite and Krooz stay fit. But outside of these challenges, the reality is this team has been very consistent over the last few years, making the finals twice in two years, and the curve has been going upwards, and the list has a lot of room for natural improvement, which on the balance indicates we are going very well. As such I really think your constant negativity in here is out of kilter with reality and is actually tiresome and unecessary. I can only question your mental state, as you seem to be quite a frustrated person. Take a chill pill mate, it's not all that bad. for the first time in a decade a few media experts have tipped us for the Flag. You ought to enjoy it mate, while also being balanced and realistic about the challenges.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sugarcane wrote:
Synbad wrote:
yes! invalid!
we will see!

You're clutching on straws if the foundation of your arguement is 'things can change'. I mean one could use your arguement to say a Hawthorn or Collingwood or Geelong are headed for disaster. More likely is the upward trend seen in the past few years, actually means something.

Judd super human effort?? Last thing I recall he was largely ineffective in the 2 finals in 2011 and we almost made it to the Prelim, and in 2012 Gibbs potentially could step up like MM did in 2011. Again, I think you're arguement is weak, and seems motivated more out of personal reasons, whatever they might be.

How have we planned to take the next step? well, for one we haven't traded too many early picks in recent years, so that tells me the club is courageous enough to keep thinking of the LT. At the same time we have been shrewd is shoring up deficiencies without selling the farm - laidler, duigan are good examples of this.The club's recruiting has been of a very high standard of late. Yes there are a few misses but no club has a 100% hit rate.

To look at stats is a pitfall is it? well I'd sooner use them as a guide than be totally airy fairy like you are.

Look Synbad I think it's important to be open minded about things and not be 100% positive just for the sake of it. I acknowledge the club have some challenges. We wouldn't be fifth best if there weren't some issues and challenges. I acknowledge our midfield need to get nastier to beat Hawthorn. I acknowledge we don't have a gun key fwd like Buddy and Cloke and this could be our downfall. I acknowledge WC have an edge over us in midfield because they have the best ruck combo at the mo and have a couple of clearance experts in Kerr and Priddis. These are in my view our two biggest challenges, along with making sure jamo and Waite and Krooz stay fit. But outside of these challenges, the reality is this team has been very consistent over the last few years, making the finals twice in two years, and the curve has been going upwards, and the list has a lot of room for natural improvement, which on the balance indicates we are going very well. As such I really think your constant negativity in here is out of kilter with reality and is actually tiresome and unecessary. I can only question your mental state, as you seem to be quite a frustrated person. Take a chill pill mate, it's not all that bad. for the first time in a decade a few media experts have tipped us for the Flag. You ought to enjoy it mate, while also being balanced and realistic about the challenges.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sugarcane wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:24 pm 
www.blueseum.org

With all this talk it sounds like the Blueseum staff should take a year off and come back in 2013.... doesn't sound like there will be any highlights, any players emerge, any big marks, any wins at all let alone surprise ones or good ones. No flag, no history.

See you in 2013!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:28 pm 
Bert Deacon

We need a like button, well said sugarcane!!
To those that run the website, you should know synbad makes me and others I know come here less.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

So far this year we have won NUFFIN :!:

Hope it changes next Thursday evening :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Jonosc wrote:
We need a like button, well said sugarcane!!
To those that run the website, you should know synbad makes me and others I know come here less.

Short of them pointing a gun ar your head, if you're going to use others as an excuse for your own behaviour, then you probably should re-evaluate your life.

We won't be kicking anyone to the curb if they show a willingness to engage in discussion, so long as they are reasonable and fair in their treatment of others.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next