Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Judd Knee rumour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 am 
Garry Crane

Anyone heard about the Judd knee rumours?

"Robbo_heraldsun first wacko rumor abounds... Two tweets say Judd hurts his knee at friends place. No doubt calls will be made tomorrow by radio stations"

Fingers crossed its wacko!

Post subject: Re: Judd Knee rumour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Didn't Robbo use "other people's tweets" to kick start his campaign to get Judd suspended before the final against Essendon*?

He's full of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am 
Rod Ashman

The only funny thing is how much Robinson gets paid by the HUN, CH7, SEN and Foxtel to be an 'expert'.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

...and how little of that money goes towards looking after his yellow teeth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

This would be credible if he was saying it occurred at a friend's house in round 18.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sin City wrote:
Didn't Robbo use "other people's tweets" to kick start his campaign to get Judd suspended before the final against Essendon*?

He's full of shit.

They were other people's tweets. On both occasions. Its not hard to look up a timeline and establish people contacted him with the rumours or Judd tackle and he threw it out there to incite debate/discussion.

Of key importance in the Judd tackle on Gilbert is how dismissive he was of it, saying he had nothing to worry about and would be fine.

If someone is being sniped by some guy keen on calling him a sniper, he may as well be accurate.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

seanpb wrote:
Sin City wrote:

He's full of shit.

They were other people's tweets. On both occasions. Its not hard to look up a timeline and establish people contacted him with the rumours or Judd tackle and he threw it out there to incite debate/discussion.

Of key importance in the Judd tackle on Gilbert is how dismissive he was of it, saying he had nothing to worry about and would be fine.

If someone is being sniped by some guy keen on calling him a sniper, he may as well be accurate.

Wow, you keep believing everything he says then :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sin City wrote:
seanpb wrote:
Sin City wrote:

He's full of shit.

Wow, you keep believing everything he says then :thumbsup:

How is it believing everything he says? Look at his timeline... people tweet him mentioning this stuff. Its there for all to see should you want to put down your pitchfork you'd understand this. It is completely black and white.

Two users tweeted him the Judd rumour, he retweeted it, acknowledging it was just a rumour and from two people and that they'd look into it the next morning. He didn't just make it up. Same as the Judd sling tackle on Gilbert. I know this because a friend tweeted both Robbo and myself (one of many Bomber fans to tweet him that night) mentioning the tackle. People correspond with him, he takes what they say into account and creates a discussion with/for those who follow him.

Just because he works for the Herald Sun and is a Bombers man doesn't mean he's got an axe to grind with us.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

seanpb wrote:

How is it believing everything he says? Look at his timeline... people tweet him mentioning this stuff. Its there for all to see should you want to put down your pitchfork you'd understand this. It is completely black and white.

Two users tweeted him the Judd rumour, he retweeted it, acknowledging it was just a rumour and from two people and that they'd look into it the next morning. He didn't just make it up. Same as the Judd sling tackle on Gilbert. I know this because a friend tweeted both Robbo and myself (one of many Bomber fans to tweet him that night) mentioning the tackle. People correspond with him, he takes what they say into account and creates a discussion with/for those who follow him.

Just because he works for the Herald Sun and is a Bombers man doesn't mean he's got an axe to grind with us.

Can't believe you're actually that naive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 am 
Bruce Doull

Sin City wrote:
seanpb wrote:

Erm, in the instance being discussed seanpb's account is how it happened. You could say he was acting out of ill-intent in order to inflame the situation, but I don't think so. It was clear it was a total non-event as far as any possible action from the AFL was concerened.

I don't read much of Robbo's work in the little paper, but I do watch AFL360 most weeks. IMO he is more balanced and complimentary about Carlton than plenty of other "respected" hacks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camelboy wrote:
Sin City wrote:
seanpb wrote:

Erm, in the instance being discussed seanpb's account is how it happened. You could say he was acting out of ill-intent in order to inflame the situation, but I don't think so. It was clear it was a total non-event as far as any possible action from the AFL was concerened.

I don't read much of Robbo's work in the little paper, but I do watch AFL360 most weeks. IMO he is more balanced and complimentary about Carlton than plenty of other "respected" hacks.

Don't see him starting the same discussions from his sources about Essendon*. He picks his targets and he knows how the media can create shit storms.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Has Judd done a knee or is it just BS?

If BS, can we lock the thread?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Whaddya reckon Juanita? Could the club keep this secret for a week?

LOCK!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm 
Robert Walls

Mrs Caz wrote:
Whaddya reckon Juanita? Could the club keep this secret for a week?

LOCK!!!

DAMN STRAIGHT CAT WOMAN - LOCK IT UP!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was waiting to see if he'd respond to this on Twitter. Instead he's asking people what kind of trades will be seen.

I'm going to tweet "I hear Richmond are in the box seat for you" onto the trade week stream; should get a few laughs.

Oh yeah, locked.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
Was waiting to see if he'd respond to this on Twitter. Instead he's asking people what kind of trades will be seen.

I'm going to tweet "I hear Richmond are in the box seat for you" onto the trade week stream; should get a few laughs.

Oh yeah, locked.

Judd is on twitter?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]