Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:58 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Ash Hansen was extremely impressive in his post match

He certainly was.
Did anyone notice that Kade Simpson was on the interchange bench?
I read during the week he had been helping out at training.
He walked between the bench and the coach's race just before 3/4 time... Fair bit of clapping and cheering :thumbsup:... So yes, he was noticed

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:21 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
Ash Hansen was extremely impressive in his post match

Yes, he was!
Onwards and upwards.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

Best of luck to Skinny Lappin in the VFL GF on the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

O’Keefe steps away from AFL football

Daniel O'Keefe has made the decision to step away from football.

Carlton development coach Daniel O’Keefe will depart the Club after making the decision to step away from football to spend more time with his family.

O’Keefe will relocate to regional Victoria with his family for lifestyle reasons and his move comes after more than a decade developing young players into elite-level talent, which the Blues have been fortunate to benefit from since O’Keefe landed at IKON Park at the end of 2019.

O’Keefe’s legacy at the Club has been solidified in the fact he played a pivotal role in establishing Carlton’s first standalone VFL side in 19 years.

Arriving at the Blues with a wealth of experience gained at the Geelong Falcons, Geelong Football League, Vic Country and the Geelong Cats, O’Keefe has worked closely with Carlton’s Head of Development Luke Power in putting in place what is now an effective and clear development pathway for every AFL player who wears the Navy Blue.

This can be evidenced by the fact that nine of the Club’s 13 draftees selected in the last three years have made their senior debuts.

Carlton Head of Football Brad Lloyd praised O’Keefe for his contribution as well as his willingness to put his family first.

“Dan has left a lasting mark on our Club that we will continue to reap the benefits for years to come,” Lloyd said.

“His ability to connect with, and get the best out of, emerging talent is outstanding in its own right, while his willingness to embrace the responsibility of building our VFL program from the ground up could not be more appreciated.

“That commitment comes with a significant investment, both physically and mentally. To have the conviction to make an important life decision for the betterment of his family tells you everything you need to know about who Dan is a person.

“Our development program is in a real strong position for the long term and Dan has played a significant part in contributing towards that. Our entire football club wishes him and his family all the best for what is an exciting new chapter in their lives.”

O’Keefe said he was incredibly grateful for the opportunity afforded him at the Blues and highlighted it’s one he doesn’t take for granted.

“I’m so grateful for the time I’ve spent at the Blues and I’d like to particularly thank Brad Lloyd and Luke Power for the opportunity they gave me at this great club. Their belief in me and the VFL team is what has allowed me to leave the program in the strong position it’s now in.”

The Club will now commence the recruitment process to replace O’Keefe, with a selection panel to be established in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:17 pm 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
O’Keefe steps away from AFL football

Daniel O'Keefe has made the decision to step away from football.

Carlton development coach Daniel O’Keefe will depart the Club after making the decision to step away from football to spend more time with his family.

O’Keefe will relocate to regional Victoria with his family for lifestyle reasons and his move comes after more than a decade developing young players into elite-level talent, which the Blues have been fortunate to benefit from since O’Keefe landed at IKON Park at the end of 2019.

O’Keefe’s legacy at the Club has been solidified in the fact he played a pivotal role in establishing Carlton’s first standalone VFL side in 19 years.

Arriving at the Blues with a wealth of experience gained at the Geelong Falcons, Geelong Football League, Vic Country and the Geelong Cats, O’Keefe has worked closely with Carlton’s Head of Development Luke Power in putting in place what is now an effective and clear development pathway for every AFL player who wears the Navy Blue.

This can be evidenced by the fact that nine of the Club’s 13 draftees selected in the last three years have made their senior debuts.

Carlton Head of Football Brad Lloyd praised O’Keefe for his contribution as well as his willingness to put his family first.

“Dan has left a lasting mark on our Club that we will continue to reap the benefits for years to come,” Lloyd said.

“His ability to connect with, and get the best out of, emerging talent is outstanding in its own right, while his willingness to embrace the responsibility of building our VFL program from the ground up could not be more appreciated.

“That commitment comes with a significant investment, both physically and mentally. To have the conviction to make an important life decision for the betterment of his family tells you everything you need to know about who Dan is a person.

“Our development program is in a real strong position for the long term and Dan has played a significant part in contributing towards that. Our entire football club wishes him and his family all the best for what is an exciting new chapter in their lives.”

O’Keefe said he was incredibly grateful for the opportunity afforded him at the Blues and highlighted it’s one he doesn’t take for granted.

“I’m so grateful for the time I’ve spent at the Blues and I’d like to particularly thank Brad Lloyd and Luke Power for the opportunity they gave me at this great club. Their belief in me and the VFL team is what has allowed me to leave the program in the strong position it’s now in.”

The Club will now commence the recruitment process to replace O’Keefe, with a selection panel to be established in the coming weeks.

I could be cynical and say that by hook or by crook, he'll make his way back to the GeelongLifestyle Football Club at some point but that's just me being cynical so I won't say it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:30 am 
Ken Hunter

Ha - that's exactly what I thought.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
Ha - that's exactly what I thought.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

+2

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

+ surfboard and hobby farm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

muzza wrote:

...and binoculars. Pretty sure he's from Warrnambool so best to have a look for whales before you put the stick in the water at Logan's Beach. Great part of the world.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:19 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin III wrote:
muzza wrote:

...and binoculars. Pretty sure he's from Warrnambool so best to have a look for whales before you put the stick in the water at Logan's Beach. Great part of the world.

All roads point back to Geelong

They pretty much have the entire Western District market cornered

But hey...they have a system that develops kids better than other teams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

Troy Selwood ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

I don’t know much about him Mick, but I seem to recall he was appointed Collingwood’s list manager last year and then resigned shortly afterwards (for health reasons?). What’s he doing those days? What coaching experience does he have?

I know it’s unlikely to happen, but it would be great if Voss could get his old mate Nigel Lappin across. Not as VFL coach, but for a more senior role within the coaching group. Maybe Lappin feels like “job’s done” at Geelong and it’s a good time to move on? Cook would presumably have a relationship with Lappin too.

Voss, Lappin & Power. Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

I don’t know much about him Mick, but I seem to recall he was appointed Collingwood’s list manager last year and then resigned shortly afterwards (for health reasons?). What’s he doing those days? What coaching experience does he have?

I know it’s unlikely to happen, but it would be great if Voss could get his old mate Nigel Lappin across. Not as VFL coach, but for a more senior role within the coaching group. Maybe Lappin feels like “job’s done” at Geelong and it’s a good time to move on? Cook would presumably have a relationship with Lappin too.

Yeah , better still .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:48 am 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

He is not the Selwood you're looking for... (apologies to Obi Wan).

But independent of Joel, Nigel Lappin would be amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:08 am 
Laurie Kerr

Joel Selwood met with Brad LLoyd yesterday.
Been told he will announce his retirement this week.
He would be great at Carlton in an assistant role.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:11 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

Yeah , better still .

Lappin signed up for 5 years or so around the time we got Voss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

Yeah , better still .

Lappin signed up for 5 years or so around the time we got Voss.

I’m happy to be corrected, but my recollection is that he was offered a long term deal by the Cats last year but that he only signed on for one more year (ie. season 2022).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

The 19 tram wrote:
Joel Selwood met with Brad LLoyd yesterday.
Been told he will announce his retirement this week.
He would be great at Carlton in an assistant role.

Joel would be an awesome addition for the vacant Development Assistant Coaching role :smoking:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Troy Selwood ?

He is not the Selwood you're looking for... (apologies to Obi Wan).

But independent of Joel, Nigel Lappin would be amazing.

Nah mate , he is the Selwood i'm talking about . Joel aint going anywhere to do a long and arduous apprenticeship . He don't play second fiddle to anyone . Wherever he goes he will be fasttracked . Within three years he will have a senior gig and that won't be with us coz Voss is gonna be coaching us for a long time .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next