Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:13 pm 
Horrie Clover

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Siegfried wrote:
Whoever we get as assistants, please, please let them have had some experience with successful clubs. We currently have no one who has coached or been an assistant at a club that has won a flag or even gone close.

Same with football manager if the Icke rumour is true. Get someone who has been a football manager at a club that has had success. I know this will upset some (like me!) but give Balme a godfather offer. He is one that knows what it takes.

Have you no dignity, no respect for the jumper, or for Geoff Southby?

That’s the trouble with some of us supporters we still live in the past, just like Cloke never had a chance with some of us supporters because of his father, if Balme is available even though I hated him for what he did to Southby, I will have him in an instant as if we are to move forward we must get the best there is and that include the main Coach as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

Wayne Brittain should be looked at in my opinion.

"GIBBS."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:30 pm 
Horrie Clover

Captain Dan wrote:

You must be joking?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just a question but..................

Does David Teague deserve a shot? Has taken the Bullants to back-to-back Grand Finals????

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluekettle wrote:
Captain Dan wrote:

You must be joking?

Coached Brisbane real well this year, next

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

ryan2000 wrote:

Does David Teague deserve a shot? Has taken the Bullants to back-to-back Grand Finals????

No

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Doc - what feedback have you been hearing about Harris? Capuano? Cheers.

Never hear much about Darren Harris, but Ratts and Riley think highly of his work. All the ruck boys think highly of Matty Capuano, and he's certainly added to our development program. Has done a lot with Levi Casboult too. Ability to be a 'go to' guy for the young players is a real bonus to have on the coaching staff when some of the young blokes might be a bit shy in approaching Ratts, Riley, Teague etc.

Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:10 pm 
Laurie Kerr

John Barker has recently left the Hawks and was also forward coach at the Saints. Worth considering

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluekettle wrote:
Captain Dan wrote:

You must be joking?

I'm not joking. Also, Hotcox, Wayne Brittain was not at Brisbane this year. People like to pin the blame on him for when the club was in turmoil in 2002, but that is a very narrow-minded way of looking at it. Was a great tactical coach who could really give Ratten a hand on matchday. Everyone goes on about the pipe-dream that is Paul Roos getting a gig, but for crying out loud, let's live real. Aside from 2001 when Brittain was the senior coach, he also played a major role in the box in 2000 alongside Parkin. The place has had a major revamp since he was last at the club; much of the behind the scenes bitching seems to have settled down, the troublemakers have been shown the door, and the club is on the right path to success. From where I see it too, Wayne isn't afraid to give an honest opinion of certain individuals in the playing group. Found it funny how he'd called for Fevola to be moved on, as he could see a problem developing. People couldn't see it at the time, but fast forward through the latter part of the decade and the club was continually dragged through the mud because hard calls wouldn't be tolerated and individuals seemed bigger than the team. We need more of this around the club; honesty from the coaches through to the playing group, and hard but fair calls to be made.

"GIBBS."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 pm 
Bert Deacon

Peter Sherry wrote:
John Barker has recently left the Hawks and was also forward coach at the Saints. Worth considering

No thanks - his work at the hawks has not been flash and most hawk supporters wanted him gone as an assistant just as most Carlton supporters wanted Lappin gone as our forawrds coach.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 pm 
Garry Crane

Captain Dan wrote:
bluekettle wrote:
Captain Dan wrote:

You must be joking?

I'm not joking. Also, Hotcox, Wayne Brittain was not at Brisbane this year. People like to pin the blame on him for when the club was in turmoil in 2002, but that is a very narrow-minded way of looking at it. Was a great tactical coach who could really give Ratten a hand on matchday. Everyone goes on about the pipe-dream that is Paul Roos getting a gig, but for crying out loud, let's live real. Aside from 2001 when Brittain was the senior coach, he also played a major role in the box in 2000 alongside Parkin. The place has had a major revamp since he was last at the club; much of the behind the scenes bitching seems to have settled down, the troublemakers have been shown the door, and the club is on the right path to success. From where I see it too, Wayne isn't afraid to give an honest opinion of certain individuals in the playing group. Found it funny how he'd called for Fevola to be moved on, as he could see a problem developing. People couldn't see it at the time, but fast forward through the latter part of the decade and the club was continually dragged through the mud because hard calls wouldn't be tolerated and individuals seemed bigger than the team. We need more of this around the club; honesty from the coaches through to the playing group, and hard but fair calls to be made.

+1 :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 pm 
Robert Walls

Captain Dan wrote:

I agree - personally I cant see it happening but I think he would have a lot to offer the club and would love to have him back at the club in a coaching/development role.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Captain Dan wrote:
bluekettle wrote:
Captain Dan wrote:

You must be joking?

+1

combine with the fact that he was personally shafted by Elliot in a last ditch attempt to hold onto his role and "seduce" Pagan into comin to Carlton, which we all know how successful that turned out to be.

i always had alot of time for Brittan, and when you hear him on the radio, he clearly knows what he is talking about. We had a terrible year in 02, partly due to the worse run of injuries i think this club has ever had, you take 10-12 of the top players out of your side and i dont give a shit if its geelong, they are going to struggle, and struggle big time.

the only doubt would have to be, is time out of the game? He was only part time at the lions wasnt he?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:56 pm 
Robert Walls

Personally I'd go after Brenton Sanderson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wild Blue Yonder wrote:
Personally I'd go after Brenton Sanderson.

Personally I'd go after that sheila in your avatar...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hotcox wrote:
ryan2000 wrote:

No

As insightful as always! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hotcox wrote:
Wayne Carey to be forwards coach next year - Source current Carlton player.

Putting $$$ on it?

Last edited by dane on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:26 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

madblue21 wrote:
should get fev for assistant role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :thumbsup:

Yep. We'd be getting value for the money we're paying him. And considering we've such a young playing lisgt and how good Fev is with the kids ya can't go wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluekettle wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Siegfried wrote:
Whoever we get as assistants, please, please let them have had some experience with successful clubs. We currently have no one who has coached or been an assistant at a club that has won a flag or even gone close.

Same with football manager if the Icke rumour is true. Get someone who has been a football manager at a club that has had success. I know this will upset some (like me!) but give Balme a godfather offer. He is one that knows what it takes.

Have you no dignity, no respect for the jumper, or for Geoff Southby?

That’s the trouble with some of us supporters we still live in the past, just like Cloke never had a chance with some of us supporters because of his father, if Balme is available even though I hated him for what he did to Southby, I will have him in an instant as if we are to move forward we must get the best there is and that include the main Coach as well.

Jeez, can't you take a joke. Next time I will say JOKE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hotcox wrote:
Wayne Carey to be forwards coach next year - Source current Carlton player.

oh please God be true!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 80  Next