Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
I'll be interested to see whether Bradley continues in his current role or if he steps up to full time. The dynamic between Braddles and Laidley will also be interesting if we manage to secure Laidley. Both seem to like control.
Not as keen on Rohan Welsh as the Doctor.

I'd like to speak to Mark Neeld. With Bucks coming in, the main role at Collingwood wont be available for a few years and he's reasonably ambitious. I like his approach and the Pies rate him highly.

I'd be more interested in Mark Neeld than Dean Laidley, but doubt that'd happen. I'm not convinced Neeld will leave Collingwood unless there is a senior job on offer. For what it's worth, Neeld coached the Western Jets in the TAC Cup, then took control of his own side in the Bellarine League (4-peat flags with Ocean Grove) before the Pies snaffled him.

I've not heard anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if our forward line coach was a recent (last 2 years) retiree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 am 
Harry Vallence

We should be doing all we can to poach Mark Neeld. Look at how good Collingwood's midfield is, without great individual class. Think what he could do for us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stamos wrote:
We should be doing all we can to poach Mark Neeld. Look at how good Collingwood's midfield is, without great individual class. Think what he could do for us.

He also fast-tracked the development of their defence which has done alright as well. Was recruited to the Pies as defensive coach. But why would he move from assistant to assistant? Won't happen unless Riley gets the West Coast job and that's not looking likely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 am 
Ken Hunter

Small article in today Herald sun saying that Teague is the running for a full time assistant job with us. Has done a good job with the Bullants and the players seem to like him. Could do worse. And he is very good looking!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 am 
Harry Vallence

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
But why would he move from assistant to assistant?

Assistants have a shelf life at one club. Moving clubs is good for their experience.
There is also $$$. We should throw buckets at him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:
Small article in today Herald sun saying that Teague is the running for a full time assistant job with us. Has done a good job with the Bullants and the players seem to like him. Could do worse. And he is very good looking!

I personally would not hire him. I know he's made a VFL grand final two years running - but I'm sorry to say - I still don't rate him. He should get some experience away from Visy Park to accelerate his learning curve. Both he and Lappin were given coaching roles as incentive to retire earlier than they wanted...we've just cut Lappin loose...i think it's time Teague followed suit.

Still only 29 and still a lot to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stamos wrote:
Dr.SHERRIN wrote:

Assistants have a shelf life at one club. Moving clubs is good for their experience.

I agree we should sound him out. I think he would come under strong consideration if Ratten was given the arse next year. He's after a senior job though. Would be on plenty of coin at Collingwood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
kezza wrote:

I personally would not hire him. I know he's made a VFL grand final two years running - but I'm sorry to say - I still don't rate him. He should get some experience away from Visy Park to accelerate his learning curve. Both he and Lappin were given coaching roles as incentive to retire earlier than they wanted...we've just cut Lappin loose...i think it's time Teague followed suit.

I agree with this....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
Stamos wrote:
Dr.SHERRIN wrote:

I agree we should sound him out. I think he would come under strong consideration if Ratten was given the arse next year. He's after a senior job though. Would be on plenty of coin at Collingwood.

But no chance of a senior role with Buckley taking over....who knows the opportunity may be there with us if Ratts is not given a new deal....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
Robert Walls

The only thing I know about Neeld is he sounds like a mini malthouse when he speaks. It's a bit spooky.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Princes Park Whistler wrote:
Get Kirk.

Get Spock.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 pm 
Bert Deacon

Juddernaut wrote:
Peter Sherry wrote:
John Barker has recently left the Hawks and was also forward coach at the Saints. Worth considering

I have 100% confirmation that John barker is currently talking to carlton FC about a coaching position. Remember this post....

Please Blues don't get barker!! :banghead:

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Touched on this a few weeks back, that you never see our assistants named as possibly becoming the next head coach of x club (with possible exception of Montgomery?), so can't see it is a bad thing we are getting rid of ours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Virgin Blue wrote:
Touched on this a few weeks back, that you never see our assistants named as possibly becoming the next head coach of x club (with possible exception of Montgomery?), so can't see it is a bad thing we are getting rid of ours

Harvey went to another club. Bradley along with montgomery was named as a possible head coach of Port.

I am not upset that we are changing it up. 3 years as a line coach at one club is the norm. Time to get some fresh ideas into the coaches box.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ciccio wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
Peter Sherry wrote:
John Barker has recently left the Hawks and was also forward coach at the Saints. Worth considering

I have 100% confirmation that John barker is currently talking to carlton FC about a coaching position. Remember this post....

Please Blues don't get barker!! :banghead:

+1

So who is John Barker, and why shouldn't we get him?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Pafloyul wrote:
Princes Park Whistler wrote:
Get Kirk.

Get Spock.

:lol:

then the team would live long and prosper.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

This post-season drag is getting to me. Beam me up Scotty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm 
Ken Hands

TomAlvin'sWig wrote:
This post-season drag is getting to me. Beam me up Scotty.

Tell me about it. I'm already starting to see Magpies off the starboard bow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stamos wrote:

Just like Richardson was a genius at the filth and then went to the scum and did wonders with their young players.

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
kezza wrote:

I'd love to know what you have against Teague. it's a magnificent effort he's been able to produce, especially considering Preston is one of the least financial clubs in the VFL.

if it wasn't for Carlton they'd be just about gone by now.

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 80  Next