Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
Carlton has poached Jordan Russell from North Melbourne. Russell will work as the forwards coach at Carlton, freeing up Ash Hansen to operate solely as a senior assistant in the coaches box as support for Voss who likes to operate from the bench.

I just read this elsewhere.
Sounds like a good move.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

With Plowman & LOB leaving, the club has obviously recognised the importance of bringing in an established whipping boy for fickle supporters to blame for everything.
:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Carlton has poached Jordan Russell from North Melbourne. Russell will work as the forwards coach at Carlton, freeing up Ash Hansen to operate solely as a senior assistant in the coaches box as support for Voss who likes to operate from the bench.

What has he achieved at North in his time there? Their win-loss record recently is Bolton-esque. Sounds like a dud appointment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

Welcome home son .Has done a very well rounded apprenticeship in the coaching ranks . Reckon he is a very good addition . Good luck .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

I wonder if this would assist Hanson’s development by allowing him to coach the VFL team, and release Power back into full time development. That’s of course if Power wants to move away from match day coaching.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
With Plowman & LOB leaving, the club has obviously recognised the importance of bringing in an established whipping boy for fickle supporters to blame for everything.
:roll:
:lol:

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

What has he achieved at North in his time there? Their win-loss record recently is Bolton-esque. Sounds like a dud appointment.

Very good up and coming unit the North midfield . Least of there worries . We were lucky to beat North early in the year . There young midfield group were swarming all over us and we were lucky to hang on . Suggest you check out Russell's CV .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Fairdinkum what is the point of that post. FFS why do you feel the need to trash the appointment?

Are you hating on Jordan, Carlton FC, Vossy or Cook for the appointment. Tell us all about what you know of Jordan's Coaching career.

It would seem he worked at Footscray when Hansen was still there, so I guess he recommended him. Maybe your hate is on Hansen.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/14514 ... hing-group

Maybe reading this will provide some clarity to the appointment.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Fairdinkum what is the point of that post. FFS why do you feel the need to trash the appointment?

Are you hating on Jordan, Carlton FC, Vossy or Cook for the appointment. Tell us all about what you know of Jordan's Coaching career.

It would seem he worked at Footscray when Hansen was still there, so I guess he recommended him. Maybe your hate is on Hansen.

Regards Cazzesman

Looking at his Linkedin profile it says he's been an assistant at North since the end of 2020.

North Melbourne's Win-loss record in the past 3 seasons is 9-1-57.

A win rate of 13%.

Excuse me for being a little bit concerned that we're recruiting from an environment which hasn't been a high performance one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Traveller86 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Looking at his Linkedin profile it says he's been an assistant at North since the end of 2020.

North Melbourne's Win-loss record in the past 3 seasons is 9-1-57.

A win rate of 13%.

Excuse me for being a little bit concerned that we're recruiting from an environment which hasn't been a high performance one.

Don't worry his winning percentage will be increasing now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Didn't TC sponsor him?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Carlton 2024 coaching group

AFL Senior Coach: Michael Voss
Senior assistant coach: Ash Hansen
Head of Coaching and Performance: Aaron Greaves
Forward line coach: Jordan Russell
Backline coach: Aaron Hamill
Midfield coach: Tim Clarke
Ruck coach: Matthew Kreuzer
VFL Coach: Luke Power
Development Program Manager: Brad Ebert
Development and Talent Manager: Tom Lonergan
Development coach: Torin Baker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Didn't TC sponsor him?
:thumbsup:

He's safe now

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

billc3 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Didn't TC sponsor him?
:thumbsup:

He's safe now

Go Blues

Or was it The Blue View .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Russell's skills etc aside, this is a really good idea...
There's a distinct role in the coach's box, Vs sideline coaching....
Getting two smart operators in EACH position is a great move...

(i would also have an 'opposition coach ' coach/strategist who is watching the opposition coaches every move on game day as well as the skillsets of the opposition players...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

Does a portion of membership fees go toward staff payments?

If so, I want to know how much Russell, along with the others, are being paid.

If not, I still want to know. :smile:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Highly regarded. A good appointment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
Does a portion of membership fees go toward staff payments?

If so, I want to know how much Russell, along with the others, are being paid.

If not, I still want to know. :smile:

:smile:

You'd likely have around 30-something employees within the football department which you're allowed to spend a total of $7.2 million on. Once you've accounted for the senior coach, the senior assistant, the list manager, footy operations manager and the high performance manager - you have about $5 million left.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Final season for Luke Power then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next