Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 2:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Is the Power & Lonergan dynamic working for us?

Strange roles for both of them.

Power should be one or the other & Lonergan has got a real HR vibe about him.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 10:23 am 
Bruce Doull

Carlton assistant coaches be like:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

From the “Insider Trading” article on the AFL app.

Quote:
BLUES ADD TO FOOTBALL STAFF

CARLTON has added Calder Cannons regional talent manager Matthew Burton to its football department.

After more than five years with the Coates Talent League club, Burton has started at Ikon Park as the Academy and AFLW Talent Acquisition Manager.

The Blues' Academy involves father-son, father-daughter, Indigenous and Next Generation Academy prospects.

Burton is the second talent manager from the Cannons to join the Blues in the past 12 months, following former Geelong premiership player Tom Lonergan, who is Carlton's development and talent manager.

Tanya Hetherington recently joined Sydney's AFLW program as an assistant coach after coaching Calder's under-18s girls program in the Coates Talent League. – Josh Gabelich

AFL media trumps our own team again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:46 am 
Harry Vallence

In - Dew?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:55 am 
Rod Ashman

I was thinking the same thing.
Some unsuccessful coaches make excellent assistants...
I'd also look at McQualter if he doesn't get the senior gig at the Tigers.
And I'd also try to prise Leppitsch out of the Pies but it may be difficult to entice him away from his other teammate where things are working so well.
Or Don Pyke.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:09 am 
Geoff Southby

Id take dew. Think he is a bit hard done by. They had a couple of poor games around the bye but go ok. Obviously looking for a big push to finals 2024

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
In - Dew?

Dew rejected us some years back.

Regardless, an experienced Coach can do wonders as an Assistant Coach.
You're buying Experience and Knowledge which is helpful to fast track or sharpen up players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Reckon Ratts is the one i would be bringing back . And i would also try to get Zac back to do that Hodge/Brisbane Lewis/Dees type of old wise head amongst the ranks with Premiership success . Yeah , Ratts and Zac would be my top of the wish list .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:18 am 
Craig Bradley

Traveller86 wrote:
In - Dew?

I can see him now, brushing off the remnants of his 5th sausage roll, just casually wandering out the back of the big blue box for a piss and a dart…

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

There was a few people at the Reserves at the weekend saying there are changes being make to our support staff for next year and beyond.

Voss is safe but Cook has identified our "football structure" as under funded and poorly structured. Development is a major concern. It's a big part of his job to get it right

I can see a lot of changes to our Football Department for 2024. Standards and Culture has been mentioned numerous times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
There was a few people at the Reserves at the weekend saying there are changes being make to our support staff for next year and beyond.

Voss is safe but Cook has identified our "football structure" as under funded and poorly structured. Development is a major concern. It's a big part of his job to get it right

I can see a lot of changes to our Football Department for 2024. Standards and Culture has been mentioned numerous times

Thought we fixed all that last time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Thought we fixed all that last time?

Just needs a few more ‘Development and’ job titles…

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
In - Dew?

I can see him now, brushing off the remnants of his 5th sausage roll, just casually wandering out the back of the big blue box for a piss and a dart…

5th Barkly Smokehouse sausage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Gerard Whateley said

Quote:
The Blues are no longer hostage to availability – waiting for 22 stars to take the field.

They are far more assured in defence – not nearly as vulnerable to wicked swings in momentum.

Their game is back in balance – the ball movement restored.

Their forward pressure is suffocating, achieving that level of teamwork that was missing. And their best players are starring – but not at the expense of the overall system.

Carlton found stability where in the past upheaval had taken hold.

The boycotters and the sack the coachers did not get their way.

And those in charge have proven their worth from the top office to the coaching box.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/31/1148-to-1-gerard-whateley-recaps-an-improbable-weekend-of-footy/

Say no more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I hope Bruce Mathieson had a good read of that... :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just need to find a match day coach for the ressies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heard on the news that WCE may be looking to a younger coach and Hansen was mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Gerard Whateley said

Quote:
The Blues are no longer hostage to availability – waiting for 22 stars to take the field.

They are far more assured in defence – not nearly as vulnerable to wicked swings in momentum.

Their forward pressure is suffocating, achieving that level of teamwork that was missing. And their best players are starring – but not at the expense of the overall system.

And those in charge have proven their worth from the top office to the coaching box.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/31/1148-to-1-gerard-whateley-recaps-an-improbable-weekend-of-footy/

Say no more.

I hope Whately got a few broken fingers as he tried to clamber aboard our band wagon.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:55 pm 
Ken Hands

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Gerard Whateley said

Quote:

Say no more.

I hope Whately got a few broken fingers as he tried to clamber aboard our band wagon.

:roll:
To be fair to him, he's probably been more bullish on us than most in the media over the past month.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Phil Davis retiring. Switched on guy. Not sure if coaching is on his agenda but worth a look at as an assistant?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next