Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:45 pm 
Trevor Keogh

hey guys just wondering is this the last time we see these blokes at the club?theres talks about grigg already signed with goldcoast scums. and also talk about hampson queensland boy heading home,and who nos with thornton' dominating in the reserves and not getting a look in.i think all important players for the future! espesialy grigg who frees up juddy! he would be a big loss! :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
Ken Hands

grigg - hearing whispers he is staying
hammer - contracted, so if he goes won't be for free
thornton - papers clearly marked....is a bit of a shame, whilst he bothered me as much as anyone I feel he should at least be an emergency this week

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm 
Wayne Johnston

lawrence_angwin wrote:
thornton - papers clearly marked....is a bit of a shame, whilst he bothered me as much as anyone I feel he should at least be an emergency this week

Perhaps Thornton is the one going to the goldie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

You have also missed out on naming Ohalipin who i hear is not going to be offered another contract.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

OHalipin is contracted until 2011, he does not need to be offered another contract for a little while yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 am 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:
lawrence_angwin wrote:

Maybe, but with Bock going where would he fit in given that they want to have a core of 8-10 quality mature recruits and their best youngsters developing alongside them at snr level.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 am 
Ken Hunter

get rid of the hacks wrote:
club29 wrote:
lawrence_angwin wrote:

Maybe, but with Bock going where would he fit in given that they want to have a core of 8-10 quality mature recruits and their best youngsters developing alongside them at snr level.

I was thinking that last night, can't see a spot for him at GC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

Full back?

Harbrow Thornton K.Hunt
Player X Bock Player x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 am 
Rod Ashman

I like the theory that's Thorton's already off to the GC, but he's contracted until the end of 2011, so
the only way he can get their is with a trade, (which obviously hasn't happened yet).

Unfortunately our trading power with him has been reduced a bit now that we've made it so bloomin' obvious that he's not welcome at P.P. , ie everyone will know that we're desparate to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:58 am 
Rod McGregor

How about you come up with an originakl name for starters !!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigKev wrote:
I like the theory that's Thorton's already off to the GC, but he's contracted until the end of 2011, so
the only way he can get their is with a trade, (which obviously hasn't happened yet).

Unfortunately our trading power with him has been reduced a bit now that we've made it so bloomin' obvious that he's not welcome at P.P. , ie everyone will know that we're desparate to get rid of him.

yeah but you don't play anyone based on wanting to increase trade value. You pick your best team and Carlton don't believe he is in it. Nothing you can do.

He was a PSD pick and we have got a lot out of him. He deserves some credit for battling hard in our worst on field team in history.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

T-Bird is obviously out of favour, but I'm not jumping to the conclusion yet that we won't see him in Navy Blue again. I understand he's contracted for another year, so a lot of water would still have to go under the bridge for him to end up at another club next year...

AFL quality key defenders don't grow on trees and we won't give him up for nothing. Another club will have to come to the party at the trade table. And even though T-Bird's currency has dropped this year, I think a draft pick under #30 is still realistic.

Otherwise, I hope he stays. He's been a very good servant of the CFC from a young age through some very tough times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
T-Bird is obviously out of favour, but I'm not jumping to the conclusion yet that we won't see him in Navy Blue again. I understand he's contracted for another year, so a lot of water would still have to go under the bridge for him to end up at another club next year...

AFL quality key defenders don't grow on trees and we won't give him up for nothing. Another club will have to come to the party at the trade table. And even though T-Bird's currency has dropped this year, I think a draft pick under #30 is still realistic.

Otherwise, I hope he stays. He's been a very good servant of the CFC from a young age through some very tough times.

Well said ABS................................but could you please explain why he is on the outer.Jammo and Bowser are clearly better players when the "Bird" is close by.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

club29 wrote:
Harbrow Thornton K.Hunt

I've called him many things - but never that!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

club29 wrote:
Full back?

Harbrow Thornton K.Hunt
Player X Bock Krakouer