Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:37 pm 
Bob Chitty

he may slow things up and kick siodeways but at least he has some kicking skills and some poise

that's all

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Post of the week! :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah, then 5 mins in when his opponent marks and he yells at a teammate, I'll want to torch him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 pm 
Trevor Keogh

I agree. Jamison, Bower, and Russell are all out of form in our backline. I really don't mind Thornton coming back next week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:47 pm 
Bob Chitty

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Yeah, then 5 mins in when his opponent marks and he yells at a teammate, I'll want to torch him.

he's yelling at the gooses to help him out

ok i am bias, i saw the kid grow up kicking the footy in the street living opposite me. a really nice guy and i hope he can part of a finals win next week

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sorry, Bret was sent away to fix his slow playing style, and came back exactly the same. Papers stamped, we just need to move on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 am 
Garry Crane

cranium is right. He will not come back. Russ was fine tonight and despite the amount of ball coming in we defended ok. Bower improved as the game wore on.
I am genuinely suprised at all the knee jerking on this forum. I expect a bit more intelligence from our supporters.

Yes we need another tall down back, but it wont be tbird and thus wont be this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 am 
Bob Chitty

maybe at the end of season but the risk taking running style we are trying to take just isnt gonna work without at least 1 semi large dude down back who can take a mark and steady things up a bit. i thought gibbs was excellent in this area tonight. took several saving marks. we need more of it, as someone said the othes down there are headless chooks at moment, who is the leader down there. who comunicates ? whose pointing fingers showen the others to where stand and where to run. cos i see none of that lately. walker is the other chook. put thornoton at full back if need be so he can steady the ship from there and send jamo out to CHB with a licence to run but run in a straight line not like bower who plays ring a ring a rosy with his shadow including an encore and all this before he considers which way he'll run. russell needs someone to get 1 of those shooting machines and slam 1000 footys at him each night at training at all angles so he can practice how to be a 1 grabber. armfields run has been good he just needs a shotgun rider next to him so he can handball off to a good kicker ( like a hill) joseph and ellard cant both be in team. i am leaning towards ellard of late, has much better kicking skills. do they know how to sheppard and block? is it possible gartlett can be given more space ? this happens when he has backup and people shepard. its not so hard. it only hurts a little. i digress. bring back hoops, he''ll float around and find some space on the forward line, kick a couple and set a few up. he'll also push up and receive a few kick ins and will most likely hit a target on the wing

i be back with more

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Springsteen wrote:
he may slow things up and kick siodeways but at least he has some kicking skills and some poise

that's all

Unfortunately Springsteen,
Thornton was not born to run. :smoking:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 am 
Craig Bradley

Unfortunately, Bower's shocker tonight might see him get a look in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 am 
Bob Chitty

Blue Steel wrote:
cranium is right. He will not come back. Russ was fine tonight and despite the amount of ball coming in we defended ok. Bower improved as the game wore on.
I am genuinely suprised at all the knee jerking on this forum. I expect a bit more intelligence from our supporters.

Yes we need another tall down back, but it wont be tbird and thus wont be this year.

neh not knee jerking here, its been going for weeks and weeks , now is the time for me to speak, i am football guru and the time has come for the allmighty faithfull to listen to my football knowledge which always sounds better after a smoke but where were we? yes thornton

he will back next week

we cant go into a game with only 2 big backs and 2 big forwards. hampson and warnock just dont do enough at either end. we have no flexabilty. hendo would have been good if he was down back all 3rd 1/4 but then just waite up forward. i like eddie but a fit and running setanta would have been better tonite.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 am 
Bob Chitty

bluegirl72 wrote:
Springsteen wrote:

that's all

but he has a hungry heart for some success

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I can't think of a worse backman then Bower, simply horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Bower is way down on confidence. When he is up and about he plays in front and hits the ball running ... that is his weapon.

Lacking confidence he takes the behind position and wrestling is not his best thing.

Having said that he has to start to put body and fist into the contest.

With Thornton we could swing things around more ... he could go forward (can catch the ball) and Waite down back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:23 am 
Bob Chitty

Will watch the Bullants game this afternoon.......
Then share an opinion
ABC TV!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Springsteen wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Springsteen wrote:

that's all

but he has a hungry heart for some success

that may be...but he's not on fire...his river is dry(when he goes down to it...)and...its hard to see him making it to the promise land.
Why, it's almost like he's been dancing in the dark.(unfortunately.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I doubt the MC will do it despite the capitals.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 am 
formerly King Kenny

Who will he play on? Jesse White? Swans don't play tall, they play small and too mobile for T-Bird.

Add to that he is an obvious candidate to move on in a few weeks so why bother? Give Austin a game if he performs well today.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 am 
Serge Silvagni

Springsteen wrote:
whose pointing fingers showen the others to where stand and where to run. cos i see none of that lately.

Are you serious?? that is a major flaw in Thornton's game. TOO MUCH finger pointing!!