Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wonder if he'll steal a Brownlow too? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ponkstar wrote:
how-buddy-inspired-blues-sharpshooter-garlett

From yesterday's West Australian.

Quote:
The pair and Eddie Betts became comically known earlier in the year as "Setanta's Little Helpers" as they yapped around the feet of full-forward Setanta O'hAilpin, and coach Brett Ratten quipped there was constant one-upmanship between them.

"I think he (Yarran) is (quickest) by the clock, but Jeffie thinks he's the best mark and Eddie thinks he can kick them from the boundary," Ratten said. "I think they've all got their little mantle of something clever down there. From their kicking goals from the boundary, the boys have their contests during their week and they challenge each other after training.

"They've got outstanding flair. They have a knack of scoring the goals and that's something we don't want to take away from them."

Quote:
Ratten also revealed assistant coach and Carlton legend Craig Bradley had likened Garlett to 1993 Brownlow medallist, Gavin Wanganeen.

"Braddles always says he's got a Wanganeen sort of movement and things like that so I think he calls him 'Little Wangas'," he said.

"He finds the goals like Gavin did. Gavin played over 300 games so hopefully Jeffie can do the same."

The Wanganeen comparison is an interesting one. Hope he's not a cheating littlle prick like Wanganeen was...

my god I hated Wanganeen so much as a teenager. I think that's where my Bummer hatred really started. I was so happy when he went to Poooort and all my Bummer supporting friends were devastated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ah, Gavin Wanganeen, who can forget the sight of him throwing himself violently to the turf at the slightest touch, arms outstretched and head arched backward at an obscene angle?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Ah, Gavin Wanganeen, who can forget the sight of him throwing himself violently to the turf at the slightest touch, arms outstretched and head arched backward at an obscene angle?

Unfortunately he's been reincarnated in Angus More-frees. I wonder if that's one of the directives from the Essendon* board to their recruiting department. We must have at least at 2-3 diving-posers on our list!

From Gavin Wanganeen to Darren Bewick to James Hird to Matthew Lloyd to Angus More-frees and Alwyn Davey. :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Starlet Garlett re-signs

Quote:
Carlton forward Jeff Garlett has capped off a big week by resigning with the club for a further two years.

A cousin of North Melbourne's Cruize Garlett and Hawks star Lance Franklin, Garlett has formed a devastating partnership in 2010 with fellow Blues forwards Chris Yarran and Eddie Betts, known collectively as the 'Three Amigos'.

heh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm 
Bob Chitty

Effes wrote:
Starlet Garlett re-signs

Quote:
Carlton forward Jeff Garlett has capped off a big week by resigning with the club for a further two years.

A cousin of North Melbourne's Cruize Garlett and Hawks star Lance Franklin, Garlett has formed a devastating partnership in 2010 with fellow Blues forwards Chris Yarran and Eddie Betts, known collectively as the 'Three Amigos'.

heh

Great news Jeffy :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

hey, did anyone know he's Buddie's cousin :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

"How Carlton landed the little bloke"

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsar ... fault.aspx

"I remember picking him up at the airport when he flew in from Perth for the first time," Rogers said. "I gave him the spiel about the club and the importance of knuckling down and biding your time to earn elevation to the senior list later in the season. He said to me, 'Oh no, I'll play round one, don't worry about that'. I said to him 'You've got to be elevated prior to round one' and he said 'I will'. and he was."

Gold!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 am 
Ken Hunter

Good news, he is now one of my favourite players. He was on 3aw earlier in the week and it was refreshing to hear the interview as he sounds like a cheeky little bloke.
I was at the family day when he first arrived and when interviewed on stage he was asked about Buddy and he replied that he was a better player (this may be true).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

SnickerS wrote:
"How Carlton landed the little bloke"

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsar ... fault.aspx

"I remember picking him up at the airport when he flew in from Perth for the first time," Rogers said. "I gave him the spiel about the club and the importance of knuckling down and biding your time to earn elevation to the senior list later in the season. He said to me, 'Oh no, I'll play round one, don't worry about that'. I said to him 'You've got to be elevated prior to round one' and he said 'I will'. and he was."

Gold!

Classic :grin: :clap: