Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:40 am 
Rod Ashman

With Mitch wallace's serious injury last night, I was always thinking that Etihad is a stadium that produced more serious injuries than any other stadium

just from observations - apart from the surface, the size is too small with greater chances of collisions

just off the top of my head:

wallace's leg
nathan brown's leg
lewis' head on collision
kruezer's knee

found this article which is of concern:

http://figuringfooty.com/2016/04/25/do- ... at-etihad/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:33 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
With Mitch wallace's serious injury last night, I was always thinking that Etihad is a stadium that produced more serious injuries than any other stadium

just from observations - apart from the surface, the size is too small with greater chances of collisions

wallace's leg
nathan brown's leg
lewis' head on collision
kruezer's knee

I agree. That place is a disaster. Over the Ratten and Malthouse years our seasons took a turn for the worse when when mid winter we had a run of games at Etihad. Injuries would mount quickly. Players start playing with niggles.
I doubt a team that plays often there will win a flag. Rock hard ground with a top surface that moves just enough to cause issues.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

wallace's leg
nathan brown's leg
lewis' head on collision
kruezer's knee

I agree. That place is a disaster. Over the Ratten and Malthouse years our seasons took a turn for the worse when when mid winter we had a run of games at Etihad. Injuries would mount quickly. Players start playing with niggles.
I doubt a team that plays often there will win a flag. Rock hard ground with a top surface that moves just enough to cause issues.

my first post at the start of this thread is that no one has won a flag with etihad as a home ground - only happened in the first year in 2000 with Essendon*.

one could clearly now argue the 1st year was irrelevant as the stadium issues have not taken effect on and off the field.

given the dogs serious injuries at etihad this year- they unfortunately will not win the flag this year imo as they are starting to drop off when teams should be picking up at years end

everyone blames collo - i dont - i blame Fitzpatrick that built the disaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:38 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Haha. So Essendon* won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

This is an illogical argument. By all means, criticise Etihad, but teams not winning flags is irrelevant.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

This is an illogical argument. By all means, criticise Etihad, but teams not winning flags is irrelevant.

Thats your opinion. The fact that no premierships have been won is a fact ...because the clubs are damaged because of etihads on and off field constraints.
Essendon* 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon*** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Thats your opinion. The fact that no premierships have been won is a fact ...because the clubs are damaged because of etihads on and off field constraints.
Essendon** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon* played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

Now, playing at Junction Oval, that's another story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon**** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Essendon*** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon** played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

I gave the reason why Essendon* won the flag in 2000 - it was the first year- when all the on field and off field constraints have not kicked in as yet

agree to disagree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon***** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Essendon**** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon*** played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

I gave the reason why Essendon** won the flag in 2000 - it was the first year- when all the on field and off field constraints have not kicked in as yet

agree to disagree

I see. So you're saying that Carlton, Footscray, North, and Essendon* didn't win flags the past 15 years because....... they played home games at Etihad???

You sure it couldn't have had the tiniest bit to do with that they were shithouse?

You're taking things in common and attributing false cause without any evidence. That's a logical fallacy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:07 am 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon****** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Essendon***** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon**** played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

I gave the reason why Essendon*** won the flag in 2000 - it was the first year- when all the on field and off field constraints have not kicked in as yet

agree to disagree

I see. So you're saying that Carlton, Footscray, North, and Essendon** didn't win flags the past 15 years because....... they played home games at Etihad???

You sure it couldn't have had the tiniest bit to do with that they were shithouse?

You're taking things in common and attributing false cause without any evidence. That's a logical fallacy.

there are various reasons why Carlton, Footscray, North, and Essendon** are shithouse in your words - but my take is that there are common factors that apply to all home teams at Etihad that constrain the clubs to the point where they dont win premierships

this thread has thrashed it out:

1 poor playing surface
2. lack of playing space
- 1 and 2 contributing to more serious injuries - see the link to the article I pasted above
3. financial killer - appears to involve that a club leases the ground for the home game on a game basis - which sets up a debt for that daily use - the membership cards of members literally swipe a fee off the debt for that game - which sets up the critera that north and footscray have to get 30,000 attendances to break even. Couple that with AFL control of etihad with the broadcasting rights in the hands of the AFL, the AFL has 3 income streams from Etihad (1) tv rights (2) gate receipts (3) merchandising and food.

Thats why if we had a Carlton Board with some onions and big vision we would build Princes park, so we can take the entire gate receipts and control our revenue - that could be one reason why we have a continual debt presently at 6.4m

[as a related point - hawks get 35 million for Tasmania]

4. not the ground where the grand final is played

so what i am trying to say my carlton friend is that if you combine all of the above they act a counterweight/factor to make us a poor performer on and off field and prevent us from winning a premiership

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:22 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Essendon****** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon***** played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

I gave the reason why Essendon**** won the flag in 2000 - it was the first year- when all the on field and off field constraints have not kicked in as yet

agree to disagree

I see. So you're saying that Carlton, Footscray, North, and Essendon*** didn't win flags the past 15 years because....... they played home games at Etihad???

there are various reasons why Carlton, Footscray, North, and Essendon*** are shithouse in your words - but my take is that there are common factors that apply to all home teams at Etihad that constrain the clubs to the point where they dont win premierships

this thread has thrashed it out:

1 poor playing surface
2. lack of playing space
- 1 and 2 contributing to more serious injuries - see the link to the article I pasted above
3. financial killer - appears to involve that a club leases the ground for the home game on a game basis - which sets up a debt for that daily use - the membership cards of members literally swipe a fee off the debt for that game - which sets up the critera that north and footscray have to get 30,000 attendances to break even. Couple that with AFL control of etihad with the broadcasting rights in the hands of the AFL, the AFL has 3 income streams from Etihad (1) tv rights (2) gate receipts (3) merchandising and food.

Thats why if we had a Carlton Board with some onions and big vision we would build Princes park, so we can take the entire gate receipts and control our revenue - that could be one reason why we have a continual debt presently at 6.4m

[as a related point - hawks get 35 million for Tasmania]

4. not the ground where the grand final is played

so what i am trying to say my carlton friend is that if you combine all of the above they act a counterweight/factor to make us a poor performer on and off field and prevent us from winning a premiership

Fair enough. That's actually a pretty good argument for your proposition, and believe it or not, has made me think about it. Not sure I agree entirely, but I now see your point. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:29 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Get used to playing Essendon* and the MCG and playing against Jack Reiwoldt

My info is the Bombers would trade pick 1 for Jack Reiwoldt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

trublu wrote:
Get used to playing Essendon** and the MCG and playing against Jack Reiwoldt

If that is true I withdraw my protest about Essendon* getting the number one draft pick.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

trublu wrote:

If true. ..Essendon* would be crazy to do that...

But then again....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:01 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Any chance they'd take Casbault instead?

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Please do that trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Haha. So Essendon**** won one. St Kilda made two GFs and actually drew one, so that wasn't Etihad's fault. And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Essendon*** 2000 was an abberation in that etihads constraints have not fully kicked in its first year but they got the best financial deal as the first tenant.

Wtf are you talking about? You said playing at Etihad makes you not win flags. Essendon** played there and won a flag. Ergo, what you said is incorrect.

Western Bulldogs have not won a flag since playing at ES. They won 100% of theirs at the Western Oval. Suck on that, Moshe!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:09 am 
John Nicholls

trublu wrote:

Matthew Lloyd's recent article in the paper about Jack Reiwoldt...................................................... coincidence?

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:20 am 
Harry Vallence

The race for Reiwoldt...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:52 am 
Wayne Johnston

Seeing geelong have a massive party at their home ground to honour their great players after the siren at a milestone game got me missing the old Princes Park days. It will never be like that for the clubs that don't have a proper home ground.

Teams with proper home grounds have a massive advantage over the rest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:17 am 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
Seeing geelong have a massive party at their home ground to honour their great players after the siren at a milestone game got me missing the old Princes Park days. It will never be like that for the clubs that don't have a proper home ground.

Teams with proper home grounds have a massive advantage over the rest.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next