Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:04 am 
Ken Hunter

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
club29 wrote:
Seeing geelong have a massive party at their home ground to honour their great players after the siren at a milestone game got me missing the old Princes Park days. It will never be like that for the clubs that don't have a proper home ground.

Teams with proper home grounds have a massive advantage over the rest.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :thumbsup:

Yep. Broken record for years but facts are facts. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:50 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
club29 wrote:
Seeing geelong have a massive party at their home ground to honour their great players after the siren at a milestone game got me missing the old Princes Park days. It will never be like that for the clubs that don't have a proper home ground.

let us all keep punching Surrey - there are 3 on our side now :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:04 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
club29 wrote:

Watching that last night was pretty sad for Carlton long before you even think about the on field advantage of having your own patch. Not sure how there could be any argument that says such an advantage does not exist.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
club29 wrote:

Watching that last night was pretty sad for Carlton long before you even think about the on field advantage of having your own patch. Not sure how there could be any argument that says such an advantage does not exist.

not a good day to discuss club 29- i am so angry Carlton is playing in Tasmania - an insult to our brand, membership and history

but then again - Carlton boards since 2000 have continually insulted our own brand that got us into this position, which I fear will stay and never recover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Was it our choice to play there?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Only Melbournians, and preferably from inner north, can support Carlton. The rest of you peasants can go spin.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
club29 wrote:

Yeah, I'm spilled milk too, but let me state the obvious, just on the playing advantages let alone financial or otherwise

1. This is our turf, you are not welcome here, you do not have an even chance of winning this game, @#$%&! off, and enjoy the cold showers while you're at it
2. This ground only holds 30000, we will pack it out with our supporters, your supporters won't get in, it isn't even worth turning up, you'll only get shit seats if you do get in, and your team will inevitably get beaten. And that's not to mention how unpleasant it will be for you being so outnumbered.
3. Our ground is an unusual shape, different width and length from any other ground, our grass is different, we cut it differently, the ball bounces differently, the winds are flukey, we train here 4 times per week, we play here every second or third week, you'll only get to play on it once a year at most, you may not have played here for 10 years except when we meet you here in the first week of the finals, you'll never become familiar with it, you won't know how to kick for goal, your game plan won't be adapted to the unusual shape of the ground yet it suits us perfectly.
4. Our supporters will outnumber you 5 to 1. Our crowd will drown you out, it will influence the umpires, we will get more free kicks, the umpires are always influenced by this.

And so on and so on

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Not to mention that those hillbillies from Geelong had almost their entire stadium redevelopment and therefore financial future funded and assured by the State Government and our taxes while we almost went bankrupt paying for the Legends stand and PP redevelopment all by ourselves, all of course to no avail
PS. I have found that I am much more likely to post after a few drinks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

club29 wrote:

Yeh, playing at home at the MCG has benefited Richmond and Melbourne big time :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

RickJ wrote:

Yeah, I'm spilled milk too, but let me state the obvious, just on the playing advantages let alone financial or otherwise

1. This is our turf, you are not welcome here, you do not have an even chance of winning this game, @#$%&! off, and enjoy the cold showers while you're at it
2. This ground only holds 30000, we will pack it out with our supporters, your supporters won't get in, it isn't even worth turning up, you'll only get shit seats if you do get in, and your team will inevitably get beaten. And that's not to mention how unpleasant it will be for you being so outnumbered.
3. Our ground is an unusual shape, different width and length from any other ground, our grass is different, we cut it differently, the ball bounces differently, the winds are flukey, we train here 4 times per week, we play here every second or third week, you'll only get to play on it once a year at most, you may not have played here for 10 years except when we meet you here in the first week of the finals, you'll never become familiar with it, you won't know how to kick for goal, your game plan won't be adapted to the unusual shape of the ground yet it suits us perfectly.
4. Our supporters will outnumber you 5 to 1. Our crowd will drown you out, it will influence the umpires, we will get more free kicks, the umpires are always influenced by this.

And so on and so on

I am not sure what your point is?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Bloody hell... It's bad enough hearing about the 'travel factor' after a trip to Perth...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
RickJ wrote:

And so on and so on

He's agreeing with you numpty

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
RickJ wrote:

And so on and so on

He's agreeing with you numpty

please explain to me numpty?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Tell me, what are your thoughts on Ken Hinkley?

Devastated it took me this long.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:53 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

bluehammer wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
And then Carlton, North, and Footscray have been shit anyway so it wouldn't matter if they played at Wembley they still wouldn't have won a flag.

Bloody hell... It's bad enough hearing about the 'travel factor' after a trip to Perth...

:lol:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 pm 
Wayne Johnston

chubbyruss wrote:
club29 wrote:

Yeh, playing at home at the MCG has benefited Richmond and Melbourne big time :grin:

Exactly. Not a proper home ground. When did they last win a flag. Not unless you get the 17 games there a year like Collingwood did in 2010.

How sad was it that we will never again have a 'love in' anything like what the Cats had the other night !

PS. My original post was not really about us playing at the MCG. More an observation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
RickJ wrote:

And so on and so on

I don't think it could be more clear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
Tell me, what are your thoughts on Ken Hinkley?

Devastated it took me this long.

:lol: ladies and...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:03 am 
Robert Walls

Where are we at with the ES deal ending? Is that this year? Has a new deal been brokered for us to play more games at the G?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Have you been playing around on Bigfooty Mr Mosquito Fleet? Hilarious Princes Park thread there that has your fingerprints all over it.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next