Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:18 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin wrote:
Sounds as though you've got splinters Cretylus...hop off the fence.

from this comment you concluded that I am sitting on the fence?

"....Etihad is a great stadium to watch footy at - but the "G" is better, on all counts except when it rains"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am 
Craig Bradley

Outside of any unlikely goings on with the AFL buying the stadium, can Etihad Stadium justify giving us a "better than the G" deal ahead of tenants like the Saints, Dogs, North; who've been absolutely reamed for years on their deal?

They may not be able to justify losing us as a tenant to the G either, but in the process of obtaining that deal, are we just fattening up a deal for those three tenants (and possibly Essendon*) down the track, so its no longer that great an offer by comparison?

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I wouldn't mind,
but players reckon it's harder on their bodies playing on top of a car park.
The less injuries and strain on bodies, the better.

Post subject: Carlton's home: the 'G
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:
Synbad wrote:
One thing is for sure.
This game cant afford itself.....

To be fair there are plenty of clubs across all codes struggling, it's not just AFL

yeah but this game cant grow anymore..this is it!!!! its pot bound....

Soccer can grow.

watch what happens with Melbourne City over the next five years and then watch how this also pulls up Victory

Geriatrics is all I see, when they start sending their youngsters I'll take notice that they're taking it seriously

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:50 am 
Craig Bradley

The Rhino wrote:
Outside of any unlikely goings on with the AFL buying the stadium, can Etihad Stadium justify giving us a "better than the G" deal ahead of tenants like the Saints, Dogs, North; who've been absolutely reamed for years on their deal?

They may not be able to justify losing us as a tenant to the G either, but in the process of obtaining that deal, are we just fattening up a deal for those three tenants (and possibly Essendon**) down the track, so its no longer that great an offer by comparison?

With what's about to happen to Essendon* I'd say we are in a good place.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am 
Bruce Doull

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:
Synbad wrote:
One thing is for sure.

To be fair there are plenty of clubs across all codes struggling, it's not just AFL

Soccer can grow.

watch what happens with Melbourne City over the next five years and then watch how this also pulls up Victory

Geriatrics is all I see, when they start sending their youngsters I'll take notice that they're taking it seriously

every kid will want a gig with manchester city... i mean melb city soon.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am 
Craig Bradley

teagueyubeauty wrote:
The Rhino wrote:

They may not be able to justify losing us as a tenant to the G either, but in the process of obtaining that deal, are we just fattening up a deal for those three tenants (and possibly Essendon***) down the track, so its no longer that great an offer by comparison?

With what's about to happen to Essendon** I'd say we are in a good place.....

I'd be more worried that the AFL lean on Etihad to ensure they get a very good deal, more than anything.

Can't be seen to be financially propping up drug cheats through the CBF..

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:
Synbad wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:
Synbad wrote:
One thing is for sure.

Soccer can grow.

every kid will want a gig with manchester city... i mean melb city soon.....

Every kids been wanting to play for Man United for 20 years, I guess geriatric city carries on.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

it actually doesnt work like that....
mc is the only direct pipeline into the EPL....

And youll see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Soccer has been going to take over as our premier sport for as long as I can remember.
Never happened
Wont happen and if you think it will you are in lala land

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

yes... footy is capturing the imagination of people right now.

im not in lala land
as asia grows in influence and money.. watch clubs get snapped up and playing in asian club championships etc

thats where the money will be....

and if u r keeping a close eye on the australian demographic .. youll probably notice some changes...

thats going to be a continuing trend....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

West Sydney Wanderers giving GWS Giants a bath in the Sydney market, and the AFL is hating every minute of it. Might as well be flushing the millions they re spending on GWS down the toilet.
Add to that Melb Victory making some inroads into the Melbourne market, as many of their games attract similar / bigger crowds then many North / Doggies / Dees / Saints home games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

MLG in his interview on Saturday night said there will be an announcement about home games next year very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dominator_7 wrote:
West Sydney Wanderers giving GWS Giants a bath in the Sydney market, and the AFL is hating every minute of it. Might as well be flushing the millions they re spending on GWS down the toilet.
Add to that Melb Victory making some inroads into the Melbourne market, as many of their games attract similar / bigger crowds then many North / Doggies / Dees / Saints home games.

Thats because the wanderers are winning and GWS is not
You watch them jump on the bandwagon once GWS becomes a force it will be standing room only.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

You watch them jump on the bandwagon once GWS becomes a force it will be standing room only.

No... not a chance in hell

You sound like Sheedy

Western sydney has more registered soccer players than it does rugby league. Very little alf interest I'm afraid... I know... I have half my family living there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Meh, the Sydney market is [REDACTED] up.....nobody goes to anything up there, the only guarantee you've got to draw a decent crowd in Sydney is to be successful on the pitch. SB is right in this instance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hornet wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

No... not a chance in hell

You sound like Sheedy

Western sydney has more registered soccer players than it does rugby league. Very little alf interest I'm afraid... I know... I have half my family living there.

Sydney has always as far as I can remember had more registered soccer players. Mums dont want their little boys playing league.
So nothing will change there
Sydney loves winners they hop on a winner like no one else .You see it with The swans , wanderers and league . When parramatta is winning they come out in droves.
If GWS start winning the social set will jump on board .Remember the Sydney Kings it was standing room only the were the flavour of the year as soon as they started losing it was goodnight.Tickets to the swifts were hard to get a while back they are giving them away now.
Win and they will come

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 pm 
formerly King Kenny

emtwenty wrote:
MLG in his interview on Saturday night said there will be an announcement about home games next year very soon.

Yep, back to Princes Park where we can fill the seats for a home game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

6 Home Games MCG, 5 Etihad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

Yes by giving them a good fixture.. Unlimited early picks... Unlimited money subsidies and also unlimited draft picks.
Yes sure! Artificial stuff always works. Lol
So what you're saying is GWS will be flying as long as it wins every flag.
Right! Gitchya!

You're funny....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next