Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:37 am 
Rod Ashman

To be honest I don't get all the hate for Docklands. It is next to a railway station and the tram and is more central than the MCG for everyone, not just the east and the south, and it is way better for night games held between May and August (ie most of the season). I'd love Saturday arvo games at the MCG and nightames at Docklands. Also it has more atmosphere for games attracting 30-45k. Whatever deal we have is another issue but if we get a good deal for sharing games between the G and Docklands, I have no objection to docklands.

I know it is old fashioned, but I miss PP. If we could have 3 or 4 games there like Hawks in Tas it wd give us a point of difference to other clubs and wd sell out each time as people seek to get away from the homogenised bland corporatisation of the game. I know it wd costs heaps to get it up to speed, maybe Jenny Pratt and Bruce M cd put in $10m to get it up to standard, because just on match receipts we wd make way more than a 30k game anywhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Steve_C7 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
I am reviving this thread:

2001 Brisbane - Gabba
2002 Brisbane - Gabba
2003 Brisbane - Gabba
2004 Port Adelaide - AAMI
2005 Sydney - SCG
2006 West Coast - Subiaco
2007 Geelong - Skilled
2008 Hawthorn - MCG
2009 Geelong - Skilled
2010 Collingwood - MCG
2011 Geelong - Skilled
2012 Sydney (SCG)
2013 Hawthorn (MCG)
2014 Hawthorn (MCG)
2015 Hawthorn (MCG)

Apart from the exceptional first year of 2000 with Essendon*** (read the thread), having a home ground at Etihad will not generate a Premiership.

Carlton under the judge now has an even split of home games at MCG and Etihad

We need to get more home games at the MCG for Premiership success at Carlton...

FYI Hawthorn has a higher winning % at Etihad than MCG and as per your own post, the Premier's all have different size grounds from the small SCG to the long Subiaco.

Time to lose the hor$e$hit and accept that good teams perform no matter the ground and we have not been a good team in the last 15 years.

Look at the premiership record....its undeniable. ..etihad.is a killer for no premierships and no profits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Steve_C7 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

2001 Brisbane - Gabba
2002 Brisbane - Gabba
2003 Brisbane - Gabba
2005 Sydney - SCG
2007 Geelong - Skilled
2008 Hawthorn - MCG
2009 Geelong - Skilled
2010 Collingwood - MCG
2011 Geelong - Skilled
2012 Sydney (SCG)
2013 Hawthorn (MCG)
2014 Hawthorn (MCG)
2015 Hawthorn (MCG)

Apart from the exceptional first year of 2000 with Essendon*** (read the thread), having a home ground at Etihad will not generate a Premiership.

FYI Hawthorn has a higher winning % at Etihad than MCG and as per your own post, the Premier's all have different size grounds from the small SCG to the long Subiaco.

Time to lose the hor$e$hit and accept that good teams perform no matter the ground and we have not been a good team in the last 15 years.

Look at the premiership record....its undeniable. ..etihad.is a killer for no premierships and no profits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am not convinced Mosquito. All the list proves is that the most talented side usually wins the flag. The notable thing about that list is that almost all of the premiers this century have played very few games at the MCG, and half the flags have been won by non Melbourne sides and 40% by interstate sides. I think fortnightly interstate travel is much more of a hindrance than playing at Docklands.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

gerry atric wrote:
I know it is old fashioned, but I miss PP. If we could have 3 or 4 games there like Hawks in Tas it wd give us a point of difference to other clubs and wd sell out each time as people seek to get away from the homogenised bland corporatisation of the game. I know it wd costs heaps to get it up to speed, maybe Jenny Pratt and Bruce M cd put in $10m to get it up to standard, because just on match receipts we wd make way more than a 30k game anywhere else.

:donk:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

gerry atric wrote:
To be honest I don't get all the hate for Docklands. It is next to a railway station and the tram and is more central than the MCG for everyone, not just the east and the south, and it is way better for night games held between May and August (ie most of the season). I'd love Saturday arvo games at the MCG and nightames at Docklands. Also it has more atmosphere for games attracting 30-45k. Whatever deal we have is another issue but if we get a good deal for sharing games between the G and Docklands, I have no objection to docklands.

A beautiful post,and apart from being beautiful,so much COMMON Sense...............great stuff Gerry.

Post subject: Carlton's home: the 'G
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

gerry atric wrote:

I wrote something similar a while back. Our unique identity is on the line, spilt between the 'G and soulless Etihad. Look at the biggest EPL clubs, they still gave their 30k fortresses and their salary cap is slightly more than ours.

Vision, people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Their tickets are also £65 a pop to be fair...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

2001 Brisbane - Gabba
2002 Brisbane - Gabba
2003 Brisbane - Gabba
2005 Sydney - SCG
2007 Geelong - Skilled
2008 Hawthorn - MCG
2009 Geelong - Skilled
2010 Collingwood - MCG
2011 Geelong - Skilled
2012 Sydney (SCG)
2013 Hawthorn (MCG)
2014 Hawthorn (MCG)
2015 Hawthorn (MCG)

Apart from the exceptional first year of 2000 with Essendon**** (read the thread), having a home ground at Etihad will not generate a Premiership.

Hang on. You haven't demonstrated ANY CAUSAL LINK between Etihad and not winning flags - just incidental ones.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Collingwood now looking at building their own stadium.....they know the drill on how to build a power club...

dont worry folks...people on this site want us to play 15 home games at Icelands....

regards to Doc Sherrin... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Eddie starting to tread the same levels of hubris which John Elliott displayed at the end of his presidency.

Time to go Eddie before you tarnish and sully a great legacy.

:wink:

15 to 20 years is a long time to be President of a football club.

If Holden withdraw there $3 million per year sponsorship of the Collingwood HQ then Eddies position is nearly untenable.

Time for Collingwood members to have the guts to remove their President, like we had the guts to remove Elliott.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Collingwood now looking at building their own stadium.....they know the drill on how to build a power club...

dont worry folks...people on this site want us to play 15 home games at Icelands....

regards to Doc Sherrin... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Eddie starting to tread the same levels of hubris which John Elliott displayed at the end of his presidency.

Time to go Eddie before you tarnish and sully a great legacy.

15 to 20 years is a long time to be President of a football club.

If Holden withdraw there $3 million per year sponsorship of the Collingwood HQ then Eddies position is nearly untenable.

Time for Collingwood members to have the guts to remove their President, like we had the guts to remove Elliott.

Didn't Holden and other sponsors choose Collingwood was because of the extra exposure they would get from Eddie Everywhere in the media. I think they have succeeded with this strategy. Ironic now they may leave because of Eddie. Just proves his power to pull sponsors.

Now the public and some Collingwood supporters are tired of Eddie. 15 years may be too long.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
gerry atric wrote:

A beautiful post,and apart from being beautiful,so much COMMON Sense...............great stuff Gerry.

Well described Mickstar.

I concur.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:11 am 
Bruce Doull

I think the big problems with Docklands are:

- When they don't run the heating, or when there's a strong wind coming off the bay, it can feel like you're sitting in a morgue in the colder months
- Level 1 seating is awful for viewing the game, especially with how poorly calibrated the LED signage can be, to the point where the game is probably better to watch on level 3
- Price segmenting of seating is ridiculous compared to the G
- The Spencer Street footbridge is woeful for a match between two Victorian teams

Thanks for the location, the roof, the WiFi and the seats, but everything else is shit

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am 
Rod Ashman

jimmae wrote:
I think the big problems with Docklands are:

- When they don't run the heating, or when there's a strong wind coming off the bay, it can feel like you're sitting in a morgue in the colder months
- Level 1 seating is awful for viewing the game, especially with how poorly calibrated the LED signage can be, to the point where the game is probably better to watch on level 3
- Price segmenting of seating is ridiculous compared to the G
- The Spencer Street footbridge is woeful for a match between two Victorian teams

Thanks for the location, the roof, the WiFi and the seats, but everything else is shit

one issue we agree upon

we MUST get all home games at the MCG - bar 3 or 4 for small interstate sides at Princes Park revamped.

when the best seats in Etihad are on level 2 on the wing for AFL members on one side and medallion club the other, you know its not our home ground and a complete dump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am 
Vale 1953-2020

The WiFi is shit too.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:50 am 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

2001 Brisbane - Gabba
2002 Brisbane - Gabba
2003 Brisbane - Gabba
2005 Sydney - SCG
2007 Geelong - Skilled
2008 Hawthorn - MCG
2009 Geelong - Skilled
2010 Collingwood - MCG
2011 Geelong - Skilled
2012 Sydney (SCG)
2013 Hawthorn (MCG)
2014 Hawthorn (MCG)
2015 Hawthorn (MCG)

Apart from the exceptional first year of 2000 with Essendon***** (read the thread), having a home ground at Etihad will not generate a Premiership.

Hang on. You haven't demonstrated ANY CAUSAL LINK between Etihad and not winning flags - just incidental ones.

the above thread shows the causal link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:55 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Afl members don't get level 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 am 
Rod Ashman

gerry atric wrote:
I am not convinced Mosquito. All the list proves is that the most talented side usually wins the flag. The notable thing about that list is that almost all of the premiers this century have played very few games at the MCG, and half the flags have been won by non Melbourne sides and 40% by interstate sides. I think fortnightly interstate travel is much more of a hindrance than playing at Docklands.

1. docklands is a smaller ground with a dangerous surface- afl deny it as you would expect - effects our football performance
2. the financial arrangements kill our club and north and dogs - Essendon* were 1st in and got the best deal- effects our financial performance - dogs and north are looking to play elsewhere - Ballarat etc
3. Geelong lock in 8 home games and win at least 32 points before putting the foot on the false grass- benefits their football performance
4. Geelong pocket $700,000 (?) per home game - benefits their financial performance
4. Hawks have a great Tasmanian deal that benefits them more than ours with etihad-benefits their financial performance
5. Swans have home games on a natural surface and collect all the gate receipts-benefits their financial and football performance

thats a few reasons why swans cats hawks are winning flags over the last 15 years

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:58 am 
Rod Ashman

kingkerna wrote:
Afl members don't get level 2

afl members get aisle 34 and 35

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

location, seating, wifi, viewing, comfort, weather, bridge, membership, roof, it all adds nothing to winning a premiership
the only thing that matters is the surface and its effects on the players
and by all reports it takes its toll on a players body

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next