Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

redback wrote:
location, seating, wifi, viewing, comfort, weather, bridge, membership, roof, it all adds nothing to winning a premiership
the only thing that matters is the surface and its effects on the players
and by all reports it takes its toll on a players body

agree in part - the home ground is a whole of club issue - covers football performance, financial performance and membership performance

as the old military saying goes - "if you control your ground , you control the war"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:
Afl members don't get level 2

Level 2 seats are always going to be the best in the house in a 3-tier system, I'm just saying that the level 1 configuration is a tragic after-thought.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

15 to 20 years is a long time to be President of a football club.

If Holden withdraw there $3 million per year sponsorship of the Collingwood HQ then Eddies position is nearly untenable.

Time for Collingwood members to have the guts to remove their President, like we had the guts to remove Elliott.

:wink:[/quote]

And who did we replace Elliott with?

Collins, who immediately did a deal with the AFL which we are only now starting to rise from. And he was hopelessly conflicted being CEO of Etihad of the time. Look at the deal he made to line his own pocket.

In some ways in hindsight I (almost) wish we kept Elliott who would have taken the AFL to the Supreme Court.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
15 to 20 years is a long time to be President of a football club.

If Holden withdraw there $3 million per year sponsorship of the Collingwood HQ then Eddies position is nearly untenable.

Time for Collingwood members to have the guts to remove their President, like we had the guts to remove Elliott.

:wink:

And who did we replace Elliott with?

Collins, who immediately did a deal with the AFL which we are only now starting to rise from. And he was hopelessly conflicted being CEO of Etihad of the time. Look at the deal he made to line his own pocket.

In some ways in hindsight I (almost) wish we kept Elliott who would have taken the AFL to the Supreme Court.[/quote]

Stop blaming Collins...he was conflicted between insolvency of the club and therefore forced to etihad or voluntarily go to ethihad....carlton had no choice because of elliotts actions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It's not a matter of who replaced him with.

The point I was making by bumping my post - was not to highlight the home ground issue, but to highlight the issue of a President whose been too long in the job.

Arrogance and hubris ultimately take over a persons better judgement.

It was time for Elliott to go and in the current scenario for Collingwood it's time for Eddie to go too.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
I am reviving this thread:

2001 Brisbane - Gabba
2002 Brisbane - Gabba
2003 Brisbane - Gabba
2004 Port Adelaide - AAMI
2005 Sydney - SCG
2006 West Coast - Subiaco
2007 Geelong - Skilled
2008 Hawthorn - MCG
2009 Geelong - Skilled
2010 Collingwood - MCG
2011 Geelong - Skilled
2012 Sydney (SCG)
2013 Hawthorn (MCG)
2014 Hawthorn (MCG)
2015 Hawthorn (MCG)

Apart from the exceptional first year of 2000 with Essendon****** (read the thread), having a home ground at Etihad will not generate a Premiership.

Carlton under the judge now has an even split of home games at MCG and Etihad

We need to get more home games at the MCG for Premiership success at Carlton...

FYI Hawthorn has a higher winning % at Etihad than MCG and as per your own post, the Premier's all have different size grounds from the small SCG to the long Subiaco.

Time to lose the hor$e$hit and accept that good teams perform no matter the ground and we have not been a good team in the last 15 years.

Look at the premiership record....its undeniable. ..etihad.is a killer for no premierships and no profits

Hang on. You haven't demonstrated ANY CAUSAL LINK between Etihad and not winning flags - just incidental ones.

the above thread shows the causal link

No it doesn't. It shows an incidental link.

The fact that shit teams have had Etihad as their home ground has more bearing.

It's like saying that Bob Skilton is a premiership killer. After all, every team that had Bob Skilton as a player or coach, got nowhere near a flag. Now that's definitely true. Is that a causal link? Because it's the exact same logic that you're using.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
redback wrote:
location, seating, wifi, viewing, comfort, weather, bridge, membership, roof, it all adds nothing to winning a premiership

agree in part - the home ground is a whole of club issue - covers football performance, financial performance and membership performance

as the old military saying goes - "if you control your ground , you control the war"

The majority of Geelong's annual profit comes from ground sponsorships and marketing, corporate sponsorship and support, club merchandise sales, membership seat allocation and gate receipts.

We used to be them.........

Ps. Don't even get me started on the Etihad playing surface (concrete) or our gate receipts (if there is any) or our merchandise sales or ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
redback wrote:

The majority of Geelong's annual profit comes from ground sponsorships and marketing, corporate sponsorship and support, club merchandise sales, membership seat allocation and gate receipts.

We used to be them.........

Ps. Don't even get me started on the Etihad playing surface (concrete) or our gate receipts (if there is any) or our merchandise sales or ...

correct again brother :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:

It's like saying that Bob Skilton is a premiership killer. After all, every team that had Bob Skilton as a player or coach, got nowhere near a flag. Now that's definitely true. Is that a causal link? Because it's the exact same logic that you're using.

i dont understand your point

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

It is basic logic as explained below...

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

whatever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:32 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

whatever

No hang on. You cant make a logical error and then just say 'whatever'. Your point is invalid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
No hang on. You cant make a logical error and then just say 'whatever'. Your point is invalid.

whatever :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 am 
Ken Hunter

:lol: ... so the AFL have made (given) all the sh1t ViC teams Etihad as their home ground ....

20 years on and none of these sh1t teams have still not had any success, well blind Freddy would see that as a even a bigger reason for us to move out. :donk:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 am 
Vale 1953-2020

SurreyBlue wrote:
:lol: ... so the AFL have made (given) all the sh1t ViC teams Etihad as their home ground ....

20 years on and none of these sh1t teams have still not had any success, well blind Freddy would see that as a even a bigger reason for us to move out. :donk:

That may be so, but illiterate Freddy may have something to say about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:51 am 
Ken Hunter

Hmmm.....I get the feeling I am luckily I have some 'special' in depth analysis posters on my ignore list...this way, my blood pressure stays in control from their obvious football knowledge. I bet someone is going to spoil it with a quoted reply.......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

.."that's a fair cop" . Thanks for that. Always makes me laugh. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Hmmm.....I get the feeling I am luckily I have some 'special' in depth analysis posters on my ignore list...this way, my blood pressure stays in control from their obvious football knowledge. I bet someone is going to spoil it with a quoted reply.......

You are probably right surrey...there is a mafia on this site...gang up on posters on cue...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

.."that's a fair cop" . Thanks for that. Always makes me laugh. :lol:

Back to carltonsc for you :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

You are probably right surrey...there is a mafia on this site...gang up on posters on cue...

Hey MF, what I find really interesting is that if you call them out they go hiding but behind the keyboard they are very argessive, no it alls. I call it small man's disease. :wink:

But I really am in a much better place since I decided to use the ignore feature. :idea:

Anyway - enough of that, Trigg must get us back to Princes Park for smaller interstate home games. Only then will we truly become a true force in tha AFL again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next