Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 am 
Garry Crane

went to the game today against dogs
started horrible and got worse
no heart
no passion
no leadership
no pride
we have played a steady mediocre brand of footy for last couple months
good teams expose us - rest are a joke
i dont think we should be back more list cloggers such as fish n wiggins
even though i like those blokes
enough mediorcrity
wondering what your opinions are
making finals and not winning one is not acceptable
either play the youngsters or bring back some navy blue passion!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am 
Geoff Southby

Pretty sad to see these types of threads still popping up in 2010, we were supposed to be moving forward, we have gone backwards the last couple of months :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

unfortunately our bed is made in terms of playing personal.

the next 2 years there is not much room to maneuvre.

there is room for change at coaching level though :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 am 
Rod Ashman

You know what they say, it's not the loss but how you respond. Big pressure on our boys next week. Lucky Essenscum got pumped so that'll take some of the heat off our boys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

HELLAS BLUE wrote:
You know what they say, it's not the loss but how you respond. Big pressure on our boys next week. Lucky Essenscum got pumped so that'll take some of the heat off our boys.

why is this lucky? they need and deserve the blowtorch to focussed squarely on their insipid shoulders

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 am 
Serge Silvagni

Need a tall marking forward - Hendo not good enuff yet. Setanta third string.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I really noticed the lack of passion when they ran onto the ground and ran through the banner. It was almost as if they were just going through the motions. Someone needs to remind them about how much money they earn kicking a piece of leather around and be mighty grateful for that opportunity. Bring in incentive based pay I reckon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 am 
Robert Walls

Heartless effort yesterday indeed! :evil: :evil: :evil:

however, it didn't involve fish or wiggins, so i'd suggest look elsewhere for the list cloggers! :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Leading Teams has been there since before Christmas. What exactly are they doing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 am 
Horrie Clover

The_Cranium wrote:
HELLAS BLUE wrote:

why is this lucky? they need and deserve the blowtorch to focussed squarely on their insipid shoulders

I was just going to say exactly the same thing - they deserve some punishment, but then so does Matthew Lappin right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We went to Blacktown with a forward structure based on Hendo - Kruez and Fisher with Yarren and Betts as smalls - We had a midfield with Maclean and Hadley - We alternated the rucks with Warnock and Hampson and later in the game shifted Kruez into the ruck and Hampson forward

It didnt work so based on this they went about changing everything - We went looking for instant gratiffication and in came by the the way of Setanta and the three small forwards

If they had stuck with the original forward structure we would now have had 15 games development into Kruez and Hendo as forward marking options

We would have 15 games development into Rob Warnock

We would have had 15 games of developing a midifeld that provided a chop out for Murph and Judd

and most of all we would not have wasted 15 games waiting for a miracle to occur

We are back at ground zero now with the only player on the list capable of playing the 2nd KPF injured until round 6-7 2011 - With have all but written off Hadley and Maclean and Rob Warnock or Hampson look like they are heading for the trade table

and if Brett Ratten ever plays Setanta Ohalpin again I will be firmly in the Sack Ratten camp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 am 
Adrian Gallagher

I'll back my team, and Ratts. But I cannot support the lack luster zone defence and lack luster spreading!!

We have been smacked by two reasonable teams in Hawthorn and now the bulldogs, by allowing them to play their game.

Ratten is smart enough and good enough to coach, his challenge is to recognise the need to play to our strengths in order to inprint our game!

It's painfully obvious that the possession game, only works when you move the ball forward with speed, if you allow sides to block you avenue to goal and push you sidewards, they then have time to push numbers into our 50.

Stats will paint a very inaccuarte picture, we lost by 68 and where never in the game. We have enough talent to cause teams plenty of concerns, but when players have to stop and think each time they gather the ball, I wonder if their directions are somewhat confusing. Keeping it simple has its place in our game.

We are far better than what we displayed, lift your game Ratts your far better than that too!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 am 
Garry Crane

rips ur own heart out wen ya see such an apathetic performance
im not one to crucify ratten cos i dont know the ins and outs
but surely the players need to be accountable
how about some pride
a team of champions will always loose to a champion team
the saints, the pies (as much as i hate to admitt it) and the cats are the bench mark in selfless footy
we need to take a closer look at them
the indigenous boys are too hit n miss
3 small forwards like that is not a long term solution
garletts pressure is fantastic - yaz is going to be a star
we all luv eddie but maybe we could get a high draft pick for us for GC??
i just dont see us needing to hang on to all 3
and ffs - i want carlos gone
even when he was playing well i knew it was not going to last :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Plenty of personnel problems, but as with all footy clubs, the buck must stop with the coach - and rightly so. Always has and always will. Its simple: Pay out Ratts at years end and GET CHOCO.

Rattens presser did nothing to instill confidence: " I just think we were a bit off - where I don't know". Well if you don't know Ratts.......should you be there ?

In the meantime, play as many kids as possible (Davies, Kerr, Lucas) and clear the decks of deadwood.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 am 
Wayne Johnston

Take playing finals off this years goals. If it happens it happens.
get back to the basics.
Send Houla and Thornton and maybe carrazzo back to the 2's. They are ok and good when we win but they are bad when we lose and its time to phase them out.
Bring in some fresh faces.
Take it one contest at a time.

Get Sticks, Icke, Swann and Ratts to give the player a cook regarding effort. Tell the players the they all need to be united for the push forward. Anyone keen on doing their own thing can do it GC.

Lift Blues !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 am 
formerly BlueRob

I have never seen so many mistakes in a game. Don't blame the coaching staff .. the players were pathetic ... inept and unskilful.

How did we ever beat Geelong and StKilda ...

We are the little girl with the curl.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

This season is gone asfaic. If we make finals, we'll be making up numbers.
I'd like to get some gametime into younger players. I think the results will improve anyway to be honest.
I think Ratten has to forget about saving his job. That's out of his hands. Developing the team is something he can control.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 am 
Bruce Doull

We can't play players before they're ready. Henderson should be eased in and only payed when we have sufficient experience around him. At 19 he's a work in progress and not a #1 forward.

Setanta should be played on the power forwards where he gained credibilty a few years ago - he's not a forward and never will be!

We were beaten by a better team but we were beaten by a far, far better coach. To leave Setanta up forward when he couldn't get near it, and watch Hall take us apart at the other end was so frustrating. Setanta has beaten Hall before - it was worth a go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 am 
Ken Hunter

buzzaaaah wrote:
This season is gone asfaic. If we make finals, we'll be making up numbers.
I'd like to get some gametime into younger players. I think the results will improve anyway to be honest.
I think Ratten has to forget about saving his job. That's out of his hands. Developing the team is something he can control.

Agree. I doubt we will make finals now anyway. We have to win at least another 3 games and looking at our draw i honestly cant see us winning the required 3.
Play the young kids now.
I am really disillusioned with the club at the moment. Ratten said after the match that it showed how far off we are. I have a question. WHY are we so far off?
We have been back in the draft for 6 years now, we have 3 number one draft picks, we have Chris Judd.
Richmond, Melbourne and North will go past us now. Melbourne have had the draft picks but the other two havent.
There are no excuses and there needs to be some answers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am 
Bruce Doull

I agree with most of that kezza accept the play the kids bit. You can't just play kids that aren't ready. We need to put a winning team on the park and win at all costs - not go down at the hands of wooden spooners. The best experience players can get is playing finals footy. If we scrape hom and manage an MCG final against Hawthorn, anything can happen. If we don't make it, we'll know where we, and the coaching panel stand.