Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Mick Malthouse
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:04 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

That performance would not have been tolerated by a team under Malthouse.
I understand that footy is an emotional game, and supporters are quick to blame the coach for poor performances, but our side is manically under performing. We are not playing anywhere near the standard we have set ourselves against Geelong and St Kilda. The simple fact is Malthouse demands a consistent effort- he eeks every last ounce of talent out of his playing list, while we consistently carry 6-7 players. This is fundamentally a coaching issue, NOT a talent issue.

We have waited 10 years to get our side to be consistent finals performers again. We have the list to be consistent finals performers, but we need the BEST coaches to get us there.

Our board has a duty of care to the members and supporters to sound out Malthouse for 2011. They are being derelict in their duty, as the executive of our football club, if they do not.

Post subject: Re: Mick Malthouse
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Carlton + Malthouse = NIGHTMARE!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

verbs wrote:

Carlton + Ratten = Nightmare

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Josh Kaplan wrote:
That performance would not have been tolerated by a team under Malthouse.
I understand that footy is an emotional game, and supporters are quick to blame the coach for poor performances, but our side is manically under performing. We are not playing anywhere near the standard we have set ourselves against Geelong and St Kilda. The simple fact is Malthouse demands a consistent effort- he eeks every last ounce of talent out of his playing list, while we consistently carry 6-7 players. This is fundamentally a coaching issue, NOT a talent issue.

We have waited 10 years to get our side to be consistent finals performers again. We have the list to be consistent finals performers, but we need the BEST coaches to get us there.

Our board has a duty of care to the members and supporters to sound out Malthouse for 2011. They are being derelict in their duty, as the executive of our football club, if they do not.

The role of the coach is to get the most out of his players and get them playing to a plan in all areas of the ground...IMO our coach is failing miserably....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

The old carlton would have been on the front foot trying to nail someone like malthouse or roos. We seem to be happy to be a middle of the road run club now days

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:12 pm 
formerly cj69

Rhys26 wrote:
The old carlton would have been on the front foot trying to nail someone like malthouse or roos. We seem to be happy to be a middle of the road run club now days

time to bring back elliott! :eek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bosman wrote:
verbs wrote:

Finals last year, and again this year, fingers crossed, will hardly be a nightmare.

Malthouse will be Pagan all over again.

That was a NIGHTMARE. Malthouse will be yet another.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Rhys26 wrote:

The old Carlton would've been on the front foot nailing PAGAN!

Yup. That's the way to go.

Last edited by verbs on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

SOS,SOS,SOS,SOS,SOS......

please come home :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I can tell you now - if the Carlton Football Club board approached Peter Sidwell (Malthouse's Manager) about Mick coming to Carlton next year - he would laugh in their face and before he hung up would tell them there wouldn't be enough money in all of China that would take Malthouse to Visy Park.

Find me a better alternative. C'mon..think it through. Doesn't matter if you're for Ratts or against - who would you like to see coaching Carlton? Who is out there who would instill confidence and great tactics and game plans to get this mob where a lot of you think we should be? While you're at it - name some assistants. Because getting rid of Ratten means you have to get rid of Riley and Bradley as well.

Last edited by DocSherrin III on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mate & I often comment with frustration at what Malthouse achieves with his teams.

More often than not he seems to get them into positions where they're at least a chance at the ultimate prize.

Since 2001 they've missed the finals only twice and played off in 2 GFs and also played in a cpl of prelims and this yr again look like challenging.

Fair to say during this time list wise they havent always had the talent of others.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

doofdoof wrote:
Mate & I often comment with frustration at what Malthouse achieves with his teams.

More often than not he seems to get them into positions where they're at least a chance at the ultimate prize.

Since 2001 they've missed the finals only twice and played off in 2 GFs and also played in a cpl of prelims and this yr again look like challenging.

Fair to say during this time list wise they havent always had the talent of others.

They have an average list but are coached very well...we have a much better list but are coached very poorly....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
I can tell you know - if the Carlton Football Club board approached Peter Sidwell (Malthouse's Manager) about Mick coming to Carlton next year - he would laugh in their face and before he hung up would tell them there wouldn't be enough money in all of China that would take Malthouse to Visy Park.

Find me a better alternative. C'mon..think it through. Doesn't matter if you're for Ratts or against - who would you like to see coaching Carlton? Who is out there who would instill confidence and great tactics and game plans to get this mob where a lot of you think we should be? While you're at it - name some assistants. Because getting rid of Ratten means you have to get rid of Riley and Bradley as well.

Point taken Doc. The issue though is Ratten, Riley and Bradley have not been delivering in recent times with their performance trending negative. Today's performance had all the hallmarks of a season spiralling out of control and a club in deep, deep trouble.

Can't see how maintaining the status quo will achieve anything in our current predicament.

What to do?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
I can tell you know - if the Carlton Football Club board approached Peter Sidwell (Malthouse's Manager) about Mick coming to Carlton next year - he would laugh in their face and before he hung up would tell them there wouldn't be enough money in all of China that would take Malthouse to Visy Park.

OK

Coach....SOS

Assistants.....Choco Williams
James Hird
Tom Harley
Brett Kirk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Get Campo now that he has done the hard yards under Knights :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Lets see how Malthouse goes with the pies. They havent won anything to date. Been there over ten years. In the draft all them years. Tanked for high picks in 99' and 05'. Gets the easy draw each year. Has had close to the best facilities for his whole ten years and access to the best people in sport. He has a games plan that gets him more wins than losses but if he coached the blues i am not sure the fans would have the patience for a few years near the bottom as he drilled the "around the boundary" tactic into the team.

I dont hate the guy but i dont think he would be a fit for Carlton and as Dr.Sherrin said he wouldnt come anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Yup club29. Pagan had plenty of success with North with a successful game plan blah blah blah. He was old and dogmatic and the Carlton players couldn't stand him and he was an outstanding failure. Pretty sure Malthouse would follow suit. Old. Dogmatic. Successful (back when Pagan was). Good with kids. Etc etc blah blah blah. He wouldn't win over our players. Would move on others. Will be constantly :roll: ed and we would go backwards another decade.

Old fashioned thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 pm 
Bert Deacon

verbs wrote:
bosman wrote:
verbs wrote:

Finals last year, and again this year, fingers crossed, will hardly be a nightmare.

Seriously Verbs. Do you honestly believe we are going to win the other 3 games this year required? I see us beating the Weagles but based on the last month I am struggling to see us beating any of GEE/ESS/RICH/COLL/FREO/SYD. Maybe Sydney if the team can recover from the confidence destruction that went on tonight. That makes 2.

That said, don't want Malthouse at our club.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Yes well people thought we'd be 1 win and 8 losses by round 9. We won some games no-one in their right mind could have expected us to win. We might do that again. Yeah?

But if we're going to go down the Pagan path again, gee, piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bombers in terrible shape ATM....good chance there