Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Impressive guy. I've liked his interviews so far.

Accountable, emotionally intelligent, no fuss, relatable

I hope he's seriously considered for the job.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
N o jackshit about Teague................just a so so HBF for the Roos and us.Dont know what sort of apprenticeship he has done................was amazed that he got the gig after being in the joint for basically five minutes................What qualities stood out for him to leap frog all the other assistants who have been around for a long time ? who's call was it to appoint this guy out of left field ? like i said,know nothin' about the bloke but has been super impressive from the minute he got the job...........i liked the fact he was respectful of Bolton without the crocodile tears.Good start and if it keeps going he will be hard to overlook.

I think he got the gig ahead of the other assistants because he has coached his own teams (Bullants). Amos is the only other one who has, although that was a grade down on the state league (Barwon comp). Teague was also the 2nd most experienced assistant, after Barker (who didn’t want the caretaker gig again), having done assistant stints at WCE, Saints & Crows.

And yes, he was a battler as a player - but a lot of successful coaches come from that mold of tough defender with limited natural ability who got the most out of themselves (Jeans, Hafey, Pagan, Parkin, Clarkson, Beveridge come to mind, you might even throw Sheedy, Malthouse & Hardwick in that category). My mates used to say that Teague looked like Jane but played like Tarzan.... :smile:

The jury is still well and truly out for me; but credit to him for the way he carried himself in the media over the past 5 days. He’ll be tested over the next 10 weeks, but he finds himself with a great opportunity. Good luck to him :thumbsup:

O K thanks for that answer Sue.......................you are correct,an amazing number of dour tradesman like HBF's have gone on to be successful coaches.Could be an omen coz Teague fits the mould.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Boys wrote:
Is there a touch of Paul Roos in Teague, just the way he speaks in press conferences? Maybe it’s his casual honest approach. He comes across quite impressively IMO.

Whoa, you’re right.

I could have been listening to a more articulate version of Roos in that presser.

I gotta say, Teague was very accomplished in speaking. If he keeps winning and wants the job then it should be hard to deny him.

I love the non cliche approach and lack of footy speak. The honesty was awesome. We will see how he operates when we lose...hopefully that will be some time away.

We could do a lot worse than hiring this guy if they continue to shine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-is-football/b ... TMQNHAiFZs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

How refreshing that he took ownership of his instructions and admitted he’d gone too far.
I like that his cv has several clubs and that he’s been head coach. He had some interesting comments about his time there, and for mine it shows his ability to learn.
Looking forward to seeing what he’s capable of.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:13 pm 
Rod McGregor

AIRCAV wrote:
How refreshing that he took ownership of his instructions and admitted he’d gone too far.
I like that his cv has several clubs and that he’s been head coach. He had some interesting comments about his time there, and for mine it shows his ability to learn.

Yes, a good listen. Humble, intelligent and articulate. Will be an interesting next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

AIRCAV wrote:

I agree. He was great in his post-game.

I really like the guy. He was a great player and a genuinely good bloke. If he can lift this side, he should be given the Box Seat.

He fits the football 'philosopher' I'd love to see at the expense of the 'ideologist' we've had.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

I really like the guy. He was a great player and a genuinely good bloke. If he can lift this side, he should be given the Box Seat.

He fits the football 'philosopher' I'd love to see at the expense of the 'ideologist' we've had.

And apparently his game theory was the complete antithesis of Bolton's, and yet they went Bolton's style because head coach has last say in meetings. Interesting times ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

muzza wrote:
The Duke wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

And apparently his game theory was the complete antithesis of Bolton's, and yet they went Bolton's style because head coach has last say in meetings. Interesting times ahead.
?? Not following, sorry. (not being critical, just not getting what you mean).

I liked some of the changes on the weekend.... Been plenty of games where I would have liked to see ANY changes

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:
muzza wrote:
The Duke wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

I liked some of the changes on the weekend.... Been plenty of games where I would have liked to see ANY changes

Go Blues

It was stated previously and then again on 360 that all assistants had input to the coaching strategies. However, it was Bolton who signed off. Apparently Teague and Bolton did not see eye to eye regarding their game plans. But Teague being the deputy, and team player, went with Bolton's directive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ya know....

i'm having issues with Teague's hair...got a
touch of the Trump verandah goin' on...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 am 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Ya know....

kindest regards tommi

Sakc!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 am 
Bruce Doull

muzza wrote:
The Duke wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

This is exactly what I've been saying for yonks. Bolton had the last say on most things. To say Barker, Teague or whoever should be sakced ahead of Bolton was insane. Bolton was the HEAD coach.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this group can do. They won't win a flag yet, but I think we have the list that can shake the shit out of many sides.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

muzza wrote:
billc3 wrote:
muzza wrote:
The Duke wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:

Go Blues

It was stated previously and then again on 360 that all assistants had input to the coaching strategies. However, it was Bolton who signed off. Apparently Teague and Bolton did not see eye to eye regarding their game plans. But Teague being the deputy, and team player, went with Bolton's directive.
Gotcha, thanks :thumbsup:
Makes sense too

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Blue Boys wrote:
Is there a touch of Paul Roos in Teague, just the way he speaks in press conferences? Maybe it’s his casual honest approach. He comes across quite impressively IMO.

Not for me. Roos certainly doesn't use "I" as much I heard in that first press conference.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 pm 
Wayne Johnston

muzza wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:

Whoa, you’re right.

I could have been listening to a more articulate version of Roos in that presser.

I gotta say, Teague was very accomplished in speaking. If he keeps winning and wants the job then it should be hard to deny him.

I love the non cliche approach and lack of footy speak. The honesty was awesome. We will see how he operates when we lose...hopefully that will be some time away.

I called this years back and copped a bake from other posters. One poster in particular would bring it up all the time to prove how little i knew about the game.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28784&p=1078635&hilit=Teague+Roos#p1078635

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
muzza wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:

Whoa, you’re right.

I called this years back and copped a bake from other posters. One poster in particular would bring it up all the time to prove how little i knew about the game.

Yeah...you did.

I just went and read some of the comments around yours and big Levi gets a number of honourable mentions...alas so too big Sauce Jacobs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
muzza wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:

Whoa, you’re right.

Time for us to play the Karma card and give Adelaide, a little payback, put a 5 year deal in front of their young uncontracted ruckman O’Brien, and threaten to walk him to the PSD, if they won’t “deal” with us during the Trade Period, we’ll even offer to take the contract of the young Bryce Gibbs off their hands, perhaps with a later third round pick.

Honour satisfied.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Haha, love it Agro :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

tommi wrote:
Ya know....

kindest regards tommi

He's trying to make Carlton Great Again :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next