Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:15 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just watched the Teague presser from today. Possibly the most refreshing from a Carlton coach since the Ratten years. Made one realise the waffle that Bolton spewed out. Proof will be in the pudding I guess, but if we're noticing it, I'm sure the players are. imagine how many times they've heard the word 'journey' in 4 years.
The Ratten years??? flower pitiful pressers full of stats and early doors. Mick's first few press conferences were breaths of fresh air, socking it to the likes of Robinson and Stevens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Clayman wrote:
I'm disappointed that they didn't bring Digby Morell in for an assistant role.

If Adrian Deluca isn't brought in to present the guernsey to Josh Deluca, I'm done

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just watched the Teague presser from today. Possibly the most refreshing from a Carlton coach since the Ratten years. Made one realise the waffle that Bolton spewed out. Proof will be in the pudding I guess, but if we're noticing it, I'm sure the players are. imagine how many times they've heard the word 'journey' in 4 years.
The Ratten years??? flower pitiful pressers full of stats and early doors. Mick's first few press conferences were breaths of fresh air, socking it to the likes of Robinson and Stevens.

Ok. The George Harris years maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

So anything from 2002 onwards are the missing years

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:16 am 
Ken Hunter

Barass70 on BF posted that Bolton and Teague didn't agree on forward structures and was a very stubborn coach.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
Barass70 on BF posted that Bolton and Teague didn't agree on forward structures and was a very stubborn coach.

In that Teague wanted one and Bolton didn’t.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:27 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
kezza wrote:

That it what is sounded like. Lets see what our forward structure looks like for the rest of the season.
Couldn't be any worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:30 am 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
kezza wrote:

Haha!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

One thing I noticed is that Teague certainly isn't acting like he's lost a good 'boss' whose approach he respected. Clearly relishing the role and jumped into it like a rat up a drain pipe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:48 am 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just watched the Teague presser from today. Possibly the most refreshing from a Carlton coach since the Ratten years.

Ratten’s pressers were the pits. He spent most of them regurgitating stats.

I agree. Loved him as a player. But as a coach all we seemed to ever hear from him were stats and 'we didn't come to play'. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
kezza wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am 
Harry Vallence

Is there a touch of Paul Roos in Teague, just the way he speaks in press conferences? Maybe it’s his casual honest approach. He comes across quite impressively IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:30 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Boys wrote:
Is there a touch of Paul Roos in Teague, just the way he speaks in press conferences? Maybe it’s his casual honest approach. He comes across quite impressively IMO.
Not really. He manages to finish his sentences.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:

yeah, it's like, cos Teaguey
he doesn't, I mean
that's the difference.
look you can't,
as I was saying,
so...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:42 am 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:

I agree, but the

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:43 am 
Harry Vallence

Gonna buy him a thesaurus as a welcome gift, we almost heard the word 'outstanding' in yesterday's post-game presser as many times as Bolts said 'journey' in 4 years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Impressive guy. I've liked his interviews so far.

Accountable, emotionally intelligent, no fuss, relatable

I hope he's seriously considered for the job.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:00 pm 
John James

Teague on 3AW radio shortly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

N o jackshit about Teague................just a so so HBF for the Roos and us.Dont know what sort of apprenticeship he has done................was amazed that he got the gig after being in the joint for basically five minutes................What qualities stood out for him to leap frog all the other assistants who have been around for a long time ? who's call was it to appoint this guy out of left field ? like i said,know nothin' about the bloke but has been super impressive from the minute he got the job...........i liked the fact he was respectful of Bolton without the crocodile tears.Good start and if it keeps going he will be hard to overlook.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
N o jackshit about Teague................just a so so HBF for the Roos and us.Dont know what sort of apprenticeship he has done................was amazed that he got the gig after being in the joint for basically five minutes................What qualities stood out for him to leap frog all the other assistants who have been around for a long time ? who's call was it to appoint this guy out of left field ? like i said,know nothin' about the bloke but has been super impressive from the minute he got the job...........i liked the fact he was respectful of Bolton without the crocodile tears.Good start and if it keeps going he will be hard to overlook.

I think he got the gig ahead of the other assistants because he has coached his own teams (Bullants). Amos is the only other one who has, although that was a grade down on the state league (Barwon comp). Teague was also the 2nd most experienced assistant, after Barker (who didn’t want the caretaker gig again), having done assistant stints at WCE, Saints & Crows.

And yes, he was a battler as a player - but a lot of successful coaches come from that mold of tough defender with limited natural ability who got the most out of themselves (Jeans, Hafey, Pagan, Parkin, Clarkson, Beveridge come to mind, you might even throw Sheedy, Malthouse & Hardwick in that category). My mates used to say that Teague looked like Jane but played like Tarzan.... :smile:

The jury is still well and truly out for me; but credit to him for the way he carried himself in the media over the past 5 days. He’ll be tested over the next 10 weeks, but he finds himself with a great opportunity. Good luck to him :thumbsup:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next