Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Drafting Scenario
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 am 
Harry Vallence

It's interesting too read how our season will fair according too our fan forums, and everyone talking up possible permutations in relation too our picks at the end of the season.

In particular who we could target in the PSD.

Obviously a long way away.

Particularly the Campo / Whitnall will we won't we scenario.

I have written numerously on the need for us too capture that Priority Pick, and first pick, as well as the PSD pick up front.

Fevola if he is out this week, and French maybe still out will actually be a blessing for us. We can play players, run them hard, try things, come out with some pride and still lose.

Although not ideal, paramount too us moving forward quicker in my own opinion.

Many have mentioned taking (if we get it) Power as a first pick in the PSD if he wanted too come home and too us.

What I don't understand is if (and only if) we end up with Priority Pick, pick 1 and naturally the PSD first pick why we would not look at this:

Example only:

Trading a third pick and a player, say Whitnall to a Lions (if they want him) for a Power, and then using our first PSD pick on another out of contract player.

Obviously a club would prefer something in most cases rather than nothing so would take a reasonable pick and possibly a player in exchange for their out of contract player.

We then get Pick 1 / 2 / 18 / out of contract player and then another out of contract player in the PSD.

Two bites of the cherry. (thanks Tiff)

Without a Campo and Whitnall at the club or on big bucks we have the capacity.

I know a long way away, and I hope we develop, but I personally will swallow my pride too get this sought of scenario.

Note: We may finish higher, we may stay where we are, other clubs may not finish above 20 points and get picks between the first priority pick and first normal pick.

This was inspired by Synbads thread on Campos Contract. (Love your work)