Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Kouta wrote:

I kept reading the article, waiting for the stinger: "The development of Tayte Pears is good news for the Don's backline, which is expected to be without young gun Michael Hurley for a significant portion of the season. Hurley, who is accused of assaulting a taxi driver, faces a lengthy suspension should he be found guilty."

But then I remembered that it's only certain clubs that get the "Herald Sun Treatment", where every single negative is woven into every article about them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Brief heads up to the Age on the front page of todays sports section....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 pm 
formerly King Kenny

I'm surpised the HS counterparts in the UK haven't ran a story involving John Terry and his link back to Carlton's behavioural issues.

John Terry, Captain of Chelsea Football Club (CFC), which infamously are the initials used by the bad boys of Australian rules booze cruise club Carlton Football Club, has been caught cheating with his teammates ex-girlfriend.

Houlihan and Walker were caught in there underwear by bouncers, where as Terry was bouncing in his underwear whilst building a bridge for the ex-girlfriend to climb onto.

Sources say Terry was tied up using handcuffs just like his counterparts at the Carlton Football Club.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:59 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Ross Brundrett and his little miss it and a bit wife, who have opinions on all topics big and small and I am sure in their minds, will save the world from climate change and create world peace just love the blues with a passion. As if anybody gives a fig about Stokes and his sordid dope problems. He has made his own bed let him lie in it.
Ross should maybe concentrate on his own gutter journalism and leave us alone. By the by, I dont think miss it and a bit even farts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

DesEnglish wrote:
Brief heads up to the Age on the front page of todays sports section....

What was it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

Chris Judd cures cancer = Chris Judd puts thousands of researchers out of work

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

How shite is the HUN. A story they wrote well over a month ago still on top of the Carlton section. The booze cruise is in the head line for todays good news.

Did we do something to someone down there? Did our officials or players upset a staff member at the HUN. All I can think of is the Fev incident. Surely they have a vendetta against the club. They have poured negativity all over this great club for nearly two months.

They are making Caro and Fatprick look like angels/supporters of our club.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:27 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Perhaps ch 9 also have a vendetta as they didn't report on the mars story tonight either.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

DownUnderChick wrote:
Perhaps ch 9 also have a vendetta as they didn't report on the mars story tonight either.

While people like Tony Jones are employed by channel 9 you just can't take them seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

DIAMOTISM wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:

While people like Tony Jones are employed by channel 9 you just can't take them seriously.

Jonesy came into my mother's work once...arrogant shithead. He was trying to draw attention to himself by being one of those tools who speak on their phone too loud and trying to get people to say "hey, that's Tony Jones!" My mother said to one of her work colleagues "isn't that Stephen Quartermain from channel 10?'' and he heard it. :lol:

"GIBBS."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

My memories of Tony Jones stem more from a stint doing work experience there, where I had the pleasure of spending a day with one of the other esteemed crew in the sports dept. From his mouth the words "Fat @#$%&!" came out more than once :grin:

EDIT: Name removed just in case :razz:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 am 
Craig Bradley

bloody hell, just how many damn sob sotires do I now have to see in the Herald Sun on bloody Fevola???

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

Ok so it was syndicated form the courier-mail but sheesh, more of the 'oh he's so much happier now' and 'at peace with himself' and 'much better away from that carlton mob'.

I loved this one

"We brought the kids up and we were sitting in the pool late at night after the game and she said, 'Geez I'd love to live here and for you to play for Brisbane.'

"And three weeks later we were here."

Wow, just like that. Was tinker bell there ?

Ok, can I translate?

"So I went to brownlow night, got plastered, made an absolute fool of myself, my family, shamed my club for the umpteenth time. Was the subject of a number of rumors that may or may not have involved sexual assault. Seriously risked sponsorship repercussions to my club."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Thanks for the heads up AIRCAV. Love reading the Fevola articles. There was a good one a few weeks back about him spending some time at one of my old watering holes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

DownUnderChick wrote:

Maybe we should start using Millwall FC's famous chant, just replace 'Millwall' with 'Carlton':
"WE ARE MILLWALL, SUPER MILLWALL, NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

4th Gen Blue Boy wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:

Maybe we should start using Millwall FC's famous chant, just replace 'Millwall' with 'Carlton':

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm 
formerly King Kenny

bluehammer wrote:
4th Gen Blue Boy wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:59 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I'm still trying to work out if bluegirl72 was serious.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

TruBlueBrad wrote:
I'm still trying to work out if bluegirl72 was serious.

Well TBB, I'm obviously not dating Caro...but maybe you can take on that assignment? :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

budzy wrote:
[youtube]OzQKECQgjW8[/youtube]

Into the bin!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 am 
Harry Vallence

Now the Essendon* mouthpiece Robbo in the Herald EssenScum is having dig at Brock not shaking hands,
Kirk is being a smart@rse and this fat fool falls for it.
I assume he thinks Kirky offers to shake players hands before all games?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next