Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Whilst in Melbourne, I spent $3 on a copy of the Herald Sun at the Airport.

No doubt will be my last for some time untill someone convinces me it has improved, changed its anti Carlton bias and has become a "good footy rag" as opposed to self promoting itself as ' The footy rag".

My objective was to read a report dissecting the game quarter by quarter, like the old days.

As we all know the Herald Sun is a Melbourne based paper, and one of the big 4 clubs, Carlton, also calls Melbourne home.

You would be wise to think the Herald Sun would want to position itself as a good source of information for Carlton fans given they are a big part of Herald suns audience and most carlton supporters did not attend the away game in Adelaide.

You'd think Carlton fans in Melbourne would be the Herald sun's targeted audience moreso than Port fans in Melbourne. Wouldn't you? No brainer really.

Did you notice the report in the Herald Sun on the Carlton Port game was written by a South Australian journo?

Who the hell is Richard Earle? Why would Carlton fans want to read a report bias against Carlton. To rub salt in the wound? Rub mud in our face?

Now go and read the report on afl.com.au. When you compare the 2 reports you can see they are chalk and cheese. You would have to question if Richard watched the game on live at the ground let alone live on TV.

14 sentences. That's the report in its entirety. You get longer reports of carlton games in the Sydney Morning Herald, and that's saying something given the Sydney- Melbourne rivalry.

The report was filled with praise for Port and opened with "[Port] ground down Carlton despite losing Amos and Watts to injury in a war of attrition". Is that what really happened? Carlton didn't have its chances in the last?

In fact Watts played until the end of the 3rd quarter and Carlton had taken the lead from Port prior to Watts' injury.

The last sentence of the 14 sentence report Earle states ...

"Power went on a 5 goal blitz. Port defender Dan Houston turned Curnow inside and the Blues star's knee gave way. Curnow returned with his knee strapped but Amon was done within minutes with a knee injury."

Seriously? Is that what happened? No way did that happen as he states. He musn't have been there or even seen the game.

Who is the Editor/ gate keeper to allow some tripe to make it to print?
Who is Eaele's boss?
What are Earle's qualifications?
How can this guy be allowed to write such tripe for a Melbourne audience.
Is this what Herald Sun believes Carlton fans and footy fans deserve to read?

The Herald Sun and Earle should apologise to Carlton fans and put this obvious vendetta against Carlton away....for good.

Lets get real and give Earle the 'heads up' of what really transpired on Saturday:

Carlton came out from the outset and blitzed Port in the first quarter.
It was Carlton's highest scoring first quarter for the last 5 years.
With minutes left in the first quarter Curnow led for the ball and his foot clipped Houston and Curnow fell to ground holding his knee.
Curnow was helped off the ground with an injured knee and didn't return to the field for the rest of the game. (Note:Watts was still playing. He played another 2 quarters.)
Following Curnow's injury Port got one back to cut Carlton's lead at quarter time.

Carlton was left to play without their star forward and it seemed the Blues confidence was down and lost its structure.
The Carlton forwardline was further robbed when Harry McKay went into the ruck to give heir only ruck, Philips, a well deserved rest.
Philips manfully having to take on Ryder and Lycett single handed, needed the rest. Last week the ruck duo demolished All Australian ruckman gawn.
The forwardline was left with no marking targets as McGovern went back to help stem the flow.
As a result in this period of the 2nd quarter Port scored 5 goals to 1.
Carlton was able to regroup in the 3rd where it hit the front in a nail biting game.
With a tiring ruckman and a patchwork forwardline Carlton succommed to the home team with the crowd (and umpires) willing them to get over the line.

Like ex player and AFL commentator, King and others pointed out, the umpires in the first 2 rounds have affected results and are not having a good time ths far in the season. Regardless of the point on the bias umpiring, the journo from South Australia's Advertiser was so off the mark it makes one feel the Herald Sun peddles "FAKE NEWS" to its audience in Melbourne.

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE HERALD SUN.

i'M CONTACTING HS ROBBO TODAY TO ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION, and if Earle was at the game...and can I have my money back because I was after facts when I bought the Herald Sun in good faith, not obvious fake news.

I would be disappointed in any Carlton fan buys the Herald Sun for footy news, given the Herald Sun is clearly anti Carlton, especially when one can access the afl website for more for much more statistics and information for free and based on facts.

This must have been where Jude Bolton got his information on Game day to give his report on the game.
He also said that Port was down 2 rotations and that Charlie came back on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
This must have been where Jude Bolton got his information on Game day to give his report on the game.

Jude Bolton!!!

That's disgraceful too...and I am a Jude Bolton fan....maybe it will be a was a fan scenario if I find out he's a plagiarist.

I'm onto him.

Anyone know how or where I can get Jude Bolton's contact details?

Disgrace. Should be called out.
Its unAustralian.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:

Port were down 2 rotations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:22 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

Curnow did come back on with his knee strapped....to the quarter time huddle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

.........and GWS only had 14 players on the field...

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

I know, but Charlie did not come back on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Clearly Jude Bolton, didn’t watch the game live.

It’s a far cry from the old World of Sport Days, - where they’d send Jim Cleary or Neil Roberts to cover and report on games from any cellar dweller, they’d even have another set of panellists cover the games for the Saturday Night review show “Football Inquest”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

.........and GWS only had 14 players on the field...

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 am 
Craig Bradley

They've been doing this for years with interstate games. Don't think it's about deliberate bias by the paper, but about saving money. Pretty sure they just get their affiliated report that goes in whatever the SA version of the HS is. I think it's the same at the Age.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Time to resurrect the old girl...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Helen D'Amico?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oh wait

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/11/25/ ... afl-dream/
Quote:
Ben Hobbs was emotional after being drafted to Carlton who sacked their coach, sacked their CEO and sacked their coaching staff before they lost their AA quality small forward and AA standard KPP to retirement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kouta wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/11/25/essendon-draftees-really-special-moment-after-realising-afl-dream/
Quote:
Ben Hobbs was emotional after being drafted to Carlton who sacked their coach, sacked their CEO and sacked their coaching staff before they lost their AA quality small forward and AA standard KPP to retirement.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well set up Kouta

makes me sick...happy for the kid, but feel sorry for him at the same time.....have a look at the goof balls he's surrounded by....are they on drugs or something? Have a look at their body shapes. Something suss going on there me thinks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

This is one of their best...

A story about Brett Finch, NRL origin player and commentator.

Yet how do the Herald-Sun frame it?

Let's take a look.

Brilliant use of the translator. Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30