Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

RickJ wrote:
Very very funny. OK I'll join in too.

"Along with Carlton teammate David Hille, Slattery wil tackle the gruelling 1.2km Portsea swim classic today, remarkably, at the same beach at which Slattery's father was linked to the mysterious disappearance of Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt in 1967".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

budzy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I predict this thread to be the mainstay of 2010 :thumbsup:

:?

Why give them the satisfaction?

Stick with your own theories and don't be drawn into the cycle of spin & propaganda. :thumbsup:

Awwww, bad day budzy?

[youtube]OzQKECQgjW8[/youtube]

That'll cheer you up sunshine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 pm 
Wayne Johnston

don't lower yourself by trolling bh.. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

budzy wrote:
don't lower yourself by trolling bh.. :roll:

And you by patronizing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:24 pm 
Wayne Johnston

:garthp:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

budzy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Stick with your own theories and don't be drawn into the cycle of spin & propaganda. :thumbsup:

Because whether we like it or not, the hun will continue to write shit stories and provide fodder for us to take the piss out of.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:43 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Donstuie wrote:
budzy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Because whether we like it or not, the hun will continue to write shit stories and provide fodder for us to take the piss out of.

True donstuie. We shouldn't let them wind us up so much coz as you say it's only fodder.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Don't reckon anyone's wound up budsyblues, just continually entertained by the shiteness of 'journalists' in the state's largest newspaper...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Todays headline "HAITI EARTHQUAKE CAUSED BY NEW CONSTRUCTION AT PRINCES PARK"

They wouldn't be allowed to go that far. "Unconfirmed reports" that they're related, on the other hand...

Or, "sources said" they believed that they were related.

"It's understood the AFL will be issuing a 'please explain' to Carlton about their alleged involvement in the earthquake which killed more than 50 thousand in Haiti. Haiti is an island in the Caribbean, where people like going on boats. Similarly, Carlton players were involved in a booze cruise which may have contributed to the high death toll in Haiti, and the destruction of the Port in Port-au-Prince, which has blocked urgently needed relief efforts making their way to the residents."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Oh Sam Edmund, it's your turn today to make Sam Lane look like a Pulitzer Prize winner, and Sam Newman look like a member of Mensa...

It's not even tricky anymore...

Bomber Seeks Year Two Treasure

Quote:
IT WAS a debut year after which it may have been easy for David Zaharakis to get ahead of himself.

Twenty-one disposals in his first game, multiple goals against Hawthorn and Richmond and of course, a miracle, match-winning major to sink Collingwood on Anzac Day before 84,829 fans.

Inexperienced Carlton rookie David Zaharakis has raised the collective eyebrows of AFL-watchers by declaring he will tear up the competition in 2010.

After the youngster - identified by Robert Walls as being in Carlton's bottom 6 - enjoyed a debut free from any physical pressure that allowed him to rack up valuable SuperCoach numbers, he went on to score opportunist goals against two struggling clubs in Richmond and Hawthorn. His famous kick to win the game against Collingwood, thrown onto the boot and helped through by a strong wind is one he'll remember, despite the club sanctioned celebrations that followed long in to the night, where alcohol was plentiful.
Quote:
Indeed, don't expect this 19-year-old to lapse into second-year blues when he admits increasing his size and aerobic fitness remain a work in progress.

"It's a bit risky in the sense that you can have a pretty good first year and then drop off second year, but the club's been good and 'Knighter' (coach Matthew Knights) is really big on always improving and always getting better," Zaharakis said.

It's believed that Carlton coach Brett Ratten is worried about the 19 year old adding unnecessary bulk to his frame, fearing that it will add weight to a young body and increase the risk of injuries. Injuries Carlton can ill afford after trading away troubled forward Brendan Fevola after a string of alcohol related incidents, and losing Nick Stevens to a long term neck injury.

The brash Zaharakis laughed off his coach's concerns, cockily declaring "I had a great first year, in fact I was pretty unlucky not to win the Rising Star. Most players expect to drop off a little bit, but I reckon I'll just get better. 'Ratts' (Ratten) doesn't know my body like I do."

Quote:
Zaharakis's 10 games in 2009 came between Rounds 2 and 11, before the sizzling start gave way to a form slump, fatigue and a recurrence of the groin problems that bothered him last summer.

Zaharakis' 10 games in 2009 came early in the season, before what all in football circles describe as 'crunch time' in the second half of the year. Performing when the pressure is off is one thing, but once sides started to hit their stride, the Carlton rookie went missing. His form slump, whilst not necessarily put down to a lack of effort at training, poor eating, or alcohol, came at a bad time for the club, who were believed to be furious that a player returning from serious groin problems was not fit mentally and physically for the important second half of the season.
Quote:
And the midfielder, who signed a two-year contract extension in August, declared the Bombers "a lot more advanced" than at this time last year.

"We're pretty confident we can make the finals again and have an impact in that top eight," he said.

"There's no arrogance, but a good confidence about making finals and once we get there doing some damage in September."

The midfielder, who surprised pundits and raised questions over Carlton's contract management by signing a 2 year extension last August, declared the Blues are 'certainties' to make the finals and go deep into September in 2010.

"There's no arrogance" said Zaharakis, clearly contradicting his earlier claims which are sure to drive a wedge between him and coach Brett Ratten, "but we know we'll make the finals and at least make it to the 3rd week".

Quote:
Zaharakis and his Bomber teammates will add a bit of friendly competition to their open training session next Monday with a knockout goalkicking contest.

Zaharakis and his Carlton teammates have, in a shock decision, elected to avoid any match simulation at their open training session on Monday, preferring instead to hold a 'kick and giggle' goal kicking contest. While clearly a nod to the fact that the team will struggle to kick goals this year following the departure of Fevola, it's believed club offIcials would prefer the fledgling utility let his football do the talking rather than his mouth, particularly after an off season where the Blues have endured a number of high profile alcohol related incidents...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:16 am 
Geoff Southby

Nice work BH :thumbsup:

But surely the Hun Translator would make mention of the devout teetotaler struggling to adapt to Carlton's heavy-drinking culture...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

JohnM wrote:
Nice work BH :thumbsup:

But surely the Hun Translator would make mention of the devout teetotaler struggling to adapt to Carlton's heavy-drinking culture...

Carlton Story Translator 2.0 will address these issues :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Robbos back on SEn today..and guess what he talked about?
yep...he said he and family friends talked all matters afl whilst on holiday..but the most popular topic by far was debating which senior player was handcuffed to Levi Casboult.
There favoritescenario was if it had been Chris Judd...but they thought it might be The Chief due to his reputation as a seasoned drinker.
He was surprised that no report had been issued on who it was,so sdon't be surprised if it comes out in HUN next few days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Well to be fair, there's only so many times you can say "Gee, I like the look of Slattery/Zaharakis/Reimers/Neagle/Daniher, they're going to explode this season" whilst pleasuring yourself intensely.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thehalford wrote:
Well to be fair, there's only so many times you can say "Gee, I like the look of Slattery/Zaharakis/Reimers/Neagle/Daniher, they're going to explode this season" whilst pleasuring yourself intensely.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Looking forward to "Carlton Story Translator" on these two:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5820991611

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5820991493

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am 
Wayne Johnston

Agro jr wrote:

+ http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5821034083

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Seriously...
Quote:
The taxi driver, 28, suffered minor injuries.

The Indian taxi driver, who feared for his life after a wave of racial attacks in and around Melbourne, considered himself fortunate to have escaped with minor injuries.

Quote:
Essendon* coach Matthew Knights said late last year that Hurley had to be resilient as he dealt with the fallout from the incident.

I got nothin here but a big :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am 
Harry Vallence

I think its strange that as of this moment 10.30am on Tuesday 19th January - there are no published reader comments on the following stories in the Herald-Sun:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5820991493

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5820991611

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5821034083

Yet any Herald-Sun story pertaining to Carlton's indescretions are not only prominently displayed in the Herald-Sun's online but the readers comments section are still open for any bogan and no-show Scum and Filth supporter to be able to post and publish their bile.

Its interesting that anything that I have tried to post on line to the Herald-Sun to the above stories have not been published on line - have any other posters had similar difficulties??? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 am 
Geoff Southby

Richmond were the darlings of the football media last pre season, and look what happened to them. Let's hope the trend continues with these morons... It is frustrating though, how any negative news coming out of W*nker Hill is played down (if reported at all), while any news coming out of Princes Park is made such a big deal of or given a negative spin it's not funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next