Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Now the HUN has re-ordered the 2003 draft bsed on performance.

WOW.... just WOW!! Zac Dawson ahead of Andrew Walker.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former ... m-breached

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

That's horrendous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

SnickerS wrote:

I think i might cancel my subscription with them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

He must have just written it to create some discussion.
However, he has brought into question his value as a football writer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SnickerS wrote:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

SnickerS wrote:

I saw that yesterday, was going to post but I couldn't stop laughing

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Setting the scene for 2014...

Carlton win easing up without half their top ten from the B&F plus Tex and Tuohy off the ground and the story is the Blues were lucky to hold on and Norf are looking good.

Essendon*** lose and the story (outside Ablett) is how dangerous their forward line will be and prominent mention of who wasn't playing

:roll:

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Ken Hands

I am with you teagueyubeauty Zac ( hack) Dawson better than walks :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:52 am 
Bruce Doull

Wait until Betts kicks a couple of goals against Carlton on Monday, the H-S Translator will be cranked up to 11.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:04 am 
Robert Walls

The Age is getting in on the act now:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/controversy-erupts-over-possible-taxpayerfunded-payment-to-liberal-backbencher-jan-kronberg-20140320-353x7.html

I think the underlying message is:
Politicians are corrupt
Politicians get perks
Carlton is corrupt
So therefore let's attach a photo to this article showing the links between corrupt Carlton and dodgy pollies

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:11 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Bluey44 wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/controversy-erupts-over-possible-taxpayerfunded-payment-to-liberal-backbencher-jan-kronberg-20140320-353x7.html

Politicians are corrupt
Politicians get perks
Carlton is corrupt
So therefore let's attach a photo to this article showing the links between corrupt Carlton and dodgy pollies

That's an outrageous picture to use! Even says in the caption that it was taken in 2007, has she been hiding since then or something that no picture has been taken in the meatime!!!!!!! :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

hotspur wrote:
I am with you teagueyubeauty Zac ( hack) Dawson better than walks :lol: :lol:

Now look here.

that is going TOO FAR.

Hmph.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:04 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

NavyIrish wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:

Politicians are corrupt
Politicians get perks
Carlton is corrupt

That's an outrageous picture to use! Even says in the caption that it was taken in 2007, has she been hiding since then or something that no picture has been taken in the meatime!!!!!!! :mad:

Moshe Goldberg
‏@Moshe_Goldberg
Jan Kronberg article http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/contr ... 353x7.html …. I know Fairfax is broke, but simple google search returns dozens of more relevant pics of her.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:36 am 
John James

I smell a Scum supporter in their ranks. Don't think you're changing the subject!

If anyone's game to find out who their 19 editors barrack for (I don't know whose decision that photo was) I'd say go ahead, if it wasn't going to make it a bigger story than the one that everyone's already forgotten (except for us outraged Blues supporters).

Thanks for driving me further into the Guardian's on-line arms, you wannabe Herald Scum!

(That showed 'em.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

The hoopla over us (God forbid) getting some Friday night games convinces me that this thread deserves to be resurrected.

It might sound like conspiracy nonsense, but to me there is no doubt in my mind that da meedya want us to stay exactly where we are. For them these have been the glory days, starting with us getting busted in 2002, followed by Pratt being hounded by the ACCC, Judd's Visy deal, Malthouse as coach, and we were watching quality players disappear for peanuts and become better than they every could be under our roof.

Now that we have a competent coach, list management strategy and relatively stable board for once, they search for the slightest opportunity to take a shot at us. Whether it be the Trigg "resignation" (which we could've handled much better) or this latest mole hill about the fixture, it's something we'll continue to have to endure. No doubt even when #17 comes our way, there will be some way to hose it down, such as the quality of opposition that year being poor, an injury to some random opposition player, or one dodgy umpiring call in the GF that changed everything and needs to be investigated post-haste. There will be something to try and make the masses feel better, even if it is worth less of a mention than Walks' hat.

No matter what, a successful Carlton is poison to them. On the flipside, a successful * is all their Christmases coming at once.

As a thought exercise, try and imagine the meedya reaction to the following.

Carlton:
- Trade for Stringer, Saad and Smith, while leaving no picks inside the top 40
- Are allowed to return to the AFL, and keep a #1 draft pick (who wins the RS), after a systematic doping scandal (where despite clearly being guilty, the AFL assisted at every turn to get them off). Then actually make it to the finals, before getting flogged in the first week.
- Are given one of the softest draws in the league in 2018 despite making the finals the year before (hypothetically)

Essendon*:
- Give up Heppell (equivalent to Gibbs) but end up with pick 10 and Kennedy, as well as Lang for a 4th round pick
- Have 5 Rising Star noms in one year
- Are given 5 Thursday and Friday night games in 2018, but are forced to play Geelong in Geelong
- Have a couple of years down the bottom while young guys develop

There's your answer.

To me, as we become more successful, the translator will become all the more relevant.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Great resurrection of one of the best threads ever, brilliantly conceived by BH. Read it from scratch again today, laughing all the way. Paranoia does sometimes mean they really ARE out to getcha.
Donstuie, absolutely spot on about the over the top squealing about Friday nights. We got banished from Friday nights for a year or two, this is merely a correction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Brings a tear to the eye Rick... I'll show my grand kids this thread one day!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton have always been hated.
Collingwood was always the battlers from the factory zone and Carlton the silver spooners from Royal Park.
Get used to it. When we start winning again, the hate just makes it all the better.
Trust me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:20 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Carlton have always been hated.
Collingwood was always the battlers from the factory zone and Carlton the silver spooners from Royal Park.
Get used to it. When we start winning again, the hate just makes it all the better.
Trust me.

Just a real pity we don't have that home ground stadium deal to make us more envyouble!
That would be the iceing on the cake with these guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Whilst in Melbourne, I spent $3 on a copy of the Herald Sun at the Airport.

No doubt will be my last for some time untill someone convinces me it has improved, changed its anti Carlton bias and has become a "good footy rag" as opposed to self promoting itself as ' The footy rag".

My objective was to read a report dissecting the game quarter by quarter, like the old days.

As we all know the Herald Sun is a Melbourne based paper, and one of the big 4 clubs, Carlton, also calls Melbourne home.

You would be wise to think the Herald Sun would want to position itself as a good source of information for Carlton fans given they are a big part of Herald suns audience and most carlton supporters did not attend the away game in Adelaide.

You'd think Carlton fans in Melbourne would be the Herald sun's targeted audience moreso than Port fans in Melbourne. Wouldn't you? No brainer really.

Did you notice the report in the Herald Sun on the Carlton Port game was written by a South Australian journo?

Who the hell is Richard Earle? Why would Carlton fans want to read a report bias against Carlton. To rub salt in the wound? Rub mud in our face?

Now go and read the report on afl.com.au. When you compare the 2 reports you can see they are chalk and cheese. You would have to question if Richard watched the game on live at the ground let alone live on TV.

14 sentences. That's the report in its entirety. You get longer reports of carlton games in the Sydney Morning Herald, and that's saying something given the Sydney- Melbourne rivalry.

The report was filled with praise for Port and opened with "[Port] ground down Carlton despite losing Amos and Watts to injury in a war of attrition". Is that what really happened? Carlton didn't have its chances in the last?

In fact Watts played until the end of the 3rd quarter and Carlton had taken the lead from Port prior to Watts' injury.

The last sentence of the 14 sentence report Earle states ...

"Power went on a 5 goal blitz. Port defender Dan Houston turned Curnow inside and the Blues star's knee gave way. Curnow returned with his knee strapped but Amon was done within minutes with a knee injury."

Seriously? Is that what happened? No way did that happen as he states. He musn't have been there or even seen the game.

Who is the Editor/ gate keeper to allow some tripe to make it to print?
Who is Eaele's boss?
What are Earle's qualifications?
How can this guy be allowed to write such tripe for a Melbourne audience.
Is this what Herald Sun believes Carlton fans and footy fans deserve to read?

The Herald Sun and Earle should apologise to Carlton fans and put this obvious vendetta against Carlton away....for good.

Lets get real and give Earle the 'heads up' of what really transpired on Saturday:

Carlton came out from the outset and blitzed Port in the first quarter.
It was Carlton's highest scoring first quarter for the last 5 years.
With minutes left in the first quarter Curnow led for the ball and his foot clipped Houston and Curnow fell to ground holding his knee.
Curnow was helped off the ground with an injured knee and didn't return to the field for the rest of the game. (Note:Watts was still playing. He played another 2 quarters.)
Following Curnow's injury Port got one back to cut Carlton's lead at quarter time.

Carlton was left to play without their star forward and it seemed the Blues confidence was down and lost its structure.
The Carlton forwardline was further robbed when Harry McKay went into the ruck to give heir only ruck, Philips, a well deserved rest.
Philips manfully having to take on Ryder and Lycett single handed, needed the rest. Last week the ruck duo demolished All Australian ruckman gawn.
The forwardline was left with no marking targets as McGovern went back to help stem the flow.
As a result in this period of the 2nd quarter Port scored 5 goals to 1.
Carlton was able to regroup in the 3rd where it hit the front in a nail biting game.
With a tiring ruckman and a patchwork forwardline Carlton succommed to the home team with the crowd (and umpires) willing them to get over the line.

Like ex player and AFL commentator, King and others pointed out, the umpires in the first 2 rounds have affected results and are not having a good time ths far in the season. Regardless of the point on the bias umpiring, the journo from South Australia's Advertiser was so off the mark it makes one feel the Herald Sun peddles "FAKE NEWS" to its audience in Melbourne.

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE HERALD SUN.

i'M CONTACTING HS ROBBO TODAY TO ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION, and if Earle was at the game...and can I have my money back because I was after facts when I bought the Herald Sun in good faith, not obvious fake news.

I would be disappointed in any Carlton fan buys the Herald Sun for footy news, given the Herald Sun is clearly anti Carlton, especially when one can access the afl website for more for much more statistics and information for free and based on facts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next