Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:41 am 
Ken Hunter

Sunday Aug 16 (AAMI Stadium)

Nine day break.

Do it again Blues.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The result of this one is firmly in our hands....hit this team hard and it's all she wrote.... :thumbsup:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 am 
Herald Sun columnist

A 9 day break will come in handy for the boys after last night.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:30 am 
Bert Deacon

Me and four mates are heading over for this one, cant wait! Just hope we can bring the sort of effort we did Vs Geelong against Port!
Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:43 am 
Herald Sun columnist

hollywood43 wrote:
Me and four mates are heading over for this one, cant wait! Just hope we can bring the sort of effort we did Vs Geelong against Port!
Go Blues

Don't forget to back the Power Hollywood - you are a lucky talisman. :thumbsup:

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 am 
Bert Deacon

Hahaha i backed Geelong in the knockout comp at work.... and couldnt be happier to bomb out! I do it as a way of saying ' prove me wrong Carlton footy club '
More than happy to bomb out and more than happy to lose the tip.
Plus i had Geelong as the first leg in my weekt multi.... honestly couldnt be happier
And yes i will be backing Port to win next week.... if blues win im happy... its a win win

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

One of the highlights against Cats was the team effort...and some amazing fast paced skills between the boys..it was@#$@!5 Pleasing to see.
It seems we had the right balance or thereabouts of wise heads,and young enthusiasm.Also the right amount of grunters and athletes,.
I hope we keep The Chief in, and Robbo too.
Should Judd have a rest?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 am 
Rod Ashman

I hope Aussie and Jamo can make it back into the team and be part of this amazing development of the team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

hollywood43 wrote:
Go Blues

I'm going too. Just got my tickets in the Carlton Supporters area. I was very tempted to get my tickets with the Port Adelaide supporters area just so I could give it to them all game....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:36 pm 
Bob Chitty

Big selection issue this week. If Port structure as they are named this week, ie Tredrea Westhoff and Lade/Brogan up forward, then we will need more height down back. We could use Carlos as a defender, despite his form of late forward, but we would still need one more tall in my view. If Austin (or someone else - Hartlett? Cloke? Jacobs? Warnock?). We might even want to put in 2 talls to allow the option of one of them or Carlos playing forward without being exposed for height down back. Who to bring in is a bit of a quandry, but tougher still is who to leave out. No-one's performance last night warranted being dropped but I think for team balance there must be a tall-for small/mid swap if Port go the 3 talls forward, as I would expect them to as it gives us match-up problems. After much consideration I think that Robinson and Wiggins are the 2 in the gun, although others could be considered. If it was to be only 1 of them it is a tough call, probably Robbo who faded after a good start could benefit more from a run in the 2s. Tough call to make.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Grigg, Jamison, Warnock, Garlett and Austin should come into the minds of the selectors next week.

I can see 2 or 3 changes happening, depending on fitness & injury concerns.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:52 pm 
Bruce Comben

I am also making the trip over with a few mates, one a feral Port supporter. It should be great great, sounds like there's going to be a good number of Blues fans there. Lets go MAD. Go Blues!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

isdonis.george wrote:
I hope Aussie and Jamo can make it back into the team and be part of this amazing development of the team.

It would be nice but let's make them earn their spots, don't just include them because they are available...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:00 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

I think Jamo is pretty much out for the year from what I have been reading.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

DownUnderChick wrote:
I think Jamo is pretty much out for the year from what I have been reading.

Jamison himself said while they were interviewing him last night on Triple M that he could be back next week, but yeah who really knows...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
Grigg, Jamison, Warnock, Garlett and Austin should come into the minds of the selectors next week.

I can see 2 or 3 changes happening, depending on fitness & injury concerns.

Put a line through Warnock at this point.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I couldn't see any reason to make a change last week and I think the same this week too.

NO CHANGE again.

I'm talking about the named team without the last minute inclusion of Wiggins.

Back playing: Austin
Back Emergency: Wiggins

We will need the 3 talls in the backline and Austin is a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dogs just lost. We could seriously finish top 4 if we win our last 3. Dogs have a tough run home. We may need the filth to do us a favour (feel dirty typing that) tonight and knock off the Crows.

Massive game against Port.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm 
Bob Chitty

Still think we need to add one more tall if Port go with the same structure next week. Austin has good speed anyway so not much lost if we bring him in. Doesn't sound like there was that much to be enthused about in the 2s (lost by 47 after being even at last change). But still a tough call who to drop - I guess Wiggler is the obvious name given he was the last-minute inclusion for Austin, but I am inclined to go Robinson instead. Not much between the 2 by way of performance last night, but Robbo quietened after a good start and might benefit more from the rest while Wiggler's mature body could be useful (not that Robbo lacks for grunt, but his body isn't as well developed for it yet).

SO - IN Austin OUT Robinson. Other changes if warranted due to injury/soreness, but remembering we have the long break most guys should be feeling fairly good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree with Bondi.

In: Austin
Out: Wiggo

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next