Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 pm 
Robert Walls

Does anyone have an news on the current situation???

Is Kernahan looking for a new President?
Has he been looking since the day Pratt stepped down, or has he just started in the last week or so?

Or is he not looking at all?
If so does he honestly want to stay on as permanent President, and keep giving his mates jobs?

Who do you think are likely choices?
Has anyone heard any news/rumours about who the club is looking at??

With the prospect of us missing finals and having more debates and doubts raised over Ratten, surely now is the time to get the board and Presidency RIGHT
When Pratt came on board we were all talking about how success starts from the top.
Now all of a sudden we are seemingly rudderless... and the John Elliott business just highlights that for me.

For me:
- We need a competent, experienced businessman
- We need someone with a love for the club, but no strong mateships with any current coaches or players = INDEPENDENCE
- We need someone proud and agressive who will set a standard of discipline around the place
- We need someone who will inspire and work closely with Swann and Icke

Given that Ahmed Fahour is seemingly out of the picture now,
What other options do we have?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bluey44 wrote:
- We need someone with a love for the club, but no strong mateships with any current coaches or players = INDEPENDENCE

Get Sticks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Robert Walls

Bluey44 wrote:
Does anyone have an news on the current situation???

Is Kernahan looking for a new President?
Has he been looking since the day Pratt stepped down, or has he just started in the last week or so?

Or is he not looking at all?
If so does he honestly want to stay on as permanent President, and keep giving his mates jobs?

Who do you think are likely choices?
Has anyone heard any news/rumours about who the club is looking at??

With the prospect of us missing finals and having more debates and doubts raised over Ratten, surely now is the time to get the board and Presidency RIGHT
When Pratt came on board we were all talking about how success starts from the top.
Now all of a sudden we are seemingly rudderless... and the John Elliott business just highlights that for me.

For me:
- We need a competent, experienced businessman
- We need someone proud and agressive who will set a standard of discipline around the place
- We need someone who will inspire and work closely with Swann and Icke

Given that Ahmed Fahour is seemingly out of the picture now,
What other options do we have?

my sentiments exactly. whatever ground we began to gain when Pratt came in is being slowly eroded by Sticks and his outdated leadership style. Big Big Big problem at the moment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
Trevor Keogh

i reckon sticks should step aside for fraser brown ... self-made multi-millionaire who would:

- ensure ratts wouldn't feel insecure ...

- keep intact our uber-successful elliot dynastic line ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dave Hughes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Richard Newton - currently on the board and very highly rated by Pratt.

Sticks should step aside at the end of 2009 and allow the board to vote Richard in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 pm 
formerly Barack Obama

Fahour.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 pm 
Wayne Johnston

He has stated on radio a few times that he isnt over keen on the gig (not in those words) and is looking and hoping someone will put their hand up.

I guess it has to be someone Pratt family friendly for a number of reasons.

Still not sure about all this jobs for the boys stuff. There are a few old blue boys in the mix but it isnt as big an issue as most on here make out.

Swann and Icke run the show.

Old blues :- Ratts, Lappin, ............teague (bullants).................part time help Braddley ...even more part time Cheezle
Then you have Bomber, Harvey, montgomery and capuano

Throw harris in there and its really not a job for the boys scene at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm 
formerly blue-insider

club29 wrote:
Swann and Icke run the show

Exactly. Sticks is just for show.
Happy to leave him there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm 
Wayne Johnston

blue-insider wrote:
club29 wrote:

I think Sticks has a massive say in proceedings

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

budzy wrote:
blue-insider wrote:
club29 wrote:

I think Sticks has a massive say in proceedings

Yeah, super naive attitude thinking Sticks has little influence.
Look at who he is surrounded with... all his teammates.

Ratten was appointed by his mates and given an extension on 'not a hell of alot of reason' by them too.

I would bet my bottom dollar Ratten wouldnt have been coach if Swann was at another club looking for a coach and away from the 'influence'.....

Not that i could prove that mind you.... but you dont have to prove it if youre fair dinkum...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

So when it comes to dealings such as a new agreement with the MCC and ES, then Swann does all these dealings with the other President's representing the 16 AFL Clubs but when it comes to appointing the mates and what not, then Sticks takes over.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:
[

Ratten was appointed by his mates and given an extension on 'not a hell of alot of reason' by them too.

I would bet my bottom dollar Ratten wouldnt have been coach if Swann was at another club looking for a coach and away from the 'influence'.....

Not that i could prove that mind you.... but you dont have to prove it if youre fair dinkum...

You are most likely right. But if Ratts was assistant at that club and Pagan was coach running the team into the ground and Swann had seen Ratts at work i reckon he would have been in with a pretty good chance.

I cant prove it either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
[

You are most likely right. But if Ratts was assistant at that club and Pagan was coach running the team into the ground and Swann had seen Ratts at work i reckon he would have been in with a pretty good chance.

I cant prove it either.

So you think that while Pagan was a dinosaur .. in a few games Swann saw enoughj from Ratten doing remarkable stuff behind Pagans back that he thought to himself ... "I dont need anyone else...This must be our man!!"... and then a half a season in.. on a 2 year contract... he again saw so much in Ratts that he was worried Ratts would get poached.. and again thought to himself... "Yeppers there is another 2 years extension right there.. brilliant stuff..."

Swann wouldnt be able to prove that either... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
[

I cant prove it either.

So you think that while Pagan was a dinosaur .. in a few games Swann saw enoughj from Ratten doing remarkable stuff behind Pagans back that he thought to himself ... "I dont need anyone else...This must be our man!!"... and then a half a season in.. on a 2 year contract... he again saw so much in Ratts that he was worried Ratts would get poached.. and again thought to himself... "Yeppers there is another 2 years extension right there.. brilliant stuff..."

No that is not what i am saying but i am fair dinkum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
[

I cant prove it either.

Ok i know what youre saying.. youre saying Sticks was not responsible and Swann was responsible for the amateur hours selection and extension???

Well if thats the case were in more trouble then i thought...!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:51 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Just on Sticks, at the start of the game on Friday they showed Sticks sitting behind Ratts in the coaches box and I thought to myself that I used to ridicule the Filth for Eddie sitting in the box behind Mick.

As president, he should get the hell out of there.... cannot remember the last time I saw Dick Pratt in the coaches box

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Just on Sticks, at the start of the game on Friday they showed Sticks sitting behind Ratts in the coaches box and I thought to myself that I used to ridicule the Filth for Eddie sitting in the box behind Mick.

As president, he should get the hell out of there.... cannot remember the last time I saw Dick Pratt in the coaches box

He should be in with the corporate sponsors.

Sticks has no idea....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
[

I cant prove it either.

Ok i know what youre saying.. youre saying Sticks was not responsible and Swann was responsible for the amateur hours selection and extension???

Pratt wanted the best so he got Swann. So we agree Swann is the best. Would the best be involved with a decision or a club that made decisions the way you have dreamt up it being made.

I think i know what you are saying. you are saying you know more about football clubs than Swann. You are saying you know more about footy than Rattan. You are saying you know more about running an organisation than Richard Pratt ....????

It doesnt bother me at all if you do think that but you have to accept that i dont think you do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
[

I cant prove it either.

Pratt wanted the best so he got Swann. So we agree Swann is the best. Would the best be involved with a decision or a club that made decisions the way you have dreamt up it being made.

I think i know what you are saying. you are saying you know more about football clubs than Swann. You are saying you know more about footy than Rattan. You are saying you know more about running an organisation than Richard Pratt ....????

It doesnt bother me at all if you do think that but you have to accept that i dont think you do.

Pratt wanted the bestCEO so wanted Cook...settled for Swann
The club wanted Voss but settled for Ratts...(no real process for either mind you)
Club needs Pratt but due to legal wranggles a illness and his eventual passing on... settled for Sticks

Which leads to not too many processes going on at the club....Teague(kids at the Bullies).. Lappin (forward line coach)

.. and im not saying i know more about footy clubs than Swann... but i know enough about the club culture to know Swann would be led by the 'Boys Club'..that exists.... as would Reilly and Montgomery... and they would have to try and fit in...

But there is a hell of alot of settling going on at the Blues...

Last edited by Synbad on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.