Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Couple of questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

So I am going to my first game of the year (damn uni takes up too much time !!!!!!!!!!) I have a Silver membership, and I will be going with my brother. I just have 2 questions

1) Are there any particular gates that I need to go through (is there a "general" admission area where most of the Carlton people sit ???)

2) How early will I need to get in there to get a "decent" seat in the general admission area ???

I know they are simple questions but I haven't been to a game in years

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Couple of questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wow, I got more help at BF . Thats pretty sad ..............................

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm 
Bert Deacon

You should be able to enter the MCG through every gate, except the AFL Reserve entrance, it is clearly marked, so you shouldn't miss it. From memory when I had a silver membership, it gives the area/s you are permitted to sit in on the back of your membership card. If you aren't sure, just ask one of the many attendants and they can direct you. I have no idea how early to get there to get a good seat.

Hopefully late is better than never. :wink: And of course enjoy the game and Go Blues! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 am 
Harry Vallence

septembergurl wrote:
You should be able to enter the MCG through every gate, except the AFL Reserve entrance, it is clearly marked, so you shouldn't miss it. From memory when I had a silver membership, it gives the area/s you are permitted to sit in on the back of your membership card. If you aren't sure, just ask one of the many attendants and they can direct you. I have no idea how early to get there to get a good seat.

Hopefully late is better than never. :wink: And of course enjoy the game and Go Blues! :thumbsup:

215 viws and your my ONLY reply ................

THANKS HEAPS !!!!!!!!!!! Thinking ill get in about 6 but im still not sure where it's best to sit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:59 am 
Garry Crane

coryne

the gates open 2 hours before the 1st bounce so the gates should open around 5:10pm on Saturday...

I cant help you on silver membership as i have premium gold membership... but i would dare say if you want to get good seats get there as early as possible

cheers
OZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 am 
Horrie Clover

They open earlier than that?

Social club is normally open early?

Why is it your first game in years?

This bandwagon thing is a disgrace. Not a personal attack, but I really do not understand where all 'these' people have been through the tough years. It pisses me off. I could not get a seat in the Social club allocation last week after spending 2hrs in the victory room before the game last week. This has never happened before.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Which gate?

Any gate on the Southern Stand Side of the ground.

What time?

I'd go now. Good Friday is boring. You might as well cue up now unless you have got something better to do?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

another question if anyone can help---i brought a membership at the game last sat. they said it would be delivered this week but has not arrived ....do i just bring my receipt and gain a ticket from the membership tent...can anyone help me with information...thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

linchpin wrote:

This bandwagon thing is a disgrace. Not a personal attack, but I really do not understand where all 'these' people have been through the tough years. It pisses me off. I could not get a seat in the Social club allocation last week after spending 2hrs in the victory room before the game last week. This has never happened before.

How about the fact that I have an eye condition which has made it virtually impossible to go to an AFL game and watch it ??? It has FINALLY settled down and I am FINALLY in a place in my PhD where I can FINALLY have the time to go to a game ???
\

Oh and the last time I did go to a game it was with some Richmond supporter friends who took care of the Tickets an a reserved section ...........

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

ozdevil wrote:
coryne

the gates open 2 hours before the 1st bounce so the gates should open around 5:10pm on Saturday...

I cant help you on silver membership as i have premium gold membership... but i would dare say if you want to get good seats get there as early as possible

cheers
OZ

Thanks Oz, much appreciated

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm hearin ya Corri...........

got a bit of an "eye condition" myself............!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:43 pm 
Garry Crane

linchpin wrote:

there is many reasons in a person life why they havent been able to go to a game of footy in years there is reasons why they are not members..

you have to think about peoples circumstances as things change for people overtime things may improve to allow them to become members

There is many a reasons why people didnt purchase memberships in the tough times

i think you would be batter heading your statement to those who gave up there memberships through the tough times then thinking it is a disgrace becuase people are now joining up

i would much rather see people jumping on the bandwagon then seeing members jumping of the bandwagon specially few years ago when times was tough for Carlton...

in which that statement you made had no helpful outcome to the 2 questions above made by coryne and shouldnt have to justify to you or anyone else as to why they havent had the chance to go to the footy for years regardless how it pi$$es you off...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

coryne wrote:
Wow, I got more help at BF . Thats pretty sad ..............................

BF has over a million people reading it and this site has well maybe a few hundred. What do you expect?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:53 pm 
Serge Silvagni

You can go through any gate. Have you ever been to the footy? You wonder around until you find a seat if your membership aint gold.

If this is your first time to an AFL match, you will love it. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fair questions, I've bought family silver memberships for the last 8 years but i havent been to a game in 5 years. If anything's changed in the last 5 years I'd have to ask for help. There's plenty of room on the CFC bandwagon, all welcome I say!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

best to enter in gates 3, 4 or 5

Not sure if you will be able to sit on Level 1, depends on reserved seat sales.

If not, go straight up to Level 3 and sit down the front.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

blueboys101 wrote:
another question if anyone can help---i brought a membership at the game last sat. they said it would be delivered this week but has not arrived ....do i just bring my receipt and gain a ticket from the membership tent...can anyone help me with information...thanks in advance

Go to the membership marque outside the ground with your receipt and they will make sure you can get into the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

coryne, A Silver membership is just a General Admission type of membership, so there is no designated seat allocations this Year..

The General admission seats at the MCG are located on Level 3, right at the top... You can enter from any Gate.... However, there is a catch to it.....

the MCG has a General admission area on Level 1, which are really Great seats but you have to turn up early...6pm will do it....

The First Area is at the Ponsford Stand, Aisles M28 & M29.... Enter from Gate 1

the Second area is at the Olympic Stand, Aisles M55 & M56, Enter Gate 3

Sometimes, one of those areas becomes a reserved seating depending on how many tickets have been Sold, but Ask them at the Ground when you get there and they will tell you....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am 
Harry Vallence

Dodo27 wrote:
coryne, A Silver membership is just a General Admission type of membership, so there is no designated seat allocations this Year..

The General admission seats at the MCG are located on Level 3, right at the top... You can enter from any Gate.... However, there is a catch to it.....

the MCG has a General admission area on Level 1, which are really Great seats but you have to turn up early...6pm will do it....

The First Area is at the Ponsford Stand, Aisles M28 & M29.... Enter from Gate 1

the Second area is at the Olympic Stand, Aisles M55 & M56, Enter Gate 3

Sometimes, one of those areas becomes a reserved seating depending on how many tickets have been Sold, but Ask them at the Ground when you get there and they will tell you....

Thanks heaps Dodo. Now I know I won't have to ask the simple question again next time .............. :grin: :grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:36 am 
Harry Vallence

One last question, which side will the Carlton cheer squad be positioned ???